Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

I've been a skin care fanatic since my 20s and around 2 yrs ago, I became interested in DIY skincare and cosmetics. Today, it's my biggest hobby..I have a whole closet where you'll find nothing but essential oils, carrier oils and other ingredients. One of the staple products on there is Premium Nature 100% Pure Castor Oil bought on Amazon for a reasonable price. I use this to make my own lash/ brow growth serum and one s week i mix it with a carrier oil and apply to my hair roots, heat it up and wash of after 2 hours. 1..my lashes have never been so healthy and long(it actually looks like I'm wearing a light mascara when I'm not) and my overplucked brows have filled in and I've been able to shape them perfectly without them looking so sparse. 2) My damaged hair that was abused by heat styling and coloring has never been healthier and more shiny. The Castor Oil Mixture had played a big part in that...just make sure you do correct research and know not to apply to hair by. Itself...must be mixed with a carrier oil and other warnings/suggestions because Castor Oil can be very potent and do some damage if not used correctly

on 3/10/2018 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Beware! Castor oil does not fight wrinkles, it creates them! After reading the stellar reviews and endless videos promoting castor oil for eyelash growth and anti-aging I bought two bottles and got to work. I used it for 2 weeks and let me tell you the growth was real, my lashes got super long and strong. However in the span of those two measly weeks my undereyes got deep new wrinkles where there was none before, especially in the crow’s feet area. It is crazy to me this is used as an undereye cream to prevent wrinkles. Castor oil causes premature aging. I still use it for hair growth on my scalp but I’ll never put it anywhere near my eyes again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Castor oil: one of the best oils for wrinkles and neck wrinkles!! (My aunt swears by this and she has ZERO wrinkles on her face and neck) and she has had ZERO plastic surgery or botox. (Shes also a vegan which is known to seriously slow down aging). I use this all over my face , eyes, and neck every night. Its very thick but so far being in my mid 30s, some my 20 year old friends look older than me lol. Im going to forever use this stuff every night.

I love castor oil for...pretty much everything. I used it to wash my face a few years ago, and I've used it successfully for brow growth and lash growth.

I moved away from using castor oil for whatever reason, but I was dealing with acne for like nine months and decided to break it out again (just straight castor oil) and my acne disappeared like overnight. I still have a little bit of scarring, but it's like night and day and I'm SO thankful. This is a "modified" version of the OCM on the OCM website and I should PROBABLY mix it with another oil, but I'm going to wait a little bit before I start experimenting.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I used castor oil to grow my brows for about 6 months. I over-tweezed a bit the ends in the 90's and now regret it. The castor oil did fill in my brows, however it also caused a small yet hard whitehead to appear right under my brow. Since then I have stopped using castor oil and the whitehead went away. Currently, I color my brows with Godefroy tiny kit and fill them in with Revlon Brow Fantasy or Hard Candy Brows Now.

on 8/23/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have castor oil in a pump glass bottle and use a tiny drop each night on my eyebrows and my lashes so they saty strong and moisturized. I totally see the difference when I skip it, my eyebrows are everywhere, with the castor oil they look polished and stay in place.

on 7/30/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are thin and brittle and I had been using coconut oil and olive oil to moisturize them after I removed my polish, along with a wide array of store bought creams and strengthening treatments.

On a whim, I tried castor oil and OMG.
This is my holy grail nail treatment. It really works!! Nothing else worked as well for me.

After using it for a few months, I'm experiencing much less peeling and breakage. My nails are much thicker and stronger. I'm able grow my nails long and keep them strong even if I use polish removers with acetone.

After removing polish, I wash my hands and dry them, then spread the very thick, gooey oil over my nails and let my nails absorb it over time (it usually takes about 20 minutes to a half hour). Sometimes I repeat the repeat the process. When I am ready to polish my nails, I wash my hands and clean my nail beds with alcohol to make sure there is no residual surface oil.

Castor Oil works for hair, so it makes sense that it also works for nails, which are also made of keratin.

I used this for 2 weeks straight with no sign of improvement. I started losing lashes while removing my makeup and mascara. I don't recommend.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a great cheap do-it-yourself trick to keep eyelashes healthy. I rub it on my lashes and around my eye area. It keeps my lashes healthy, and they seem stronger and fall out less. Here's a tip.: to keep oil from getting contaminated pour a little in a glass or disposable shot glass and apply with a Q tip or disposable mascara wands that can be cheaply bought in large bags. You oil and application tools will always be fresh and clean.Can't go wrong with this natural product far as I can see.

on 6/19/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I read so much on the internet about this oil and I can say : It really helped me to thick and grow my eyelashes.
I simply use an old washed out mascara and apply the oil on my eyelashes every night before I go to bed.

Popular Brows Products