bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been a MUA member since 2003, and it takes a lot for me to write a review.I love the powder form of this mostly unscented cleanser. I like to form a paste first and exfoliate my face, then I add a little water to bubble it up, then rinse. Or sometimes I use a washcloth to take it off. I am a skincare junkie, and I have to say this is the BEST facial cleanser I have used. I honestly noticed a difference after 1 use, I swear! I have fairly normal skin w an occasional monthly pimple, oily t-zone but dry-ish cheeks. This leaves my skin so polished and balanced feeling. Its really unbelievable! Will definitely keep buying! I am a huge fan of all Rare minerals. The face moisturizer is divine too as is the eye cream. Please give it a try!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this cleanser! I have super sensitive, acne prone skin, and for me, this is a good light, nonirritating cleanser. I mainly use this in the morning just to rinse off any oil that accumulated overnight, and since it's so light and gentle, it's perfect for just that. I also love that it doesn't contain any harsh detergents or chemicals; it is effective without stripping your skin and is never irritating or causes me to break out. I wouldn't consider this a deep cleaning cleanser at all though, so I wouldn't count on it for removing make up, but for when you're skin is already mostly clean, it's great. At first the consistency may seem kind of weird since it is a powder. I dispense about a teaspoon or less into my palm and mix in one or two drops of water to get a milky consistency. But since it is a powder made of kaolin and contains oatmeal, I find it does gently exfoliate without being at all abrasive while still soothing the skin. I completely recommend this to sensitive skin types who can't tolerate manual exfoliation and chemicals since it's so gentle while being effective. This cleanser's only flaw is it's price... so expensive!! (for me at least). Luckily, I only use it once a day and such a small amount, so it does last me a few months. Since I can't find a cheaper alternative and this does all that I want it to do for my skin type, I will most definitely repurchase. Love this stuff...!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a product I wanted to love but it is just to hard. I do not want to have to put alot of thought into cleansing but this does just that. I never know exactly how much to use. I either use to much or not enough. It does not do a very good job at cleansing but does a so-so job at exfoliating. Definitely would not repurchase. I need something a little more simple at the end of the day when washing my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh BM how I love thee.... I tried to stray from you, but it ended up being a disaster! Please forgive me!!!

I have combination/acne prone skin and need some exfoliation without stripping my skin too harshly since my skin is very sensitive and will turn really red very easily. This product is PERFECT for every day use for me and I do not have to use a separate product to exfoliate.

The only thing is that you MUST make sure it's rinsed off of your skin very well (just rub circular motions on your face to ensure the fine product rinses all out) otherwise you'll be left feeling slightly dry. If you make sure to rinse it off very well your skin will almost feel perfectly moisturized, but of course a separate moisturizer is recommended.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

yes the powder is difficult to work with-too much water, not enough water, etc. but i have to say, this stuff really has been great for my skin! i use it every morning (as i dont think its that tough enough to remove makeup) and it leaves my face feeling fresh, clean and NOT tight. that is why i love this cleanser-its strong enough to cleanse but gentle enough to leave my skin balanced. my face looks brighter, smoother and i have not broken out. i have very acne prone skin. practically every product on the market makes me break out. this has been a good purchase for me. :) will buy again!

A friend at work told me about this cleanser because she knew I liked their makeup. I purchased it at Sephora, and the SA just raved about it. I used it that night, and wasn't impressed. The first thing was the smell, it made me gag. I agree it's hard to adjust the right amount of power to water. And worst of all it didn't remove all my makeup. It's going back to Sephora.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is, without a doubt, my HG cleanser. It cleans deeply with minimal irritation. I get all the smoothness of a more severe exfoliant, but without all the pore-shredding side effects. I use it twice a day with the Burts Bees Radiance Serum--two products? That's a record low! (i'm a product addict). My skin is clean, supple and infinitely less broken out than ever before. I'll be purchasing it forevs.

EDIT: Well, a self-professed product addict indeed. I had to stop purchasing this cleanser because of its cost and switched to the Cetaphil bar. And lo, behold, my skin looks the same. Bummer! I really thought the sandy bits were doing me a favor. Nay, not for realsies.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I do not know why others do not like this cleanser. I think it works beautifully. I am a La Roche-Posay girl mostly, especially with their Effaclar line since I have oily, acne prone skin. When I started Bare Esentuals foundation a year ago, I LOVED it, and I continue to love it. I have to say it is the BEST foundation ever created. Maybe it is not for dry skined people, but for me.....let's just say, it not only gave me luminosity, but also stopped my acne problem. This cleaser, on the other hand, is becoming my favorite. I know it's expensive, but I think I will reduce my other expenses so I can afford it. It really is great. I do remove my makeup entirely beforehand. It exfoliates (even though it does not feel like it) my skin beautifully. After patting my face dry, my face does not feel dry at all, but soft and smooth. I use the night treatment afterward, and they combine fabulously!! I highly recommend it for people who have acne-prone, oily skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received 2 samples, which I found was good for about 4 uses each. I simply do not care for this cleanser. I have used it both in the morning, when my contacts are not in, and at night, when my contacts are still in. Both times some of the tiny particles of cleanser must have gotten in my eye, and it is VERY bothersome! Also, when I mixed the water and powder to create a paste, it just seemed like the cleanser did not exist, and it did not clean my face well. Last night I used it after using a make up remover from Clinique, and it just did not get the rest of my makeup off, which I don't have any trouble with when I use BB's Lathering Tube Soap.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of the RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser from Sephora.com. I was completely suprised that this was a powder and I first thought that I wouldn't like it at all. But after one use I was hooked. All you need is a small amount of product and a VERY small amount of water to creat a great lather for your face. The cleanser has a herbal smell to it which I love. The best part is when you dry your face. I have never felt my skin so smooth. This product has significantly cleared up my face and my pores have seem to shrink. I can't rave enough about this product and I suggest that if you are looking for a HG cleanser that you give this a try. It has now replaced my Philosophy cleanser. The full size bottle may seem expensive but I have had it for over 2 months and it still looks almost full. Give this a try and you will not be disappointed.