bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

I know alot of you are curious so here is the full ingredients list for BE's new mineral cleanser.

Ingredients:
(Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis
(Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl
Acetate, Glycin Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf
Powder, Beta-carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica

I really like this cleanser. I was a bit skeptical about mixing a powder with water to make a cleanser, but it left my skin sooooo soft. I really felt like I did not need a moisturizer with this (which is good because I currently do not have one! I'm in the process of finding a good one). I wish I had this much luck with the RM night treatment.
For reference, I have normal/dry skin (depending on what month we're talking about). I've noticed that my skin really likes products that don't contain detergents, fragrance, or alcohol.
This cleanser is apparently soap-free so it's very gentle. There is a very gentle scent to it to, even though there is no artificial or added fragrance in it. It reminds me of sweet green tea. It was really soothing and the scent was quite relaxing. I wear a lot of makeup and it took it all off. I was delighted to feel a bit of a cooling, slightly tingling sensation after I rinsed it off.. to me it indicated that it really went in my pores to clean out all the gunk. My face just really feels clean, calm, fresh, and soft.
The packaging is nice since there is no flip-top and the cleanser doesn't get all over the place. You just slide the lid to open it, and you mix the mineral powder with water.
I will update after using it for a few months when I know it really works. But from the looks of it, I would definetely repurchase. And who knows, this may end up being my HG.

UPDATE: I have been using the cleanser for about one month now. Because this line only includes the night treatment, the cleanser, and the blemish therapy, I have to use additional products from different brands as my regimen. So for reference I am using REN jojoba scrub and Juice Beauty green apple moisturizer with SPF 15.
My face feels so incredibly soft when I use this cleanser. I have, or should I say... HAD a lot of redness and dry patchiness along my jawline. Pretty much all gone now. My face has a very clean, soft, and somewhat tight feel after I rinse this cleanser off. I have experienced some purging so far... two small blemishes that I did not pick at and healed on their own. I love that I can make this cleanser into a mask as well... All you do is use a ratio of more powder than water, mix it up, apply to your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes. I have had great results! All I can do is rave about this cleanser.

I have used this new cleanser several times now and feel like I can give a preliminary review. This is a very unique concept. It's a mineral powder face wash. It's like you're washing your face with BE foundation+water. You shake it out of the bottle into your hand and it's an off-white colored powder. Use 1/2 teaspoon, add a little water, rub it in your hands until it's foamy and then wash. There is a learning curve with this. You don't want to add too much water or you won't get much foaming action going on and you'll have to add more cleanser. On the other hand, if you don't want to add a lot of water, you get a gentle exfoliant. I haven't found it to be really foamy so far in my experimentation but then it doesn't have the harsh detergents that many cleansers have that would make it really bubble producing. It's got a very light, fresh scent to mask the natural smell of the cleanser. It doesn't bother me much but everyone is different. I still use purity cleanser to remove eye makeup so I don't know how effective this is at removing mascara, etc. It isn't advertised as being an eye makeup remover anyway. It's supposed to clean and exfoliate. My skin doesn't feel like it's stripped of my natural oils. It feels really soft. Advantages: for all skin types, concentrated (a little goes a long way), light weight, stays fresh until you put it on your face, cleans without stripping, no harsh chemicals/additives. Cons: a little pricey, a learning curve is involved, doesn't remove hard core makeup. Thumbs up so far! Update 2-8-08. I've found the best way to use this is with a wet face and to sprinkle into damp hands. Just add a little bit of water and keep rubbing your hands together until you see "foam". hth someone. Update 2-12-08: I'm pretty sure I wasn't using a full 1/2 teaspoon so I increased the amount I used and added to damp hands. I added about a drop or 2 of water and rubbed my hands together until it looked mildly foamy. This seems to be the trick for me.

Love this stuff! It leaves my skin so soft and clean feeling. It does a decent job of exfoliating, too. I didn't notice much of a smell. This complements my RareMinerals Blemish Therapy and RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment PERFECTLY! I will repurchase for sure.

I may decide to give this product another shot in the summer time, but right now I've noticed it's pretty drying to the face. My face felt tight and dry before I put on my moisturizer. I really like the concept, but it's not working for me right now. My skin is combination but can be dryer in the winter.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love the concept Ė no chemical preservatives are needed for this product AND you can customize the consistency. What I donít like: the smell. Iím sorry, but this stuff just plain stinks. I also find it to be a bit pricey. Iíve been using this for almost a month and I donít notice any difference in my skin than when I use my (super affordable) Kiss My Face olive oil and lavender soap (other than the fact that the latter product leaves my skin smelling wonderful!)

UPDATE: I've been using this for almost two months now and I have to say, I really like it. I don't notice the smell anymore, and despite the fact that I use about twice as much as the bottle recommends, I still have a TON of product in the container - it looks as though I haven't touched it. Since it is full of amazing ingredients, doesn't make me gag anymore, and feels good on my skin, I will consider repurchasing when I run out (which seems like it won't be for several months.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using the product for a week and have noticed a significant difference in the texture of my skin. Unlike the previous reviewer, I actually like the smell of the product. I reminds me of Aveeno's 100% colloidal oats bath treatment. The oats in the cleanser does mildly exfoliate and cleanses the skin. I do use a more potent cleanser in the evening to remove the makeup, then I use the RM cleanser afterwards. I continue with the RM treatments in the evening, and in the morning, I use the RM cleanser.

I have acne prone and extremely sensitive skin and it works great for me. Will update in a month and will purchase again.

I have been using this product for a week and i love it... i usually wash my face with any product that has BP or SA in it because my face breaks out occasionally, but i hated the feeling of dry tight skin i would always have to put mostuirizer, but now i just wash my face at night with RareMinerals then i buff my RareMinerals power on. i love the whole combination...

I also found that using this product took some trial-and-error. For the price, I was definitely afraid to use too much. The packaging makes it hard to get the right amount out sometimes; I feel like I'm holding my breath, hoping that I'm not about to overdo it!

When I started using it, I was aware of some dryness after washing my face. What I have started doing is mixing the powder with Cetaphil cleanser and washing my face with the resulting lather (after splashing some water into my hand). The Cetaphil leaves some moisture on my face, and I've also still noticed that the RareMinerals is clearing up my skin. I figure it can't be too bad to combine the two, since they're both supposed to be gentle by nature. I'll keep this going for the next few weeks; when the seasons change, who knows if I'll need to continue mixing?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really am loving this cleanser and probably would buy it again. I love everything about it! I've been using for about a week and so far my skin is looking more clear (but then again im also using DDF benzoyl peroxide 5% gel) But this is making my skin feel and look softer and smoother. It looks more refined and hydrated. So far this is the most non-drying cleanser I've ever used...my skin barely feels tight after using this so it really does what it says. For me, the best way is to wet my face and pour about less than a dime size (pea size is not enough) into my palms and put a few drops of water in and mix with my index finger, mix, and then swipe on my cheeks and forehead and scrub away. I can always use more for an exfoliating day. I love it and the smell i like too. Sometimes i mix this with another cleanser too. I love it a lot!!! Now i want to try the blemish therapy but havent seen reviews on that yet. It's awesome there's 8 reviews now and 100%. Keep it going girls.