Filtered by skin type : Other

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have lost my front hair an year back and the rest ones are also very thin and getting thinner day by day. Does castor oil help to regrow my hair back? And how to apply it for regrowth?
Thanks.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love my oil..Is great for my skin and hair.

on 9/30/2014 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this for a couple things. Eyebrows and eyelashes to condition them. I mix it with coconut oil and henna and leave it in overnight and it makes my hair so soft. Oh and as a sore muscle rub! Massage it in and let it sit for a while then rinse off.

Oh and dry hands and feet too. :)

on 2/17/2014 11:29:00 PM

I began using castor oil a few years ago after reading about it's healing properties and ability to aid in hair growth. From what I have read, it helps eyelashes/eyebrows in the following way: the antimicrobial effect of the oil on a hair follicle kills bacteria present that causes hair to prematurely fall out. Therefore, the follicle itself becomes much healthier and hair will remain in it for a longer time - this is why lashes end up looking longer - they are allowed to grow for a longer period of time. The bonus here is that you are not using any drug that will have negative side effects. IMO, always go for an oil remedy over a drug remedy. Castor oil can actually be used in the eye for infections and styes. It can be taken internally, although the results are dramatic, so don't - unless you really know what you are doing. I say this to point out that it is definitely safe and has many uses. The castor BEAN is poisonous - but not the oil. The oil is tremendously beneficial.

What I do: I wash my makeup off with a bit of castor oil mixed with Dermalogica Precleanse. I follow this with a regular face wash on all but my eye area. The oil takes any makeup off very gently, and then is washed away on my skin by the face wash. But some of the oil remains on my eye area, thus helping my eyelashes. My lashes are definitely better these last couple years than they were even in my teens. It's not a dramatic fake eyelash look, but it's visible and they look great - thicker and longer. I plan to use it for the rest of my life!

BTW some of our other uses in our family have been: applying to remove warts and plantar warts, thickening eyebrows, putting on wounds to keep them moist and sterile, healing chapped hands, softening calluses, etc. We slap this on a lot of stuff!

on 10/28/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

on 8/4/2013 5:46:00 PM

Castor oil is AMAZING! After one week I saw dramatic growth in my once sparse eyebrows. And I haven't even tried the organic version yet! After visiting my threading lady and complaining of my poor eyebrows she suggested buying castor oil and brushing it on at bedtime in the opposite direction of the hair growth. After ONE week I have eyebrow hair growing in places I didn't even know they could grow! I'm talking years of blank patches filling in! I also brush my eyelashes and lash line with a q-tip dipped in castor oil and on the seventh day of doing this I have the tiniest baby hairs sprouting up a little above my lashline! After I bought the castor oil I researched its purposes and began using it 50/50 with coconut oil as a oil cleansing method. I have terribly sensitive skin that dries out to almost everything and is oily the majority of the time, especially my T-zone. Every night I dabbed a small amount in my fingertips, warmed it up with them and massaged my face for about 5 minutes. Then place a really warm wash cloth over my face until it reaches room temperature and repeat the process 5 or so times. Immediately I notice small particles being purged out of my pores! After the 5 or so cycles I wipe the remaining oil off with the wash cloth. My skin has started to become super smooth and many of my oversized pores are closing up. This is after one week people. It's like I can feel my skin saying thank you! I don't feel the need to use primer and bronzer/foundation because my skins been feeling so great this past week I don't even feel the need to cover it! And I don't want to put more garbage on it anymore - my face and I are beginning a new relationship!! And me and my skin have had a rough life! I can't believe I went my entire teenage and early twenties without knowledge of this lol! Overall I'm totally in love castor oil is such a beautiful home remedy and I recommend it to everyone. It works best when warmed, and as a hair mask on hair that is damp.

The search for longer, fuller and healthier brows and lashes stops here.
I have had health issues that made my brows and lashes fall off- slow but sure march to trying anything and everything to keep them from going the way of the dinosaurs.

I decanted some of this oil into an empty and very clean mascara tube. Brushed it on at night and saw improvement in 3 weeks. It has gotten to the point where I can see a weird second line of new lashes and it is crazy long.

I doubt that this product needs any more positive things said about it, as it has marched on for centuries curing all sorts of ailments. I just wanted to add my two cents so that anybody suffering from the same problem may think of trying this oil out and spare themselves the rigmarole of jumping from one product to the next without finding an answer.

on 10/1/2012 3:21:00 PM

I don't know what people are talking about, I used Castor Oil on my eyelashes for months and absolutely nothing happened. If you want something that actually works for eyelashes, get Latisse.

This castor oil really helped me grow my lashes fast. Its a great natural eyelash growth product!

on 4/9/2012 10:14:00 AM

Used castor oil for a month on brows & lashes. All I got was breakouts and milia. No hair growth at all.

And before you ask, I was very careful with application. I used a eyeliner brush that was designated for this specific purpose and cleaned it after each use.

Popular Brows Products