ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush

Filtered by hair type : Other
ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush
Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

on 1/15/2011 5:17:00 AM

man this brush shreds like crazy! i've been using it everytime i apply foundation for 4 months now and it still shreds. i wash it regularly and it dries so fast - but that doesnt help with shredding at all. but this makes the foundation application soooo easy and fast! it doesnt leave streaks or anything like that and it blends so well. i will stick with it for a while but in the future i think i'll try sigma ones

on 1/12/2010 6:00:00 PM

You know, I wish I could like this brush but I am exceedingly tired of plucking hairs off my face when I use it. It does a great job at stippling but it sheds and sheds and sheds. I keep trying to make it work for blushes and powders however, the "hairs-all-over-the-face arrgh" factor just makes me shove it to the back of my makeup drawer again and again.

on 5/24/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

awesome brush, of course i want the 187 but that thing is just wayyyyy too expensive, and this seems to do the trick for me in terms of foundation -- the outcome of stippling on my foundation with this brush is flawless.. i honestly don't need the 187 now, but would like to get it just so i can say that i have it (hehe).

in terms of applying my MSF's however i think my contouring brush does a better job... not sure if it's just stippling brushes in general or just specifically this Ulta one (b/c MUA swears that the 187 applies MSF's like a dream), but i feel that when applying MSF with this brush i can barely see it on my face? =/

got this brush for $20 w/ my 20% off coupon -- great investment, i've washed it several times now and it hasn't shed at all (at least not that i've noticed!).

UPDATE: I have been switching this between my blush, bronzer and foundation (1 week each and then I wash) and guess what - I love this better than the MAC for each. I promise I don't work at Ulta (in fact I really don't like shopping there) but I can't deny that I heart this brush more than any of my others.

OLD: This is amazing and just as good - if not better - than the MAC 187 for me. The bristles are just a tad firmer on my Ulta brush than the MAC. I've been using it for blush. It gives me an unbelievable glow rather than a harsh line of color. In fact, I've kicked the MAC 188 to the curb because this works so well. I haven't tried it with foundation, but I'm assuming that since the bristles are firm that it would totally rock.

Even better - I bought this when the ulta brushes were BOGO 1/2 off. So I bought one for a friend. I ended up getting two of these for less than the price of ONE MAC brush. I think I'll keep my eye out for this sale and next time buy more for my other friends who've never used a skunk, kinda a stippling brush outreach program, I guess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I've been wanting to get this brush for some time after reading the reviews here. However, I had gone to Ulta a long while back and they were out of them. Then about a couple of weeks later I went back again and they had it! I immediately grabbed one and bought it. It cost me about 26 dollars because they didn't have the sale, which was 20-25% off :-( Oh well I tried it the following day and it shed like crazy. I was pretty pissed off that this great brush did that. However, I didn't give up on it yet. I washed it that same night and some more hair came out but then I noticed that the shedding had stopped. This brush is similar to the MAC 187 one the only difference is the handle. The handle on the MAC one is a little shorter and thicker and the handle on this one is longer, thick at the top and thin at the bottom. I love it. It's very sturdy and I could apply my makeup w/o a problem. I even like the packaging . Unlike the MAC one that comes in a cheapo sleeve this one comes in a plastic one, which is reusable. I definitly recommend this and I put yes to buying this product again.

Popular Makeup Brushes