bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.8

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been a MUA member since 2003, and it takes a lot for me to write a review.I love the powder form of this mostly unscented cleanser. I like to form a paste first and exfoliate my face, then I add a little water to bubble it up, then rinse. Or sometimes I use a washcloth to take it off. I am a skincare junkie, and I have to say this is the BEST facial cleanser I have used. I honestly noticed a difference after 1 use, I swear! I have fairly normal skin w an occasional monthly pimple, oily t-zone but dry-ish cheeks. This leaves my skin so polished and balanced feeling. Its really unbelievable! Will definitely keep buying! I am a huge fan of all Rare minerals. The face moisturizer is divine too as is the eye cream. Please give it a try!!

I wanted to love this product. My skin seemed to like it, because the redness I usually have improved greatly and it cleaned my skin well. Sadly, I experienced a breakout of blackheads so I discontinued use. If it weren't for those, I would still be using this today. My skin looked quite healthy while using it, so I'm sad to have had to stop using it. I would suggest giving it a try, though, to see if it works for you.

i really like that you can determine how much this product exfoliates your skin by varying the amount of the actual powder vs water, i think that's really neat and it's awesome for people who don't want more than one product for their face. neat two in one kind of deal.

however, i do not like that this product smells like baby formula. it also broke me out in cystic acne, which i was very upset about because i do love the product itself, scent aside.

i'm also not a huge fan of the bottle, it was difficult for me to get the right amount out into my hand. i don't really have any suggestions, but there must be a better way.

last but not least, as much as i personally like the mixing powder/water deal, it is kind of time consuming and i can see how others would think of it as a hassle.

Just bought this yesterday after considering it for quite sometime. I love it. Personally, I hate creamy or gel cleansers, they leave me "squeaky" clean and it kills my skin. I love that it has just a bit of exfoliation to it and it's pretty easy to use. (I'm used to LUSH AOBS). I'm hoping it will help with calming my skin down from using some wrong product. If it continues to perform well I'll definately buy again.
And the price point isn't horrible. Any medi-spa cleansers are much more expensive.

I love everything about this cleanser. . . well, except maybe the price. But I'd still buy it again. I've been using it for over a month, and the novelty of the powder-shaker design hasn't worn off yet! And I love the smell; to me, it's almost like the cherry-almond scent of the old Jergens lotion. Very clean. The cleanser provides just enough exfoliation for everyday use, and I find that my cheeks are much less red than they are when I use, say, apricot scrub for exfoliation. No residue whatsoever when you rinse it off--and it rinses off extremely easily. Can't say enough good things about it.

I placed an advance order on this on QVC, and anxiously anticipated its arrival. Once I had it, I tried to like it, but I hated what a mess it made my bathroom sink, and couldn't stand the smell (a cross between dirt and rotten eggs). But what really made me decide to just give up on it was that it didn't remove all of my makeup, regardless of how much I used each time. Even when I switched to using it first thing in the morning in the shower, I felt it dried my skin out (not to mention that the smell was a bit much to handle first thing in the morning).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of the RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser from Sephora.com. I was completely suprised that this was a powder and I first thought that I wouldn't like it at all. But after one use I was hooked. All you need is a small amount of product and a VERY small amount of water to creat a great lather for your face. The cleanser has a herbal smell to it which I love. The best part is when you dry your face. I have never felt my skin so smooth. This product has significantly cleared up my face and my pores have seem to shrink. I can't rave enough about this product and I suggest that if you are looking for a HG cleanser that you give this a try. It has now replaced my Philosophy cleanser. The full size bottle may seem expensive but I have had it for over 2 months and it still looks almost full. Give this a try and you will not be disappointed.

I am so glad I discovered/spent the money on this product!

I bought it as I came across it in a magazine article, which had stated that it's TSA-friendly. Meaning it won't get confiscated from your carry on, as it's a powder, rather than a liquid.

So basically, you mix it with water to form a 'lather" (as the directions say), and wash face as usual.

Don't expect a traditional. soapy lather from this product. In fact, all the complaints about water-to-product ratio I am seeing in the reviews are probably due to this. Basically, I wet my hands and face, dispense about five shakes into my hands do it this way, as you would a salt shaker-- absolutely no mess this way, no wasted product), rub my hands together in a circular motion (there is a slight lather), and then I rub on. I always repeat this step a second time. I usually let it sit a few moments before I rinse it off.

Using that method ensures I get plenty of it on my face.

I like the packaging-- it's shaker-like top makes it easy to dispense the correct amount of product into the hand. Easy open, easy close, as well.

The smell is odd... it's very earthy, very mineral-like. I can't think of what it reminds me of. Clay (well, kaolin is one of the ingredients). I was taken back by it the first time I used it, but now I'm used to it. I suppose it's better than something that's laden with synthetic ingredients and fragrances.

I have normal to dry skin and don't have any issues with this overdrying my skin. I sort of did the first time, but my skin adjusted to it after a couple of uses and now I couldn't ask for a better cleanser. My hard-to-please skin comes out soft, radiant and refreshed feeling.

It doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but that's okay for me. I have a certain product I use for that, and continue to do so.

I initially bought this for travel purposes only, as I am a frequent international traveller. I liked it so much, I decided this is going to be something I will cleanse my face with from now on-- just not exclusively for travel.

This DOES take some getting used to. I'm sure some folks will have trouble trying to suss out how to use it in the beginning. It's well worth the trouble.

It's a bit strange that the price of this item is $26-- really steep for a facial cleanser. However, this is $26 that I don't feel guilty about spending. Regardless of that, I do wish that the price was lower. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my bottle and have had it about two weeks.

I really liked this product. I have combination skin and break out maybe once a month or so. I have been using pro-active for more that 3 years and decided i need to try something else, it's really gotten too commercial for what it is (not to mention so expensive). I purchased this because of the advice of a sales associate and because of the fact that i use BE foundation for my sensitive skin. I love this face wash! I actually like the smell, its natural and not overwhelming for me. The right mix of a little water and powder makes for a foamy and cashmere soft feeling on your face. Afterwards my face feels clean and soft. It does not dry my face or make it feel tight like all the other cleansers i have used. It makes me want to wash my face!

update: after my first post i have been using this for a couple of weeks and it has not improved my face at all. i use it 2 times a day and have seen no change in my face or any pimples. in fact i am breaking out more than i have in a long time. i am going to stop using it and go back to my old skincare system. sorry but this does not do anything. waste of time and money.

I like this! It leaves my combination skin nice and soft, and without any breakouts. It cleanses while gently exfoliating. I am NOT a fan of the BE foundation, so I was hesitant to try this. But the woman who suggested it to me had such lovely skin, I had to give it a go. I just wish it were cheaper!