4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 12/9/2017 12:49:00 PM

It's amazing to see the results so quickly. What I did was to mix two capsules of Vitamin E, a teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel extracted directly from the plant, and two teaspoons of Castor Oil. I applied the mixture with a clean eyeliner brush on my top and bottom lashes, as well as my eyebrows every night before bed. In three weeks my eyelashes were noticeably longer and it helped the growth the parts of my eyebrows that never used to grow. The only downside of the treatment is; it makes my eyes hurt a little when I wake up in the morning but the pain quickly goes away when I wash my eyes. I'll definitely continue using it.

on 10/27/2017 7:36:00 AM

I would never have believed this if I hadn't tried it, after accidentally bumping into the reviews here. Like, Health Canada could be publishing PSAs on this, and I'd still be going "Nah, I'm sure it wouldn't do that. Not for me, anyway. Probably straight up placebo...people want to believe it will work, so they convince themselves that it does..."

TWO WEEKS IN I HAVE THICKER BROWS, HOLY BALLS

Wowza. They have always been narrow and sparse, and they were starting to get patchy as I got older -- not an overplucking issue; I've always just had to remove the odd "I'm going to start my own thing over here!" brow and that's it. And the "balding" patches are filling in like crazy. In _two weeks_.

I bought it ("Sunny Isle Jamaican Black") because it was on sale and I had long meant to grab some for other uses -- homemade lip balms etc -- but the reviews here convinced me to give it a whirl elsewhere. Thank you, MUAers!!

It's perfect in one of those tubes with a brush usually used for lip gloss or cuticle oil (empty ones are cheap on eBay).

Unfortunately effects on eyelashes = zero -- will update if that changes. But I'm pretty much ready to start bathing in this stuff, given all the rave reviews for all sorts of uses. I do a lot of skin care DIY stuff and have a lot of different oils and have never ever had a OMG, BEST EVER! moment with one like this. It's all the more amazing that it was a reasonable price and did not make any absurd claims on the bottle (a huge part of what pushed me off to DIY stuff...).

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

on 8/25/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Castor oil is really thick. I mix it with sweet almond oil and....
Use it as a mascara remover, since it doesn't sting, it's inexpensive, and moisturizing.
Add essential oils like Rosemary, cedar, eucalyptus, orange, and use it as a hair oil treatment.

Does it grow lashes and brows? Well I haven't seen any difference, but I'm tired of over the counter products that are expensive, trial and error, mistakes or rip offs.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for a week so I feel like I may be writing this a bit prematurely, BUT. Wow. I can see such a difference already! I use it for brows and lashes. I was another victim of the thin eyebrow trend and have pretty pathetic patchy brows. I slather this on at night and massage it in. The sparse areas are filling in already! Im kind of dumbfounded as to how quickly this seems to be working for me. My eyelashes have been tortured with extensions on and off for the past 5 years. Sometimes I like to have a break and wear mascara. My lashes are blonde, thin and short. But holy crap. they seem mm's longer already. It's almost as if my brows and lashes have been screaming out for nutrition and have sucked it up like a dehydrated plant. I will do an update in a month or so and maybe upload pics! Side note: I also use this as a lup balm at night, its sooo moisturising. And under my eyes to try and nourish the dark circles. Such an awesome product!

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 5/10/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Have been using for two weeks. Applied with clean spoolie. Haven't noticed much change to my sparse Asian brows or lashes, but my combination skin, tending towards dry, and prone to hives and milia has not gone crazy either. (I have been very careful in application though and do not apply to lower lashes). Will continue for another two weeks unless I lose patience. Even if there is no noticeable growth, it's probably good to condition or moisturize my lashes and brows.

UPDATE: I applied CO to curled lashes and my lashes stayed curled for over 12 hours, a definite record. Which makes CO a good option for weekend bare face days. . .

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

Popular Brows Products