Filtered by age: 18 & Under

4.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 9/22/2017 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Gold Cross Castor Oil is amazing at a great cheap price! Works wonders for hair growth (eyebrows, lashes, etc.) The areas once sparse in my eyebrows, especially the outer ends, now have hair and my brows are fuller in general. Lashes also look longer and the results were noticeable in just days, although I've been using it for a while now. My babyhairs are also more tamed and fuller as I apply it there too. Doesn't break me out, however I still try and avoid putting it directly on my skin too much or on any active acne. I'm not sure what castor oil does for skin or about any other brand, but Gold Cross 10/10 works and I recommend it for hair growth.

on 3/12/2017 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used castor oil on my brows and my lashes. Didn't see any small bottle being sold so I had to buy a bigger bottle. I used this from time to time, not regularly, maybe once or twice a week. I transferred a bit of product into a travel container so the dead skin on the spoolie used to apply the product wouldn't end up in the big bottle.

Pros:
- works
- not expensive

Cons:
- smells nasty
- doesn't come in smaller sizes so you have to buy a lot more than you need, and there will no doubt be a lot of waste when it expires
- the texture is unpleasant (like thicker vegetable oil)
- kind of hard to remove (I first tried using my Cetaphil cleanser but it wouldn't remove everything. I now use my wonder pore toner and it works)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this every night on my eyebrows and eyelashes and I have seen a great improvement in length and thickness. I see a few people have a problem with the oil going in their eyes (it doesn't cause any damage, it just gives you temporary blurry vision), but i just apply a little to the tips of my lashes and this is enough to coat you lashes because it will slowly slide over the rest of you lashes as you sleep, so you don't end up with too much excess. If it does go in your eyes don't worry just wash it out, but if you don't wash it out it soon clears up in a few hours anyway. I also use a little bit on my brows during the day to keep them in place if I haven't filled in my eyebrows, only a little bit so it doesn't look shiny. During the winter when I get dry skin around my nose, I just dab a little bit on dry patches in the morning and at night to stop my skin from becoming flaky (it hasn't caused any spots for me when I do this).

on 1/21/2016 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use this on my eyelashes because they are already incredibly long, they reach my eyebrows when I look down. But I do use it on my eyebrows and on my hair and feet.

I used to have thick eyebrows but one day I went to get them shaped and the lady who normally does my brows wasn't there and this other lady completely waxed off my brows from the arch onward, and the hair never grew back again. I found out about castor oil 6 months back and after using it continuously on my brows, night and day my arch has finally begun to come back, it hasn't grown fully (length) but it is now way thicker than it was before it got waxed off.

As for my hair, after I turned 15 my hair started falling out quite a lot, it got me scared as I thought I was balding, so I started using shampoos and conditioners designed to help stop hair fall, it did improve slightly. I also would never go for haircuts cause just trying to grow my hair an inch would take months. But when I discovered castor oil, I thought if it helps hair growth it will definitely help reduce my hair loss. I have been using castor oil mixed with virgin coconut oil as castor alone is incredibly thick and is a nightmare to wash out. I use it once or twice a week and I have noticed that my hair loss has reduced dramatically and my hair has grown 3 inches longer in just a month, which was a huge shocker to me.

Not only is it great for hair growth but I use it on my feet as it is a thick oil it penetrates the dry skin there amazingly, really, you can use it on anywhere that you might have very dry skin, say the back of your elbows etc, but don't use it on your face as it might make you grow more facial hair.

I bought a bottle of this at a hair stall about a year ago and have been using it nearly everynight since. I like to use it on a Q-tip on my eyelashes after removing my makeup as I find it takes off any excess mascara or eyeliner very well.

However, I also noticed that my eyelashes have definitely been healthier, stronger and longer since beginning using it. I've used a couple of cheap eyelash growth serums in the past that have done nothing for me so it's great to have found something equally as inexpensive but actually effective. I still have about 1/4 of a bottle left after a year too so it lasts a long time.

The one thing I would say is be careful getting this on your skin as I'm pretty sure it's been the cause of a couple of breakouts when I have accidentally done this. Because of this I wouldn't use it on my eyebrows as I think it would break me out a lot.

I tried this on my lashes and brows. It made my eyes extremely puffy so I had to stop using it on my eyelashes. For brows it worked miracles! Literally after using this for a few days I noticed new brow hairs growing. Sad thing it made my eyes puffy coz I bet this would have worked miracles for my lashes too..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

You get your bang for your buck! Not only is this a great eyelash and eyebrow growth serum, but it works as an amazing oil cleansing method and makeup remover. I use this every day (1:1 ratio with coconut oil) as a makeup remover, and it brings everything out of the pores and dissolves all the makeup to wipe off very easily. I also used this for my Oil Cleansing Method, when my skin was going through some turmoil from trying out new products. I mixed it 1:1 with coconut oil, massaged it into my skin (removed makeup first) for about 2 minutes, then I got a damp hot cloth and placed it on my face (left the cloth on until it cooled down), then I wiped the cloth over my face to get the remaining oil off. I WAS AMAZED! Some very stubborn, painful acne had fiiiinally come to a head and were ready for extraction. i went in to pop one and two came out at once that were not even visible before! Definitely purged my skin fast and effectively; no waiting a few weeks for the purge to go down. My pores felt so clean without the dried out feeling, and my skin felt properly hydrated which is necessary for any skin type. If you're scared of putting oil on your skin because you have oily skin like myself, don't be! This is the one oil to try that is actually somewhat drying (if not mixed with another oil). Definitely worth the money for the awesome eyebrow and eyelash growth as well!!

on 6/24/2015 12:26:00 AM

In all honesty, maybe overtime and excessive use of this oil will contribute a noticable outcome, but as for me using it religiously on my hair for months as masks, I cannot say I see a difference. I don't want to be a buzzkill but I suggest that if go through a commitment like this, purchase something that will guarantee success for your hair. Hope this helps.

on 6/19/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I read so much on the internet about this oil and I can say : It really helped me to thick and grow my eyelashes.
I simply use an old washed out mascara and apply the oil on my eyelashes every night before I go to bed.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just say I over plucked my brows and at one point shaved them off. Castor Oil SAVED them! I also apply this to my lashed and oh man, who needs false lashes? Will always repurchase!

Popular Brows Products