Becca Nymph pressed shimmer powder

Becca Nymph pressed shimmer powder
becca nymphNymph pressed shimmer powder

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous! This is by far my HG highlighter, it is so natural looking and pretty. I'm not a fan of obvious, heavy blush so this is perfect for adding a touch of colour and shimmery glow to your skin. I bought it from ebeauty.ca for $42: http://bit.ly/sLg3oR (shipping incl, Canada only) which is on par with other Becca products price-wise, and definitely worth the extra money.

on 12/31/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have tried many different highlighters over the last year, including Edward Bess All Over Seduction, Benefit Moon Beam, and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. What the Becca sheer pressed powder provides that the others do not is invisible pores. I was blessed with excellent skin, but it was always oily, and after making it into my 40s with oily skin, my once invisible pores have enlarged, so the liquid and cream-based highlighters, um, highlight my pores.

Nymph is a pale beige powder with a hint of pink that leaves a beautiful glow. I brush it on top of my cheekbones, and use a fingertip to put a dab at my eyebrow arch, on my cupid's bow, across the bridge of my nose, and in the crease of my chin. Sometimes I also blend a bit into the center of my eyelid, over a taupe or cool bronze shadow. In the summer, I apply it to my shoulders and chest, as well. I used to own Angel, but I prefer Nymph, which on me is more natural, though both are quite beautiful.

One trick I learned is after I apply the powder with a brush, I then press/roll it into my skin with my fingertips so the particles lay flat and appear more glowy than glittery. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

I can't really say much that hasn't been said, except that this is the single most valuable item to me in my stash. If you are fair and cool toned, this is your HG highlighter. It is perfection in a sleek rubberized compact! I use my ecotools powder brush and apply it over my cheekbones to sculpt by face, and then sweep it lightly over my cheeks, nose bridge, and forehead. No matter how my retina'd skin is behaving (whether it's nice, or peely, or reddish from lack of sleep!), it simply glows with the help of this ultra finely milled pale shimmery powder. To call it a shimmer powder would be an injustice though, since there is no trace of glitterness or discernable individual particles. Nymph imparts a lit-from-within look that cannot be duped in my opinion.

I tried Nymph after trying Angel, which was too dark to be anything but a blush on my NW15 complexion. Nymph is the only PSP light enough to be a highlighter for porcelain-skinned ladies.

Will repurchase again and again, even at the retail price of $38. You can budget for anything, really, and this item is a staple for daily routine. So much love for Nymph!

on 10/11/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

First off, I believe this product is being discontinued, although it's presently still available on the Becca website. It's under "Last Chance"--perhaps they are just reformulating.
To begin the real review, my skin is extremely pale (I wear Becca's Sherbet concealer for reference) with neutral undertones. Furthermore, I purchased this 3 years ago, so I may have an "older" formulation according to the reviewer below me.
Nymph is an excellent highlight color for me--it blends right into my skin. I use it on top of my cheekbones and under my brows most often, as well as down my nose and right above the cupid's bow of my lips (mostly when I'm going out). It looks sort of glowy and is quite subtle provided you're not in direct, blaring sunlight. There have, unfortunately, been times when I've been outside in the middle of the day and looked in a mirror only to see tiny flecks of shimmer. They're probably imperceptible from 3 feet, but they are still visible up close in the brightest of lights.
On darker skintones this might not be the best color choice for a subtle highlighter, although a light hand could yield a nice result under the brows and on cheekbones. All in all, though, for those with darker skin who are interested in Becca's PSPs, I'd recommend one of the more tinted color choices, as this one is quite starkly white (provided, of course, that PSPs are even still available).
As a side note, I once dropped this and it shattered a bit, but I took the puff thing and pressed down on it firmly and it hasn't broken back into pieces, but they are certainly fragile.

on 3/26/2009 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am Asian with really pale skin.this review for old virsion nymph.

I really don't know why I didn't buy Becca Nymph for long time even thought I've read lot of good review here.They are so finely milled & the shimmer is well subtle,
it's make your skin glow like beautiful silky ivory., like porcelain doll or beautuful Creamy ivory doll ( NOT pinky matte bisque doll) it's make my skin looks that I have beautiful flawless skin like I was born with it.

it's makes cheeks to pop so my DH told me that my skin looks silky smooth and looks like I had face lift .what I like this powder is no NO glitter ! I would recommend to Nymph to someone really pale skin and cool tone for all face growy looks or highligther.

it's might be too light to medium skin tone or very yellow tone people.

my other fave pp is Chanel Poudre Douce (rosee & Almond)
chanel one is more pinky tone, becca Nymph is more Ivoly less pink.
also my other fav hightlighter is Fresh's twailight ( cream ) and satin luster palette.

