Filtered by skin tone : Other

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I got the store brand laxative version to use on my eyelashes, which had broken off in places due to old mascara and seemed doomed to remain forever stubby! I was reluctant to use oil due to the fact that applying it to my face inevitably results in breakouts (no matter the type of oil) but like I said my lashes seemed in no hurry to grow back.

I tried emu oil first but after a couple weeks of getting no results whatsoever (aside from some new zits around my brows and upper cheeks) I tried this stuff. It also gives me eyebrow zits despite the fact that I do not apply it on my brows... I started seeing results after about a week. Its still slow going but I can't complain because I was getting kinda scared they weren't gonna grow back... The lashes that weren't broken are now all long and full enough that the ones growing in aren't even noticeable. I just dab it pretty generously on my lash lines and in my lashes. It's all thick and slimy but surprisingly, It seems to be absorbed by the time I wake up and hasn't affected my eye makeup during the day (when I used to use EVOO for eye MU remover my eyeliner practically melted off during the days no matter the primer I used).

on 8/4/2013 5:46:00 PM

Castor oil is AMAZING! After one week I saw dramatic growth in my once sparse eyebrows. And I haven't even tried the organic version yet! After visiting my threading lady and complaining of my poor eyebrows she suggested buying castor oil and brushing it on at bedtime in the opposite direction of the hair growth. After ONE week I have eyebrow hair growing in places I didn't even know they could grow! I'm talking years of blank patches filling in! I also brush my eyelashes and lash line with a q-tip dipped in castor oil and on the seventh day of doing this I have the tiniest baby hairs sprouting up a little above my lashline! After I bought the castor oil I researched its purposes and began using it 50/50 with coconut oil as a oil cleansing method. I have terribly sensitive skin that dries out to almost everything and is oily the majority of the time, especially my T-zone. Every night I dabbed a small amount in my fingertips, warmed it up with them and massaged my face for about 5 minutes. Then place a really warm wash cloth over my face until it reaches room temperature and repeat the process 5 or so times. Immediately I notice small particles being purged out of my pores! After the 5 or so cycles I wipe the remaining oil off with the wash cloth. My skin has started to become super smooth and many of my oversized pores are closing up. This is after one week people. It's like I can feel my skin saying thank you! I don't feel the need to use primer and bronzer/foundation because my skins been feeling so great this past week I don't even feel the need to cover it! And I don't want to put more garbage on it anymore - my face and I are beginning a new relationship!! And me and my skin have had a rough life! I can't believe I went my entire teenage and early twenties without knowledge of this lol! Overall I'm totally in love castor oil is such a beautiful home remedy and I recommend it to everyone. It works best when warmed, and as a hair mask on hair that is damp.

The search for longer, fuller and healthier brows and lashes stops here.
I have had health issues that made my brows and lashes fall off- slow but sure march to trying anything and everything to keep them from going the way of the dinosaurs.

I decanted some of this oil into an empty and very clean mascara tube. Brushed it on at night and saw improvement in 3 weeks. It has gotten to the point where I can see a weird second line of new lashes and it is crazy long.

I doubt that this product needs any more positive things said about it, as it has marched on for centuries curing all sorts of ailments. I just wanted to add my two cents so that anybody suffering from the same problem may think of trying this oil out and spare themselves the rigmarole of jumping from one product to the next without finding an answer.

on 10/1/2012 3:21:00 PM

I don't know what people are talking about, I used Castor Oil on my eyelashes for months and absolutely nothing happened. If you want something that actually works for eyelashes, get Latisse.

This castor oil really helped me grow my lashes fast. Its a great natural eyelash growth product!

on 4/9/2012 10:14:00 AM

Used castor oil for a month on brows & lashes. All I got was breakouts and milia. No hair growth at all.

And before you ask, I was very careful with application. I used a eyeliner brush that was designated for this specific purpose and cleaned it after each use.

on 10/22/2011 1:00:00 AM

help! ive been using this on my eyelashes, and have had remarkable results in just a couple of weeks, but the eyelashes on my right eye are growing about 5x faster that the eyelashes on my left eye! im trying to remedy this by just concentrating on my left eye for a week but its insane, my right eyelashes grow so fast i can notice the difference the next morning, and my left ones need a couple of days before i see any change - has anyone else had this, or know why eyelashes could respond differently or be of different lengths??

I was pretty sceptical about this product, but decided to apply it to see if it actually did anything to my slightly overplucked brows. And it DID! After about two weeks I again to see small hairs growing in again. I have to be honest in saying that my brows are not back to their teenage state, but there has been regrowth, so much so that I have to groom them again, something I thought I'd never be able to do again. I have also used it on my head and my hair seems softer and fuller. You have ti try it. I will never be without it now.

on 2/20/2010 8:44:00 PM

I had been using this with some moderate success on lashes-- no miracles, but lashes seemed thicker.

So decided to double up, and add some castor oil to the blend of oils I was using to remove eye makeup and protect my eye area while washing face with soap a la Laszlo/ Sartin ritual.

Big mistake! The castor oil made the rest of the oils really sticky. I washed twice to remove it, using lots of soap. Nevertheless, the next day I woke with breakouts over my cheeks! Acne cosmetica. I NEVER get breakouts there, but clearly the castor oil was the culprit, as it was the only change to my routine, and it never happened again when I tossed the castor oil blend.

So beware of claims that castor oil is noncomedogenic and great for oil cleansing. YMMV. I didn't break out with jojoba, with grapeseed , or with apricot oil, and they are supposed to be more comedogenic than castor oil. Not for me!

Now that bottle of castor oil, full strength, will last forever, cause I'm only using a teensy bit on lashes.

I'd give this a 0 rating for use on skin, and wouldn't buy it again, except it deserves a 3 for eyelash use.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a HG product and has been a staple in my life even before I was born because my mother used to take Castor Oil mixed in juice when she had morning sickness during her pregnancy with me. Also, whenever I had a upset stomach as a child my mother gave me the Castor Oil & juice mixture and my stomach ache soon went away and I still use Castor Oil in this way although now I just take it straight for the taste doesn't bother me...much for I hold my nose and just swallow it quickly and follow it with a lots of water.

Also, one of the best qualities is that it was wonderful hair growing properties. I use it on my eyelashes to keep them lush, soft and healthy since I prefer to wear waterproof mascara; on my eyebrows when I have gaps and/or when I mistakenly over pluck/thread them; and I use it on my hairline and hair to grow the hair on my head. As for the latter method, since Castor Oil is very thick, I dilute it with jojoba oil and other essential oils to boost the hair growing properties of the essential oils mixture and it has worked wonders. My hair has literally grown 3 inches in a little more than 4 months by applying this mixture to my scalp and hair twice day, everyday and I am a woman of color with course relaxed 4A/4B hair which is 13+ weeks post-relaxing as of the date of this review -- and my hair is super soft and moisturized, especially my new growth and the ends of my hair.

Castor Oil is an awesome HG product and I am never without and IMHO is must have oil for everyone.

Popular Brows Products