Ulta Professional Series Stippling Brush

Ulta Professional Series Stippling Brush
Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

3.8

on 1/31/2017 10:10:00 PM

If I could give this a zero I would. If small fine black hairs all over my face despite repeated uses and washing. Does not apply foundation particularly nice. Wish I never would have spent the money and got a better brush. Bristles not sufficiently dense to nicely apply makeup feel like it's smeared around not stipples at all

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first stippling brush so I don't have any basis for comparison, but overall, I'm satisfied with it. It does an good job of applying my Colorstay foundation. While I don't quite see the "airbrushed" look, it still looks okay and avoids the streaky look that flat-paddle foundation brushes can leave. I deducted one lippie because of the shedding. I have to pluck at least 4-5 bristles off my face each time I use it. Still, it's a good brush at a moderate price.

UPDATE 12/20/10: I returned it. Way too many hairs shedding all over my face. I tried the e.l.f. powder brush instead and got much, much better results for a lot less money!

on 9/28/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nice brush. I paid $26 for this at ulta and they gave me two free nail polishes as gift with purchase. This is my only stippling bursh so I have no others to compare to. So far it does a nice job of face that fingers or foundation brush can not do. I wouldn't say it looks airbrushed, like other users claim, but it's more natural looking than a foundation brush, probably because it uses less product. It does shed....Been using it for about a week and I'm still picking hairs off my face.

on 4/23/2009 4:09:00 PM

I got 2 of these when they were buy 1 get 1 50% off. I probably should have waited for a better sale or tried on of the cheaper ones, because they still come out to about $20 each. BUT I'm glad I went ahead and got them. Now I get what everyone is talking about! I used one to apply liquid foundation, and it looked so great, and it didn't take forever like the flat foundation brushes. The other I used to apply blush and highlighter, also great!

Only 1 hair came out of one brush when I washed them, and the other didn't shed at all. The handle feels really good in my hand. I've never liked the flat foundation brushes or using sponges, so I'm really surprised how much I like this for foundation application.

on 11/13/2008 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been wanting to try a stippling brush like this for the longest time. I'm pretty lazy with my makeup application, so I thought I might actually want to apply my liquid foundation if I had the right tool. First of all, I don't have an Ulta near me, so I had to find it online. It was pretty tough to do because this isn't called a stippling brush at Ulta. It's called a Highlighter brush. So, if you're looking for this particular brush, I hope that little piece of info helps.

I've really been wanting the MAC 187, but since I have a hard time parting with that much cash for one brush, I decided to settle for a dupe. I read all kinds of reviews and I almost bought the Coastal Scents version before I read how much it sheds. The Ulta shed a bit when I first received it, but after a good washing, it's nearly perfect. I still don't like wearing liquid foundation, but it does make it much easier to apply.
Overall, I'm glad I purchased it because I now know exactly what a stippling brush can be used for and why it's helpful.

on 9/1/2008 10:26:00 PM

Add me to the list of reviewers who love this brush. I have been very impressed with Ulta's Professional Series of brushes. They are well made, a real pleasure to use and I plan to add more to my collection. The Highlighter brush is very, very similar to MAC's 187 brush in size, density, softness and most importantly, in performance. Fabulous for applying highly pigmented blushes and bronzers. Also excellent to use when you want that airbrushed look when applying cream, mousse or liquid foundations. At $26, it's a deal. Plus, Ulta offers 20% off coupons and codes regularly. I saw it today for $19.50. Would repurchase. But this one will last for years with care. It has held up well to washing.

Popular Makeup Brushes