Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Castor oil: one of the best oils for wrinkles and neck wrinkles!! (My aunt swears by this and she has ZERO wrinkles on her face and neck) and she has had ZERO plastic surgery or botox. (Shes also a vegan which is known to seriously slow down aging). I use this all over my face , eyes, and neck every night. Its very thick but so far being in my mid 30s, some my 20 year old friends look older than me lol. Im going to forever use this stuff every night.

I love castor oil for...pretty much everything. I used it to wash my face a few years ago, and I've used it successfully for brow growth and lash growth.

I moved away from using castor oil for whatever reason, but I was dealing with acne for like nine months and decided to break it out again (just straight castor oil) and my acne disappeared like overnight. I still have a little bit of scarring, but it's like night and day and I'm SO thankful. This is a "modified" version of the OCM on the OCM website and I should PROBABLY mix it with another oil, but I'm going to wait a little bit before I start experimenting.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I used castor oil to grow my brows for about 6 months. I over-tweezed a bit the ends in the 90's and now regret it. The castor oil did fill in my brows, however it also caused a small yet hard whitehead to appear right under my brow. Since then I have stopped using castor oil and the whitehead went away. Currently, I color my brows with Godefroy tiny kit and fill them in with Revlon Brow Fantasy or Hard Candy Brows Now.

on 8/23/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have castor oil in a pump glass bottle and use a tiny drop each night on my eyebrows and my lashes so they saty strong and moisturized. I totally see the difference when I skip it, my eyebrows are everywhere, with the castor oil they look polished and stay in place.

on 7/30/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My nails are thin and brittle and I had been using coconut oil and olive oil to moisturize them after I removed my polish, along with a wide array of store bought creams and strengthening treatments.

On a whim, I tried castor oil and OMG.
This is my holy grail nail treatment. It really works!! Nothing else worked as well for me.

After using it for a few months, I'm experiencing much less peeling and breakage. My nails are much thicker and stronger. I'm able grow my nails long and keep them strong even if I use polish removers with acetone.

After removing polish, I wash my hands and dry them, then spread the very thick, gooey oil over my nails and let my nails absorb it over time (it usually takes about 20 minutes to a half hour). Sometimes I repeat the repeat the process. When I am ready to polish my nails, I wash my hands and clean my nail beds with alcohol to make sure there is no residual surface oil.

Castor Oil works for hair, so it makes sense that it also works for nails, which are also made of keratin.

I used this for 2 weeks straight with no sign of improvement. I started losing lashes while removing my makeup and mascara. I don't recommend.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a great cheap do-it-yourself trick to keep eyelashes healthy. I rub it on my lashes and around my eye area. It keeps my lashes healthy, and they seem stronger and fall out less. Here's a tip.: to keep oil from getting contaminated pour a little in a glass or disposable shot glass and apply with a Q tip or disposable mascara wands that can be cheaply bought in large bags. You oil and application tools will always be fresh and clean.Can't go wrong with this natural product far as I can see.

on 6/19/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I read so much on the internet about this oil and I can say : It really helped me to thick and grow my eyelashes.
I simply use an old washed out mascara and apply the oil on my eyelashes every night before I go to bed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just say I over plucked my brows and at one point shaved them off. Castor Oil SAVED them! I also apply this to my lashed and oh man, who needs false lashes? Will always repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

been using castor oil on my eyebrows for the past 2 months when i can be bothered and even so it has actually worked my eyebrows are a lot thicker and not so many gaps, all my life ive never really had thick eyebrows they have always been thin and especially after shaving them off as a 13 year old there hasnt been much hair but now there is and in my inner part of my eyebrow has started to grow yet there ha never been hair there at all so i suggest everyone try it to improve hair growth :-)

Popular Brows Products