Ulta Professional Series Stippling Brush

Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

4.7

on 5/26/2010 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Got this ULTA Stippling brush because I wanted a dupe to the MAC 187. After doing some research saw that there were complaints about shedding/fallout, but those were the same complaints that users had w/ the MAC as well, so I figured I'd get the less expensive of the 2. PLUS they were included in tthe buy 2 get 2 free sale. Well,.... I used it to apply my NARS sheer matte foundation and firming foundation. Lots of hair came out, and I spent a lot of time picking them off my face, but boy oh boy... my foundation looked great. I've only used it 2 days now, but I felt I could deal with the shedding and purchased another one as a back up and for my NARS blushes or when one is dirty. Overall, I really like the brush, but I'm taking a lippie out for excessive shedding.
Update: Not the best applicator for blushes.. Doesn't pick up color as I'd like, had to keep dipping my brush. I will keep the 2nd one I purchase as a back up foundation brush.

on 9/1/2008 10:26:00 PM

Add me to the list of reviewers who love this brush. I have been very impressed with Ulta's Professional Series of brushes. They are well made, a real pleasure to use and I plan to add more to my collection. The Highlighter brush is very, very similar to MAC's 187 brush in size, density, softness and most importantly, in performance. Fabulous for applying highly pigmented blushes and bronzers. Also excellent to use when you want that airbrushed look when applying cream, mousse or liquid foundations. At $26, it's a deal. Plus, Ulta offers 20% off coupons and codes regularly. I saw it today for $19.50. Would repurchase. But this one will last for years with care. It has held up well to washing.

on 1/7/2008 3:25:00 PM

This brush is almost identical to MAC's 187, but it is significantly cheaper...(I have a review for the MAC 187 stippling brush as well) ...

I think I paid $25 for this. I checked the Ulta website and don't see this brush there but it is at the store. It works the same as the 187 too. It's actually called the Highlighter brush. Great for applying bronzers and highlighters. This is one of the brushes I turn to when I apply MSF's. When you compare this brush to the MAC 187, they really are the same.

Sooooo glad I found this and didn't break down and spend $42 on the MAC version.

UPDATE: I got a MAC 187 from a sweet swapper and have been able to compare the Ulta brush to the MAC 187 side by side...Conclusions? The Ulta stands up to the comparison and I can honestly say that it is identical to the 187 in performance and features. Makes sense to me to save some money, especially you gals who want more than one of these beauties around...My Ulta and my 187 are identical twins who were brought up by different families but are nevertheless like two peas in a pod...

Full Size Image

Ulta on top, MAC on bottom

Full Size Image