ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush

ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush
Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

4.3

on 1/15/2011 5:17:00 AM

man this brush shreds like crazy! i've been using it everytime i apply foundation for 4 months now and it still shreds. i wash it regularly and it dries so fast - but that doesnt help with shredding at all. but this makes the foundation application soooo easy and fast! it doesnt leave streaks or anything like that and it blends so well. i will stick with it for a while but in the future i think i'll try sigma ones

on 9/24/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i wouldn't buy this again, not because its a terrible brush but because i feel like i don't need it. i feel like when i use the flat foundation brush it seems to apply much better for me than this. when i first bought it, i had no shedding and was grateful i bought the one that didn't shed. however, as i kept using it and as i kept washing it.. it now begins to shed. i've used this with blush, powder, and liquid foundation and i feel like for blush its not even(because its not a blush brush but hey its always good to experiment!), powder sometimes worked great for me with this, liquid foundation i sometimes would get an even app but overall, i'll stick to the flatter brush.

on 5/24/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

awesome brush, of course i want the 187 but that thing is just wayyyyy too expensive, and this seems to do the trick for me in terms of foundation -- the outcome of stippling on my foundation with this brush is flawless.. i honestly don't need the 187 now, but would like to get it just so i can say that i have it (hehe).

in terms of applying my MSF's however i think my contouring brush does a better job... not sure if it's just stippling brushes in general or just specifically this Ulta one (b/c MUA swears that the 187 applies MSF's like a dream), but i feel that when applying MSF with this brush i can barely see it on my face? =/

got this brush for $20 w/ my 20% off coupon -- great investment, i've washed it several times now and it hasn't shed at all (at least not that i've noticed!).

UPDATE: I have been switching this between my blush, bronzer and foundation (1 week each and then I wash) and guess what - I love this better than the MAC for each. I promise I don't work at Ulta (in fact I really don't like shopping there) but I can't deny that I heart this brush more than any of my others.

OLD: This is amazing and just as good - if not better - than the MAC 187 for me. The bristles are just a tad firmer on my Ulta brush than the MAC. I've been using it for blush. It gives me an unbelievable glow rather than a harsh line of color. In fact, I've kicked the MAC 188 to the curb because this works so well. I haven't tried it with foundation, but I'm assuming that since the bristles are firm that it would totally rock.

Even better - I bought this when the ulta brushes were BOGO 1/2 off. So I bought one for a friend. I ended up getting two of these for less than the price of ONE MAC brush. I think I'll keep my eye out for this sale and next time buy more for my other friends who've never used a skunk, kinda a stippling brush outreach program, I guess.

on 12/3/2008 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was very excited about this brush, because of all the reviews comparing this to the MAC 187. I have the 187se, which i read is not the same quality as the full size; this one bled a lot even after 4 washes. So I jumped on the ULTA, and this brush shed the most among all the brushes I've ever used! It shed is crazy, I had to pick up countless black hairs from my face and makeup. After one washing and rigorious rubbing on my hand, i think I got rid of all the loose hairs because it now not shed as much now. However, the density is lost, at first the density was comparable to the MAC but now it is not. In general, the bristles are not as soft as the MAC. I also have the SilkNatural duo fiber brush, and that one sheds equally as much, so guess it is hard to find one that doesn't shed. The 187se has only shed a few hairs thus far but it bleeds.

I'm so happy with this Ulta Stippling brush! :-) I also have the MAC# 187 stippling brush and after comparing both brushes, I have to say that these brushes are the same in performance, bristles, and texture. The only difference is that the handle of the Ulta brush is tapered towards the end. I really wonder if the same company makes the Ulta and the MAC stippling brushes. I alternate between the Ulta and the MAC and I use both for applying my foundation, highlighters, blush, or powder. I prefer the Ulta though because it only bleeds its black dye after one washing and it's so much more affordable! I've had the MAC#187 for several months now and it still bleeds! Why shell out $42.00 for the MAC brush when you can get the same brush (Ulta) for a much cheaper price. I got the Ulta brush when it was on sale for about $19. You can't beat that! Two Thumbs up! :-) I would have never found out about this great affordable stippling brush if I wasn't a member of Makeupalley. Thank you ladies!

p.s (Like the MAC#187, the Ulta brush will shed some hairs but it will stop after a few washings.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to hear that Ulta has an alternative to the MAC 187! I purchased the MAC 188 and am totally in love with it and was prepared to return for the 187, then I read about this brush. The Ulta version seems every bit as dense as the MAC version, and also as dense as the 188 though bigger obviously. It applies my blushes amazingly and really doesn't shed too badly at all. The handle is very sturdy and the brush seems to be weighted pretty well. It is rather thick in the handle but tapers off near the end vs. the uniform thickness of the MAC, but I prefer the thicker handle of the Ulta one as I feel it gives me more control. Overall, a great buy since I got it for $19 which is less than half the price of the 187. The brush comes in a thick plastic re-usable sleeve which is a lot nicer than the disposable dinky plastic sleeve the MAC ones come in. Would and probably will rebuy.

ULTA just came out with this brush about a week ago. Iv been looking for an afordable brush like the MAC one and im so happy i found this. I only payed about 20 dollars for it beacuse it is on sale for 25% off since it just came out. Im deffinaly glad i didnt buy the mac one i was just about to and i saw this so happy

Popular Makeup Brushes