4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

on 8/25/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I mix it with sweet almond oil and....
Use it as a mascara remover, since it doesn't sting, it's inexpensive, and moisturizing.
Add essential oils like Rosemary, cedar, eucalyptus, orange, and use it as a hair oil treatment.

Does it grow lashes and brows? Well I haven't seen any difference, but I'm tired of over the counter products that are expensive, trial and error, mistakes or rip offs.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for a week so I feel like I may be writing this a bit prematurely, BUT. Wow. I can see such a difference already! I use it for brows and lashes. I was another victim of the thin eyebrow trend and have pretty pathetic patchy brows. I slather this on at night and massage it in. The sparse areas are filling in already! Im kind of dumbfounded as to how quickly this seems to be working for me. My eyelashes have been tortured with extensions on and off for the past 5 years. Sometimes I like to have a break and wear mascara. My lashes are blonde, thin and short. But holy crap. they seem mm's longer already. It's almost as if my brows and lashes have been screaming out for nutrition and have sucked it up like a dehydrated plant. I will do an update in a month or so and maybe upload pics! Side note: I also use this as a lup balm at night, its sooo moisturising. And under my eyes to try and nourish the dark circles. Such an awesome product!

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

on 5/10/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have been using for two weeks. Applied with clean spoolie. Haven't noticed much change to my sparse Asian brows or lashes, but my combination skin, tending towards dry, and prone to hives and milia has not gone crazy either. (I have been very careful in application though and do not apply to lower lashes). Will continue for another two weeks unless I lose patience. Even if there is no noticeable growth, it's probably good to condition or moisturize my lashes and brows.

UPDATE: I applied CO to curled lashes and my lashes stayed curled for over 12 hours, a definite record. Which makes CO a good option for weekend bare face days. . .

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

on 2/11/2017 7:37:00 PM

Castor oil has been AMAZING for me. I started using it for acne, and it's great for so much more than that. About 5 months ago I suddenly started getting cystic acne, which I haven't had a lot of, despite my acne-prone skin. I got like three or four big ones in a month, and not only were they impossible to cover with makeup, but they hurt SO bad. So, after a bit of research, I came upon castor oil. I started using it, very lightly (it's very thick) on my face a few times a week, and I was very happy with the results. Not only did my cystic acne start shrinking, but the rest of my face was practically glowing! I continued to use it even after my acne went away, and I'm so happy I did, because my skin is sooo smooth and soft now. I can't recommend it enough! But, be sure to not use too much! Like I said, it's thick. I only use a small amount, and rub it in circles all over my face. Also, you can find it really cheap! I got a bottle of it for only 6 dollars, and 5 months later I have used less than half of it. It also doesn't have too much of a smell, kinda just smells faintly of oil. It also might take around 10 mins to fully absord, so don't be shocked if your face looks kinda oily for that amount of time. But after that, it's all gone! Give it a try!

Popular Brows Products