bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.9

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

LOVE THIS! it is now called bare minerals exfoliating treatment cleanser. same formula as the rare minerals renew and reveal just a diff name and new packaging. this is probably the best cleanser i've ever used. i have combo skin (somewhat oily t-zone, dry everywhere else), and this stuff is just amazing. it also takes off ALL makeup (including eye makeup) and my skin doesn't feel tight and dry when i'm done cleansing. it's $26 which is kinda steep but since it's a powder, it will last a long while. LOVE IT!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this cleanser! I have super sensitive, acne prone skin, and for me, this is a good light, nonirritating cleanser. I mainly use this in the morning just to rinse off any oil that accumulated overnight, and since it's so light and gentle, it's perfect for just that. I also love that it doesn't contain any harsh detergents or chemicals; it is effective without stripping your skin and is never irritating or causes me to break out. I wouldn't consider this a deep cleaning cleanser at all though, so I wouldn't count on it for removing make up, but for when you're skin is already mostly clean, it's great. At first the consistency may seem kind of weird since it is a powder. I dispense about a teaspoon or less into my palm and mix in one or two drops of water to get a milky consistency. But since it is a powder made of kaolin and contains oatmeal, I find it does gently exfoliate without being at all abrasive while still soothing the skin. I completely recommend this to sensitive skin types who can't tolerate manual exfoliation and chemicals since it's so gentle while being effective. This cleanser's only flaw is it's price... so expensive!! (for me at least). Luckily, I only use it once a day and such a small amount, so it does last me a few months. Since I can't find a cheaper alternative and this does all that I want it to do for my skin type, I will most definitely repurchase. Love this stuff...!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

1st Day using----maybe my mind will change after more uses
Recommend for someone who dosn't wear much makeup or for washing face in the morning.
Pros:
-Skin seems to have a little glow
-it's in powder form
-face feels clean
-didnt make my face red or itchy or burn
-seems healthy b/c its mostly minerals

Cons
-smell way to strong
-Too expensive
-Did not feel like a deep clean--do not
-do not think it removes makeup(its just an exfoliator i think)

All in all just go buy a scrub instead

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The mua at bare escentuals told me the purpose of this product is to remove dead skin cells and brighten your face. She tested it on my right hand and showed me how after using it my right hand looked golden and bright as supposed to my left had which looked dull. Then she applied a lil bit of moisturizer to show me how now that the dead skin cells were gone my skin soaked up the lotion real fast. then she put lotion on my left hand and tried rubbin it in but most of the lotion still sat on top so she had to just wipe it off.

I was sold. She told me for the first week of using this just to wet my face and apply the dry powder directly to my face and rub it in so that the texture would be more grainy. Then she showed me how to use the product after a week of using it dry by wetting one of those round cotton pads then putting some of the product on it and wetting it again so it can turn into paste and just massaging it onto my skin.

Although using this product doesnt feel like im doing anything heavy duty like my apricot scrub, i still see the difference of my facing looking more brighter and it is definitely much softer. And it doesnt hurt that i love how this product smells.

Side note: when i have heavier makeup on, i use makeup wipes first to get the makeup off and then use this cleanser afterwards.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample pack of this at sephora, and i was really interested in trying it since it was a powder cleanser, which i had never heard of before. The first time i used it i used it when my face had nothing on it, and it worked as a good gentle exfoliator but the second time i used it i had a full face of make up on and it didn't do anything to cleanse it. especially the eye make up.

PROS:
-works good as a gentle exfoliator on already clean face.
-kinda smells good.

CONS:
-doesn't remove make up or get face clean if you already have make up on
-no lather

So im not really sure why this is a cleanser, cause it should just be sold as an exfoliator.

My darling care package buddy sent me the deluxe sample size of this product. I was definitely intrigued . . . cleansing powder for the face that you moisten in order to activate. Sound a bit gimmicky no? But Iíve been using my deluxe sample in the shower for weeks now. As the product suggests, I dump a small amount onto my damp hands, work out a slight lather, and then firmly scrub about my face. I feel like this simulates a slight ďscrubbingĒ quality, which my combination skin can surely appreciate, but the product instantly disintegrates into a cleansing paste so it feels like any other face wash.

Okay confession Ė I am not very picky at all when it comes to cleansing products. I do not notice the minute differences different products impart. Or maybe theyíre all the same anyway (no way, really???). My skin is by default, combination, bordering normal since Iím finally in my late twenties (donít miss you teenage years, really). So regularly using this product hasnít really affected my skin one away or another. It does an okay job of removing residual make-up, but itís no stunner in that department.
So basically I donít hate this product, I will be using it until I deplete it, but itís nothing great at all. I would not recommend to my friends or repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I received this as a sample from my favorite eBay seller, and I just tried it tonight for the first time. I know it's very, very early to write a review, so I will update as I go along Ė but WOW. That's all I can say right now. (keeping my fingers crossed I won't be jinxing myself:)
I did exactly as it says on the back: I wet my face, wet my hands, poured out half of the amount from the sachet, rubbed my hands together. At first I thought I'd need more water than that, but surprisingly it turned into a perfectly creamy and smooth paste. I applied it to my face in gentle circular motions and then rinsed it off carefully.
I have been looking for a good, natural cleanser for a very long time. One that doesn't contain harmful ingredients yet manages to get all my (mineral) makeup off. Most cleansing creams have disappointed me so far. Even though I don't use tons of makeup, I still often have to do it in two steps. First some jojoba oil, then cleanser. Sometimes that still wouldn't do it.
This miracle of a cleanser took it all off! I'm not kidding. I was left with baby soft, perfectly clean skin that didn't feel tight at all. Another bonus is that it didn't make my face turn red, as a lot of cleansers do. My skin was totally calm, no redness whatsoever.
I'm so impressed with this!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is awful. Not easy to work with and doesn't lather much. Doesn't remove makeup and doesn't feel like it removes everyhing from my face. Gave this away.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

yes the powder is difficult to work with-too much water, not enough water, etc. but i have to say, this stuff really has been great for my skin! i use it every morning (as i dont think its that tough enough to remove makeup) and it leaves my face feeling fresh, clean and NOT tight. that is why i love this cleanser-its strong enough to cleanse but gentle enough to leave my skin balanced. my face looks brighter, smoother and i have not broken out. i have very acne prone skin. practically every product on the market makes me break out. this has been a good purchase for me. :) will buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am a long time user of this site who rarely writes a review but I wanted to share my experience to assist others. I have sensitive, acne prone skin. I used this cleanser for 1 week and I loved the results. Shortly thereafter I began experiencing the worst bout of cystic acne...ever. I refused to believe it was a result of this product but when I stopped using it, the acne healed. I should note that although I am acne prone, I never had cystic acne before using this product. I returned it to sephora and told them what happened and the salesperson apologized profusely. I felt she had heard similar stories about this product. Btw, I bought clinique's liquid facial soap in its place and my skin has been calm ever since. Edit : I forgot to mention a scary episode I had when using this cleanser. One time after washing with this I felt something in my eye. I looked in the mirror and there was a piece of this cleanser stuck to my eye. I did everything I could think of to remove it and nothing worked- even flushing profusely with water. Luckily I found visene and that finally dislodged it ...but let me tell you that really scared me. Please be careful if you dare use this cleanser.