Filtered by age: 19-24

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 12/9/2017 12:49:00 PM

It's amazing to see the results so quickly. What I did was to mix two capsules of Vitamin E, a teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel extracted directly from the plant, and two teaspoons of Castor Oil. I applied the mixture with a clean eyeliner brush on my top and bottom lashes, as well as my eyebrows every night before bed. In three weeks my eyelashes were noticeably longer and it helped the growth the parts of my eyebrows that never used to grow. The only downside of the treatment is; it makes my eyes hurt a little when I wake up in the morning but the pain quickly goes away when I wash my eyes. I'll definitely continue using it.

on 8/20/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this when I first started having TSW, it did not absorb into my skin easily and hardly provided relief

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have only been using this for a week so I feel like I may be writing this a bit prematurely, BUT. Wow. I can see such a difference already! I use it for brows and lashes. I was another victim of the thin eyebrow trend and have pretty pathetic patchy brows. I slather this on at night and massage it in. The sparse areas are filling in already! Im kind of dumbfounded as to how quickly this seems to be working for me. My eyelashes have been tortured with extensions on and off for the past 5 years. Sometimes I like to have a break and wear mascara. My lashes are blonde, thin and short. But holy crap. they seem mm's longer already. It's almost as if my brows and lashes have been screaming out for nutrition and have sucked it up like a dehydrated plant. I will do an update in a month or so and maybe upload pics! Side note: I also use this as a lup balm at night, its sooo moisturising. And under my eyes to try and nourish the dark circles. Such an awesome product!

on 2/17/2017 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As another review said, this oil did a great job making my eyebrows fuller, but it also broke me out. I started out applying it at night and sleeping on it. After a week I noticed about 4 pimples and even a large painful bump on my brows. I gave it up but wanted to give it another try when my brows cleared up, and this time only leaving it on for about 2-3 hours. I've been doing this for about 2 weeks and unfortunately once again I've developed a painful bump on my brow. Maybe it's just coincidence that I'm developing breakouts there (since I'm acne-prone), but based on what those other reviewers said, I'm going to have to pass this one.

on 2/11/2017 7:37:00 PM

Castor oil has been AMAZING for me. I started using it for acne, and it's great for so much more than that. About 5 months ago I suddenly started getting cystic acne, which I haven't had a lot of, despite my acne-prone skin. I got like three or four big ones in a month, and not only were they impossible to cover with makeup, but they hurt SO bad. So, after a bit of research, I came upon castor oil. I started using it, very lightly (it's very thick) on my face a few times a week, and I was very happy with the results. Not only did my cystic acne start shrinking, but the rest of my face was practically glowing! I continued to use it even after my acne went away, and I'm so happy I did, because my skin is sooo smooth and soft now. I can't recommend it enough! But, be sure to not use too much! Like I said, it's thick. I only use a small amount, and rub it in circles all over my face. Also, you can find it really cheap! I got a bottle of it for only 6 dollars, and 5 months later I have used less than half of it. It also doesn't have too much of a smell, kinda just smells faintly of oil. It also might take around 10 mins to fully absord, so don't be shocked if your face looks kinda oily for that amount of time. But after that, it's all gone! Give it a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Bottom line: this helps with hair growth, but breaks me out badly.

I have extremely sensitive skin, so I have to be extremely careful with any new product. This does not irritate my skin, but does clog my pores if that makes sense. It took a few days to notice this was causing issues because of it.

I used this after cleansing and before my serums/moisturizers only at night. I used this only on my brows and lashes in hopes it would encourage hair growth.

It is extremely thick which nicely coats the brows/lashes. After nearly two weeks of use, it has definitely encouraged growth. There are a few sections of my brows that refused to grow in thanks to regular threading and plucking, those spots have started to fill in. It does not take long for it to help brows and lashes grow thicker and longer.

As I said above, it is extremely thick and after a few days I noticed pimples in my brows and little white bumps along my lash line. Unfortunately, this oil clogs my pores and so I will not continue using.

IF you aren't as sensitive and acne-prone, try this out. It definitely produces results.

Coconut oil is raged about too much. coconut oil is NOT non comedogenic and will clog every pore in your body. I have no idea what the beauty hype is about with coconut oil. Castor oil is the best! My review is different, I use castor oil as a primer and my foundation stays on forever. I tried every primer on the market to get my foundation to stay put, researched every page on the internet and my makeup would never stay. Changed my skin care (I'm combo, went from skincare to treat oily skin to skincare for hydration) and it was still the same outcome of makeup disappearing. forget how I stumbled across castor oil but tried it and will never ever use a different primer again! I initially started using with the growth of my eyelashes after I removed my extensions and have stopped applying to my lashes now they have grown back. I now use castor oil on my face under foundation (I use Estée Lauder double wear) and I slather, and I mean SLATHER it on under my eyes, top of my eye socket and on the side of my eye to prevent wrinkles forming (I'm 22). This is only for when I'm going to bed. ALSO ITS THE BEST UNDER CONCEALER I have some under eye fine lines BUT NO CREASES WHEN I USE CASTOR OIL! I LOVE U CASTOR OIL!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

When i was growing my natural hair out, made my hair strands so thick and healthy. I use this stuff on my eyebrows to help grow them out as well as my eyelashes using an old mascara brush that;s been washed out. I prefer Jamaican Black castor oil. Despise the sunny isle brand. Love this stuff. smells terrible tho :(

on 8/23/2016 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Alright so avoiding profanities will be hard for me here because I got a lot to say. If you want my simple SFW review, I'll list the pros/cons at the end for you.

For some background: I had no intention of buying some fancy ass organic ass expensive ass oil for my eyebrows. So I bought Meijer brand Castor Oil, in the laxative aisle. It was cheap (like $3?) for a huge ass bottle and lawd I have been blessed.
Have you ever suffered through the disappointment of growing out your eyebrows for almost a full year after a horrific threading session? Have you had to rebuild your trust in others, your confidence, your faith in humanity because a little lady at the mall turned your foreign baddie eyebrows into stripper brows?
If this is you, you need castor oil. This made my eyebrows grow so quickly. I've had a series of bad eyebrow wax/thread/removal and my eyebrow hair growth has been slowing down. I was afraid my eyebrows would never be as thick as they once were (to be entirely honest, they're still not there yet). My eyebrows are getting back to where they were and I am so happy. I'm still gonna continue using this because it really makes a difference.
Just a word to the wise, don't be heavy handed with this!! I applied this at night and it definitely broke me out a little because my eyebrows were way too saturated.

PROS:
- thicker, fuller eyebrow
- it works

CONS:
- too much can break you out

on 7/2/2016 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just want to start off by saying nothing works overnight. GIVE IT TIME!!!! Everyone knows about the benefits of this wonderful oil for eyebrow/eyelash growth. However, i wanted to rave about how it has significantly improved my under eye circles! Im only 22 but ever since i was in highschool my under eye circles have been out of control; and i find it ages me terribly... Nevertheless this has been the only product that has actually worked on reducing them! I could never truly conceal them with makeup and now I don't necessarly have to. I am extremely happy with the results. Lastly, i know many are unhappy with the price.. But I have been using the same bottle and im going on year two. I suggest everyone give castor oil a chance!

Popular Brows Products