bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.8

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

yes the powder is difficult to work with-too much water, not enough water, etc. but i have to say, this stuff really has been great for my skin! i use it every morning (as i dont think its that tough enough to remove makeup) and it leaves my face feeling fresh, clean and NOT tight. that is why i love this cleanser-its strong enough to cleanse but gentle enough to leave my skin balanced. my face looks brighter, smoother and i have not broken out. i have very acne prone skin. practically every product on the market makes me break out. this has been a good purchase for me. :) will buy again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this product on a whim at a Bare Escentuals store, mostly because I had never seen a facial cleanser in powder form and I was intrigued. I've been using it for a little over a week now, and already there is a noticeable difference in the size of my pores-they are smaller and less prominent, especially on the sides of my nose. My skin tone also appears more even.
The formula, like the foundation, is slightly drying on me, but I use MAC moisturelush at night, and it is not drying enough for me to stop using the product. My biggest issue was with the price-$25 for a container! I usually use Mario Badescu products, so this was a pretty big price jump for me. I'll probably splurge and repurchase, though, since I've been so happy in the results thus far.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I do not know why others do not like this cleanser. I think it works beautifully. I am a La Roche-Posay girl mostly, especially with their Effaclar line since I have oily, acne prone skin. When I started Bare Esentuals foundation a year ago, I LOVED it, and I continue to love it. I have to say it is the BEST foundation ever created. Maybe it is not for dry skined people, but for me.....let's just say, it not only gave me luminosity, but also stopped my acne problem. This cleaser, on the other hand, is becoming my favorite. I know it's expensive, but I think I will reduce my other expenses so I can afford it. It really is great. I do remove my makeup entirely beforehand. It exfoliates (even though it does not feel like it) my skin beautifully. After patting my face dry, my face does not feel dry at all, but soft and smooth. I use the night treatment afterward, and they combine fabulously!! I highly recommend it for people who have acne-prone, oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it, love it, love it! One of the best cleansers I have ever used. I have oily skin. This is about the only cleansers I have found that does not dry my skin out and make things worse. It also cleans very good. Much better than the average cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have occasional cystic acne (thank you hormones) and fairly regular breakouts. I've used various prescription treatments, Proactiv, etc. etc. In addition to having blemish-prone, oily skin, I also have sensitive skin.

I have been using this cleanser for a couple of weeks now and LOVE it. I definitely feel that it helps blemishes heal faster and it is keeping my skin more balanced than it has been...probably since I was a teenager or younger. I can not rave enough about this product. It also seems to be helping to fade some of the red marks left from previous cystic breakouts which THRILLS me. I would love to have the option to not wear foundation out of the house again - I miss that.

One of my favorite things to do with this product is to mix it a little thicker than usual (more powder and less water than usual) to make a paste and then use it first as a mild physical exfoliant and then keep it on for about 10-15 minutes as a mask.

As for the smell, the smell doesn't really bother me when you consider that 1) it really just smells like a kaolin clay mask to me, which I'm use to and 2) I'm used to putting sulfur on my face in the hopes that it will help clear it up, so I'm totally okay with an earthy smell. TOTALLY.

If anything changes, I'll update my review. But I definitely plan to continue using this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Sephora. The smell was horrendous. I will not buy this product.