Filtered by age: 30-35

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 8/22/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am from the Caribbean and castor oil "real homemade "castor oil and coconut oil it's what was used in my hair , for best results in skin care brows and lashes mix in with real Coconut oil and you will be amazed. it can also be added to to body lotions hand creams for that extra hydration.

on 7/7/2017 4:13:00 PM

Such a wonderful and versatille product!
The thing I like castor oil the most is my skin. I love it for face massage (mix it with whatever other oil I have or use it alone (if your skin is not dry) ), makes pores look smaller and prepares skin for extractions.
Second best thing is also for skin - for undereye area. I apply rosehip oil and on top of that tap a bit of castor oil (concentrating on the ends where crows feet are). Works wonder, no joke!

Must say that I was applying it to my lashes for almost 5 years every evening but havent seen mindblowing results.

Works really well for dry hair - just mix it with any other oil ant apply generously from roots to the ends, sleep in it (might use a hairdryer when the oil is in your hair, every now and again to warm your hair so that the oil would penetrate better). Wash it in the morning. I had no issues with washing it out though it is clumpy oil, but 2 washes with shampoo, then a balm/mask and hair feels smooth and soft.

on 10/14/2016 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't have luck with this. :( I have a patch in the front of my left brow that is over tweezed and once I realized it, I've been trying to grow it back. I left it alone and some grew back naturally but it's very sparse. I contacted a micro blade artist about doing that and she said to try castor as my brows are pretty thick and it might not be enough to fill it to match my natural ones. So I picked it up. I also started using Hair skin and nails supplements a little before the castor oil.

One of the first things I did was put some into a smaller travel container so it would be easier to use. I have been using this for a few months now, on my lashes and brows. I would rub it a little under my eyes as well to seal in my moisturizers/just for extra protection. I got a few small styes and wondered if it was the castor. I previously used Vaseline with cocoa butter EVERY night on my lashes and eye circles and had no problems and I actually really loved that. I liked how it felt in the am where the castor felt more...Idk like I got more crusty with it and less nourishing. I also started to notice little clogged pores around my brow, but I kept up with it because I do get those sometimes anyway.

I knew it was going to take some time, but after a few months, I really didn't feel it was helping at all. Even with the supplements, I haven't had any growth more than what I did initially. I'm not trying to bash castor, I think it's worth a try for the price. But it doesn't work for everyone/every situation. I went back to the Vaseline and also ordered RapidLash to try on that patch as well as on my lashes.

I also think based on my experience with it on my brows and lashes that it wouldn't work for me to do the OCM with. I have tried that in the past with other oils and haven't found that magical one that works for me yet anyway, but I wouldn't attempt with this because I think my skin doesn't love it as much. I'm trying to find other uses for it though, because I know there are many.

on 8/23/2016 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have castor oil in a pump glass bottle and use a tiny drop each night on my eyebrows and my lashes so they saty strong and moisturized. I totally see the difference when I skip it, my eyebrows are everywhere, with the castor oil they look polished and stay in place.

on 8/9/2016 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this on my lashes and brows and it really does help reduce hair loss and my brows seem a lot thicker now (keep in mind I've been using this off and on for over a year, it's not a quick fix). I have also tried this on my scalp as I have thinning hair but I find it's rather thick and difficult to apply. I tried mixing it with 1/4 jojoba oil, 3/4 castor oil to thin it out and that helped with the application (I do not use the thinned out mix on brows). Also using a dropper helps with application to the scalp as well. I sleep with it on and wash my hair in the morning, you definitely don't want to be going out with this much oil on your head, it doesn't absorb much.
I picked up a huge bottle at a local nutrition place for about $15cad which I feel is a good price. Would repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got castor oil after reading it helped some people to get rid of their chalazion. It didn't do that for me. I have had it for nearly two years now. I think it's time to accept I need it to be surgically removed.

