ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush

ULTA Professional Series Stippling Brush
Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

on 9/28/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nice brush. I paid $26 for this at ulta and they gave me two free nail polishes as gift with purchase. This is my only stippling bursh so I have no others to compare to. So far it does a nice job of face that fingers or foundation brush can not do. I wouldn't say it looks airbrushed, like other users claim, but it's more natural looking than a foundation brush, probably because it uses less product. It does shed....Been using it for about a week and I'm still picking hairs off my face.

UPDATE: I have been switching this between my blush, bronzer and foundation (1 week each and then I wash) and guess what - I love this better than the MAC for each. I promise I don't work at Ulta (in fact I really don't like shopping there) but I can't deny that I heart this brush more than any of my others.

OLD: This is amazing and just as good - if not better - than the MAC 187 for me. The bristles are just a tad firmer on my Ulta brush than the MAC. I've been using it for blush. It gives me an unbelievable glow rather than a harsh line of color. In fact, I've kicked the MAC 188 to the curb because this works so well. I haven't tried it with foundation, but I'm assuming that since the bristles are firm that it would totally rock.

Even better - I bought this when the ulta brushes were BOGO 1/2 off. So I bought one for a friend. I ended up getting two of these for less than the price of ONE MAC brush. I think I'll keep my eye out for this sale and next time buy more for my other friends who've never used a skunk, kinda a stippling brush outreach program, I guess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I got this a while back after watching the YouTube gurus put their foundation on with the MAC 187. The MAC 187 is more than $40, and I wanted to try a dupe. I read up on this here and YT, and decided to try it. It was still very expensive, I think I paid $22 for it. I do love how it works for foundation. I just stipple my foundation on. I don't swirl with it. I prefer the just stippled coverage I get. I wash it every time I use it (almost every day), and it has not bled. However, it does shed a hair or two a day. This doesn't bother me very much, so it still gets 5 lippies. Now I just need a good 188 dupe, because this brush is a bit large to get around my nose and above my brows.

on 12/24/2008 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush, especially for the price and it's always on sale. I originally wanted the Sonia Kashuk one but that's like finding the pot at the end of the rainbow so I gave in and bought the Ulta one. It did shed when I first washed it and also as I used it. But I believe it will hold up to my abuse, i will update.

i had this in the Studio Gear #15 review:
"I would get the pro Ulta highlighter brush, currently on sale B2G2 w/ additional coupons, so for about the same price of Studio Gear #15 or MAC 187, you get 4 brushes to abuse/give/and actually use it for highlighting as well. Only at the bigger Ulta stores, not online."

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I've been wanting to get this brush for some time after reading the reviews here. However, I had gone to Ulta a long while back and they were out of them. Then about a couple of weeks later I went back again and they had it! I immediately grabbed one and bought it. It cost me about 26 dollars because they didn't have the sale, which was 20-25% off :-( Oh well I tried it the following day and it shed like crazy. I was pretty pissed off that this great brush did that. However, I didn't give up on it yet. I washed it that same night and some more hair came out but then I noticed that the shedding had stopped. This brush is similar to the MAC 187 one the only difference is the handle. The handle on the MAC one is a little shorter and thicker and the handle on this one is longer, thick at the top and thin at the bottom. I love it. It's very sturdy and I could apply my makeup w/o a problem. I even like the packaging . Unlike the MAC one that comes in a cheapo sleeve this one comes in a plastic one, which is reusable. I definitly recommend this and I put yes to buying this product again.