bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.6

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I received this as a sample from my favorite eBay seller, and I just tried it tonight for the first time. I know it's very, very early to write a review, so I will update as I go along but WOW. That's all I can say right now. (keeping my fingers crossed I won't be jinxing myself:)
I did exactly as it says on the back: I wet my face, wet my hands, poured out half of the amount from the sachet, rubbed my hands together. At first I thought I'd need more water than that, but surprisingly it turned into a perfectly creamy and smooth paste. I applied it to my face in gentle circular motions and then rinsed it off carefully.
I have been looking for a good, natural cleanser for a very long time. One that doesn't contain harmful ingredients yet manages to get all my (mineral) makeup off. Most cleansing creams have disappointed me so far. Even though I don't use tons of makeup, I still often have to do it in two steps. First some jojoba oil, then cleanser. Sometimes that still wouldn't do it.
This miracle of a cleanser took it all off! I'm not kidding. I was left with baby soft, perfectly clean skin that didn't feel tight at all. Another bonus is that it didn't make my face turn red, as a lot of cleansers do. My skin was totally calm, no redness whatsoever.
I'm so impressed with this!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is awful. Not easy to work with and doesn't lather much. Doesn't remove makeup and doesn't feel like it removes everyhing from my face. Gave this away.

Just bought this yesterday after considering it for quite sometime. I love it. Personally, I hate creamy or gel cleansers, they leave me "squeaky" clean and it kills my skin. I love that it has just a bit of exfoliation to it and it's pretty easy to use. (I'm used to LUSH AOBS). I'm hoping it will help with calming my skin down from using some wrong product. If it continues to perform well I'll definately buy again.
And the price point isn't horrible. Any medi-spa cleansers are much more expensive.

I got this as a sample at Sephora. I admit I am a die-hard user of Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, but thought I would give this a try. I did not find it difficult to use, and it made my skin feel great after using it. But, it did not remove all of my make up. This could be a great morning cleanser, but I am sticking with my Purity Made Simple.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

FIRST OF ALL I CANT STAND BARE ESCENTUALS..IT IS OVERRATED AND MESSY...BUT ANYWAY I WORK AT SEPHORA AND WE ALWAYS GET FREE STUFF AND I WAS RUNNING OUT OF MY FAV CLEANSER (CLOG DISSOVING MILK BY BLISS) SO I DECIDED TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN THE 2...IT WAS HORRIBLE AND MESSY AND IT SMELL LIKE VOMIT(LITERALLY)...I DIDNT SEE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IN MY SKIN BUT BREAKOUTS...DO NOT BUY

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this from work and it's absolutely great! It removes my mineral make-up just the way i want it! I don't remove my eye makeup with it as I use an actual remover for that, but I really did see a difference after only a couple of uses. The few pimples I had have calmed down tremendously and my face looks clearer. It really didn't take any getting use to because the sample packet told me to dispense half for one use so I know what I need. I wouldn't call it grainy because I'm not looking for it to be cashmere soft. As a matter of fact, the mild exfoliation is just what my dry, sensitive skin needs. Who cares about the smell - if it does the job then it does the job. To me it smells like a cross between kaolin and a ramen noodles packet.

I am so glad I discovered/spent the money on this product!

I bought it as I came across it in a magazine article, which had stated that it's TSA-friendly. Meaning it won't get confiscated from your carry on, as it's a powder, rather than a liquid.

So basically, you mix it with water to form a 'lather" (as the directions say), and wash face as usual.

Don't expect a traditional. soapy lather from this product. In fact, all the complaints about water-to-product ratio I am seeing in the reviews are probably due to this. Basically, I wet my hands and face, dispense about five shakes into my hands do it this way, as you would a salt shaker-- absolutely no mess this way, no wasted product), rub my hands together in a circular motion (there is a slight lather), and then I rub on. I always repeat this step a second time. I usually let it sit a few moments before I rinse it off.

Using that method ensures I get plenty of it on my face.

I like the packaging-- it's shaker-like top makes it easy to dispense the correct amount of product into the hand. Easy open, easy close, as well.

The smell is odd... it's very earthy, very mineral-like. I can't think of what it reminds me of. Clay (well, kaolin is one of the ingredients). I was taken back by it the first time I used it, but now I'm used to it. I suppose it's better than something that's laden with synthetic ingredients and fragrances.

I have normal to dry skin and don't have any issues with this overdrying my skin. I sort of did the first time, but my skin adjusted to it after a couple of uses and now I couldn't ask for a better cleanser. My hard-to-please skin comes out soft, radiant and refreshed feeling.

It doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but that's okay for me. I have a certain product I use for that, and continue to do so.

I initially bought this for travel purposes only, as I am a frequent international traveller. I liked it so much, I decided this is going to be something I will cleanse my face with from now on-- just not exclusively for travel.

This DOES take some getting used to. I'm sure some folks will have trouble trying to suss out how to use it in the beginning. It's well worth the trouble.

It's a bit strange that the price of this item is $26-- really steep for a facial cleanser. However, this is $26 that I don't feel guilty about spending. Regardless of that, I do wish that the price was lower. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my bottle and have had it about two weeks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Thoroughly Unimpressive.

I bought a bottle of this when it was first on QVC and was just underwhelmed. I did not get the sudsy type of cleanser that they showed on QVC, I barely got any suds. The cleanser seemed to dissolve into the water, and so I ended up using much more than I thought I would need to, and finishing the bottle much faster than other facial cleansers I have tried.

I found it to be very drying to my already somewhat dry skin. I think perhaps it is not a cleanser for all skin types, as they say it is. I did not repurchase when I ran out.

I really like this cleanser. I was a bit skeptical about mixing a powder with water to make a cleanser, but it left my skin sooooo soft. I really felt like I did not need a moisturizer with this (which is good because I currently do not have one! I'm in the process of finding a good one). I wish I had this much luck with the RM night treatment.
For reference, I have normal/dry skin (depending on what month we're talking about). I've noticed that my skin really likes products that don't contain detergents, fragrance, or alcohol.
This cleanser is apparently soap-free so it's very gentle. There is a very gentle scent to it to, even though there is no artificial or added fragrance in it. It reminds me of sweet green tea. It was really soothing and the scent was quite relaxing. I wear a lot of makeup and it took it all off. I was delighted to feel a bit of a cooling, slightly tingling sensation after I rinsed it off.. to me it indicated that it really went in my pores to clean out all the gunk. My face just really feels clean, calm, fresh, and soft.
The packaging is nice since there is no flip-top and the cleanser doesn't get all over the place. You just slide the lid to open it, and you mix the mineral powder with water.
I will update after using it for a few months when I know it really works. But from the looks of it, I would definetely repurchase. And who knows, this may end up being my HG.

UPDATE: I have been using the cleanser for about one month now. Because this line only includes the night treatment, the cleanser, and the blemish therapy, I have to use additional products from different brands as my regimen. So for reference I am using REN jojoba scrub and Juice Beauty green apple moisturizer with SPF 15.
My face feels so incredibly soft when I use this cleanser. I have, or should I say... HAD a lot of redness and dry patchiness along my jawline. Pretty much all gone now. My face has a very clean, soft, and somewhat tight feel after I rinse this cleanser off. I have experienced some purging so far... two small blemishes that I did not pick at and healed on their own. I love that I can make this cleanser into a mask as well... All you do is use a ratio of more powder than water, mix it up, apply to your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes. I have had great results! All I can do is rave about this cleanser.