It is the thickest oil I have ever seen. While I was dealing with my chalazion, I got a mild infection on my belly button. I applied castor oil on that area for 4-5 days in a row and it's completely gone. In the meantime I tried to put it on my face in replace of rose hip oil just to see how it goes, put 2-3 drops on a cotton wiped my face with it, then another 2-3 drops because it's too thick it goes away after wiping just one cheek. Wow. It made me skin get super soft. More than rose hip oil does. I have had a stubborn cystic acne scar on my chin for more than a month, in just 24 hours I noticed it started to disappear. Although it is a thick oil, it surprisingly did not make me break out on my oily tzone, nor the next day that area was oilier. I'm not thinking about using it every day but so far it has been an excellent once a week treatment.

on 3/26/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

A little background info:
I have always had a lash obsession, and wasn't happy w/ my natural lashes (which in retrospect weren't really that bad) so I started using individual eyelashes back in 05. LOVED the results, but (unbeknownst at the time) the glue is absolute *murder* on natural lashes. After wearing them daily for a few months, I realized it was either continue applying or look like an alien until they grew back, which evidently can take up to 2 years! I stupidly stuck to applying the lashes. Fast forward (and simultaneously rewind) to September '14. I decided that, although the results of the indies looked great, I was ready for my real lashes because of the high maintenance routine they demanded . Enter castor oil. I knew that many lash serums and growth mascaras (Rimmel Volume Accelerator being one of them) contain castor oil as an ingredient. While I am ridiculously obsessed w/ mascara (seriously - for a while I felt like I was cheating on my husband w/ Ulta, making secret mascara purchases, hiding them in my "junk makeup" bag & lying to him about it - I later felt guilty and came clean, much to his amusement) I decided to skip the mascara middle man and try castor oil. Totally glad I did. I found some cold pressed, hexane free on Ebay (15 ml/.5oz) for $2.98 and started using it every night before bed. To be fair, and clear: I have a whole routine I diligently go through every night that involves not only castor oil, but unrefined coconut oil and straight vitamin e oil as well on my lashes. I do only use castor oil on my brows but I'll get to that later. Anyway, after doing what I call extensive research and my husband (affectionately) calls stalking, I discovered that not only can/does castor, coconut & vitamin e oils work wonders for lashes, so can/do essential oils which we've been into for about 2 years now and already had on hand. Anyway, here's what I do each night:
I add a few drops each of lavender, rosemary, cedarwood and tea tree oil to every new bottle of nighttime facial cleanser (lavender, peppermint and tea tree to my separate morning cleanser, as all of these help with hair growth, as well as redness and the Exxon Valdez oil slick my face seems to mass produce) and cleanse my face, neck, and GENTLY my lashes to remove makeup and kill the little mites that thrive on our lash follicles & hinder growth (ewwww!), and let it sit for a few mins. No, it does not sting my eyes, however I don't have sensitive eyes to begin w/. Rinse. Then I use coconut oil to remove any residual makeup and condition my lashes. I then apply castor/vit e oil (1:1 ratio) on my lash line/lash roots with a clean, soft lip brush (e.l.f. $1) then brush my lashes with a fluffy clean mascara wand, wiggling at the base to stimulate roots, then sweep from root to tip to coat each lash. Within the first few months, I noticed my lashes had tripled in thickness (I literally have multiple layers of lash growth on my lash line), the gaps have filled in, and I have had NO breakage whatsoever. I probably lose ohhh, 2-3 lashes per MONTH as opposed to daily lash loss after I stopped applying individuals & before the daily regimen started kicking in. (I noticed decent improvement in about 4 weeks, husband noticed in about 10-12 weeks). My lashes are glossy, *much* thicker (not craaaazy thick, but these things take time) and definitely longer, touching the bottoms of my severely over tweezed, pathetic brows (again, I'll get to them in a bit) and the gaps are filled in BEAUTIFULLY. In fact, recently (roughly a month ago) while bending down to light a "smoke", I managed to singe the tips of my lashes on the outer corner of my left eye, resulting in some sort of weird mini lash look, compared to the rest of my left eye, which was unscathed. It was just so freaking awkward looking, so much that I had to use the Younique 3D fiber mascara my sister got me for my birthday, on the tips of my mini lashes only, and I generally can't stand that stuff. But my lashes were in a state of emergency and I wanted them to appear even. Anyway, doing my daily lash care routine literally grew them back to regular length in no time. Like, I can't even tell now that they were stubby only a short time ago. Now, for the castor oil/brow part. I only use castor oil on my brows. I use another clean wand to apply castor oil thickly on my brows, rubbing in and gently brushing to stimulate follicles and coat brows which have been over plucked and barren for years. I wish I would've taken pics! New hairs are sprouting daily, and although I've stopped plucking the inner hairs since I want them thicker, I still "maintenance pluck" outer hairs from my arch down my brow tail because the brows are filling in quite nicely. I just started using castor oil nightly on my brows about 2 months ago, because I never really thought to do it before. I should've done this YEARS ago, as I too am a victim of the aforementioned 90's/early 2000's thinly plucked, penciled in brows. I also add about 2 ml castor oil to my EVOO/coconut hot oil hair treatment and around my hair line and it works wonders in strength and shine. I will continue to use cold pressed castor on lashes for now, but have seen youtubers using plain old Rexall brand from the laxative aisle. I bought a small bottle of it, and if it doesn't break my brows out & I have decent results like them, I'll just use that instead of ordering online. Will update results. *Btw, ricin is ONLY present when whole castor beans are ground up, as it is found inside the bean. Store bought castor oil is RICIN FREE, because of the process they use to make it a consumable/usable product. So please don't take to heart what the others have said about ricin. Yes, it is toxic. No, it absolutely isn't present in ANY brand of castor oil.
˜Update˜4/14/16 - it has only been about 19 days since I've tried Rexall castor oil (Dollar General $1.50 USD for 30ml/1 fl oz and I have had GREAT results! No breakouts, just gro