I am MAC NC10-15.

***********
Becca had change the nymph's color couple years ago.
new one is bit darker and looks much more pink compare old one.
however when you apply it on skin, it's still gorgeous.

**this is what Becca's CS says**

*BECCA�s Pressed Shimmer Powder in Nymph�s color was tweaked a couple years ago. You will not notice much difference in application as the �new� color still offers the same amount of highlight.*
********************************************************************
about new virsion of nymph.
I love old one than new one because old one is much more paler & ivory tone , it's less pigment than new one.(new one more tend to pinky than ivory)
however I love new one ,( I just becareful that how much amount
I apply and use smaller brush)

you might be love new one if you are fair to midium ( if you are not really pale)

add**

now I am using new one,( I think it's hard to find old virsion)
I love new one too. it's still beautiful higlighter, Nymph is cool toned
silverly color , to me it's not gold toned or doesn't show any beige?yellow tone.
now I have 3 back up.

************ it's not discontinued. you can get it at Becca's site or dermstore
( dermstore is shipping free and 30 days return)

after 1 1/2 year. I am still in love with Nymph. I use it as daily. however all depends on my skin condition. I use it only around eye's when my skin is bumpy and dry. but I apply it all over my face when my skin is smooth & in good condition.

*I would recommend the Hyawatha Pressed Shimmer Powder if you are fair skin with yellow tone. I also recommend the Kevyn Aucoin - The Celestial Powder: Candlelight if you want to more shimmer & going out at night time. ( Hyawatha for day time. Candlelight for night time )

* I would recommend Nymph loose shimmer powder if you want to much more shimmer. I am fan of the nymph loose shimmer powder too
I use loose one when I go out at night .

* about the compact.
No I am not fun of the compact design at all.but it's not much matter to me as long as if the powder is works great and beautiful. I haven't experiance to broken powder yet. however I did make small pouch( quilting with lot of cushion ) for the powder. Please see the pic. I often travel out of USA but never broke my powder or make up broke because it. please see pic's.

Add Feb/2016
I was off from nymph for while then now back again.
Nymph is still my fave color.
I checked at sephora and could not fnd nymph color???
So glad to that i got 3 more but the compact surface is getting very sticky .anybody who has spare, pleasebecareful Its going to very very sticky if you place in the box and haven't touch for long time.

on 2/9/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Becca shimmer powders are the best highlighters I've come across. They are so finely milled, and the shimmer is very subtle, enough to make your skin glow. Nymph is perfect for highlighting high across my cheekbones, or to just add a glow on the top of a matte blush. I love this, and Gypsy which I also have, and I'm also going to buy angel and odette which I'm sure I'll love as well.

on 11/17/2008 7:10:00 PM

I thought I had my HG highlighter, Armani fluid sheer #2. But this one gives a lot more glow without any visible glitter and doesn't distort the color of my blush. I think I'm going to wear this every day from now on, and I'm now lemming some other pressed shimmer powders.

This is the best highlighter I have ever used. The pigments are micronized so you get a very subtle glow rather than an obvious sparkle, they blend beautifully with fair skin and do a great job of highlighting the cheekbones and brow without any kind of "frosty" look.

Unfortunately, I dropped and broke mine (the silly-looking rubbery compact did not prevent this, sadly) on the bathroom floor and as BECCA is no longer carried by sephora and I don't have an extra $40 to spend on a replacement even if it were (mine was a gratis from when the salon where I worked temporarily carried the BECCA line), I have been making do with a MAC compact that feels like I'm rubbing craft glitter on my face compared to the silky smoothness of the BECCA compact. If it weren't prohibitively expensive and increasingly difficult to find, it would no doubt be an HG for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Comes in a chic looking compact that is very durable. Plus, the shimmer is great for using at the corner of my eyes and for bringing out my cheekbones. A very good friend of mine bought this for me for my birthday and I couldn't be happier. I love shimmer products and this is a great addition to my collection.

on 10/25/2007 2:46:00 PM

After an initial good impression, I ultimately took this shimmer powder back to the store. I'm giving it 3 lippies for being a great quality product from a great company, but this color was very wrong for me and a little too matte. I wanted the fresh 'in from the ski slope' look, but there is way to much beige in this product for this PPP with pink and yellow undertones. I looked way ashey. Another color from this line might have been a good option, but I opted for a Chanel blush that created the effect I was looking for.