Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 12/9/2017 12:49:00 PM

It's amazing to see the results so quickly. What I did was to mix two capsules of Vitamin E, a teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel extracted directly from the plant, and two teaspoons of Castor Oil. I applied the mixture with a clean eyeliner brush on my top and bottom lashes, as well as my eyebrows every night before bed. In three weeks my eyelashes were noticeably longer and it helped the growth the parts of my eyebrows that never used to grow. The only downside of the treatment is; it makes my eyes hurt a little when I wake up in the morning but the pain quickly goes away when I wash my eyes. I'll definitely continue using it.

on 10/27/2017 7:36:00 AM

I would never have believed this if I hadn't tried it, after accidentally bumping into the reviews here. Like, Health Canada could be publishing PSAs on this, and I'd still be going "Nah, I'm sure it wouldn't do that. Not for me, anyway. Probably straight up placebo...people want to believe it will work, so they convince themselves that it does..."

TWO WEEKS IN I HAVE THICKER BROWS, HOLY BALLS

Wowza. They have always been narrow and sparse, and they were starting to get patchy as I got older -- not an overplucking issue; I've always just had to remove the odd "I'm going to start my own thing over here!" brow and that's it. And the "balding" patches are filling in like crazy. In _two weeks_.

I bought it ("Sunny Isle Jamaican Black") because it was on sale and I had long meant to grab some for other uses -- homemade lip balms etc -- but the reviews here convinced me to give it a whirl elsewhere. Thank you, MUAers!!

It's perfect in one of those tubes with a brush usually used for lip gloss or cuticle oil (empty ones are cheap on eBay).

Unfortunately effects on eyelashes = zero -- will update if that changes. But I'm pretty much ready to start bathing in this stuff, given all the rave reviews for all sorts of uses. I do a lot of skin care DIY stuff and have a lot of different oils and have never ever had a OMG, BEST EVER! moment with one like this. It's all the more amazing that it was a reasonable price and did not make any absurd claims on the bottle (a huge part of what pushed me off to DIY stuff...).

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for a week so I feel like I may be writing this a bit prematurely, BUT. Wow. I can see such a difference already! I use it for brows and lashes. I was another victim of the thin eyebrow trend and have pretty pathetic patchy brows. I slather this on at night and massage it in. The sparse areas are filling in already! Im kind of dumbfounded as to how quickly this seems to be working for me. My eyelashes have been tortured with extensions on and off for the past 5 years. Sometimes I like to have a break and wear mascara. My lashes are blonde, thin and short. But holy crap. they seem mm's longer already. It's almost as if my brows and lashes have been screaming out for nutrition and have sucked it up like a dehydrated plant. I will do an update in a month or so and maybe upload pics! Side note: I also use this as a lup balm at night, its sooo moisturising. And under my eyes to try and nourish the dark circles. Such an awesome product!

on 5/10/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have been using for two weeks. Applied with clean spoolie. Haven't noticed much change to my sparse Asian brows or lashes, but my combination skin, tending towards dry, and prone to hives and milia has not gone crazy either. (I have been very careful in application though and do not apply to lower lashes). Will continue for another two weeks unless I lose patience. Even if there is no noticeable growth, it's probably good to condition or moisturize my lashes and brows.

UPDATE: I applied CO to curled lashes and my lashes stayed curled for over 12 hours, a definite record. Which makes CO a good option for weekend bare face days. . .

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

on 2/11/2017 7:37:00 PM

Castor oil has been AMAZING for me. I started using it for acne, and it's great for so much more than that. About 5 months ago I suddenly started getting cystic acne, which I haven't had a lot of, despite my acne-prone skin. I got like three or four big ones in a month, and not only were they impossible to cover with makeup, but they hurt SO bad. So, after a bit of research, I came upon castor oil. I started using it, very lightly (it's very thick) on my face a few times a week, and I was very happy with the results. Not only did my cystic acne start shrinking, but the rest of my face was practically glowing! I continued to use it even after my acne went away, and I'm so happy I did, because my skin is sooo smooth and soft now. I can't recommend it enough! But, be sure to not use too much! Like I said, it's thick. I only use a small amount, and rub it in circles all over my face. Also, you can find it really cheap! I got a bottle of it for only 6 dollars, and 5 months later I have used less than half of it. It also doesn't have too much of a smell, kinda just smells faintly of oil. It also might take around 10 mins to fully absord, so don't be shocked if your face looks kinda oily for that amount of time. But after that, it's all gone! Give it a try!

on 12/16/2016 4:01:00 PM

I have been using Humco cold pressed castor oil every night for several months on my brows and under eyes to combat dark circles. My brows are thicker than ever, a few spots that needed filling have grown in, and my dark circles are noticeably decreased. I had a reaction when I used it on my lashes as it clogged my lash line too much, and got a huge painful sty, so can no longer use it on my lashes, but am very happy with the results I achieved by using it on my brows and under eye area.

on 12/11/2016 7:05:00 AM

If I could give this a zero, I totally would, it`s been a nightmare oil that`s caused nothing but problems for me. I`ve tried using it to regrow my eyebrow hair, been patient and applied a tiny amount nightly to my brows for well over 1 month, and nothing happened. The only hairs that appeared were really low, close to my eyelid, which is where they usually regrow anyway and I usually have to tweeze because otherwise my eyeshadow doesn`t apply properly. Not only did it not grow any new hair, it actually irritated the heck out of my eyelids, which became raw red, puffy and creepy like never before. Whoever tells you this stuff is good for you or will regrow hair is getting paid or is off their rocker. So irresponsible of you, to go around hyping products that are bad for people.

UPDATE: According to my dermatologist castor oil is comedogenic and will cause premature aging of the skin.

Coconut oil is raged about too much. coconut oil is NOT non comedogenic and will clog every pore in your body. I have no idea what the beauty hype is about with coconut oil. Castor oil is the best! My review is different, I use castor oil as a primer and my foundation stays on forever. I tried every primer on the market to get my foundation to stay put, researched every page on the internet and my makeup would never stay. Changed my skin care (I'm combo, went from skincare to treat oily skin to skincare for hydration) and it was still the same outcome of makeup disappearing. forget how I stumbled across castor oil but tried it and will never ever use a different primer again! I initially started using with the growth of my eyelashes after I removed my extensions and have stopped applying to my lashes now they have grown back. I now use castor oil on my face under foundation (I use Estée Lauder double wear) and I slather, and I mean SLATHER it on under my eyes, top of my eye socket and on the side of my eye to prevent wrinkles forming (I'm 22). This is only for when I'm going to bed. ALSO ITS THE BEST UNDER CONCEALER I have some under eye fine lines BUT NO CREASES WHEN I USE CASTOR OIL! I LOVE U CASTOR OIL!!!

Popular Brows Products