on 1/29/2016 10:04:00 AM

I have extremely sensitive skin and will get flesh-coloured bumps all over my face from bathing in certain town water, that has a lot of additives and chlorine. Castor oil keeps the skin under the eyes from getting darker, and helps keep wrinkles at bay and maintained. I use the Home Health brand and it's great. It's a very thick oil, but it still works well for hydrating skin under the eyes. I also add it to my body lotion. If I use it on my face other than under my eyes, I have a tendency to break out, so I just don't use it on my face, but that doesn't take away from how well it works as an under-eye moisturizer and anti-aging tool.

on 6/30/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for my sparse eyebrows for over a month and I see a difference but it doesn't seem very significant. I have stopped plucking except the necessary stray hairs here and there. I've quit trying to sculpt them while I use this. My brows are sparse with scarring FYI. The scars won't fill in but I do see some hair growth in the sparse parts. I don't think this is something that will give instant result, so just be aware of that. Maybe after a few more months maybe I'll have the desired results, fingers crossed.
Also, this is not like other oils, this is thick and sticky. Which is good because it doesn't run down my face. IF you want to use this for hair please get the PURE or UNREFINED. And also, COLD PRESSED.
11/2/15 UPDATE: Not much improvement, brows still looks about the same..... I guess I'll just have to accept that I will never have full brows

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a review for Now Foods Castor Oil.

I decided to try this oil after reading a lot of reviews from all over the web.

I wanted to try this for my hair cos my hair is in a bad state from the multiple chemical abuse I've put thru it. My hair is very dry and I think it has stopped growing. It's currently around my upper waist and I've been on biotin for the last 2 yrs and a yr of l-cystein and I suppose it has plateau off. I also trim my hair every 6mths.

The consistency is thick and sticky. I've used it for abt a week. I use 2 drops on my thick toweled dried hair ( I don't think it's thick, but my hairdresser said I have thick hair) after i shampooed and conditioned. When I go to bed, it's still slightly wet but when i comb out in the morning, it's all absorbed and my hair looks healthy and has a healthy shine to it.

I've tried it as a hair mask twice, by oiling the scalp with only castor oil and left it on for 4-6hrs. I noticed I shed a lot more after shampooing it off when I oil my scalp.

The next day when I shampoo my hair, I noticed I didn't shed as much. Maybe 10 strands? When I brush my hair after the wash and also the next day, i find significantly less hair shed on the brush.

The second time I mixed it with sunflower oil 1:1. I noticed a lot of shedding too and next day I didn't find any reduction of hair fall from the other days.

I also use this as a nighttime oil on my face.

I'm 36 but I look like I'm probably 25-28yrs old. I have a good skincare routine and I've tried many kinds of oils on my face (clarins' orchidee oil and lotus oil, Sisley's black rise oil, Argan oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, etc). All of them broke me out but castor oil did not. I used 3drops on my face at night on top on the existing creams I use and leave it to be absorbed. When I wake up in the morning my face is well moisturized and nourished. The fine lines under my eyes and the dehydration lines that are starting to show are also more plumped up.

I've not seen any increased in density or length in my lashes or eyebrows yet since it's just been a week but the castor oil didn't give me any problems when I use them around my eyes.

Popular Brows Products