Ulta Professional Series Stippling Brush

Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first stippling brush so I don't have any basis for comparison, but overall, I'm satisfied with it. It does an good job of applying my Colorstay foundation. While I don't quite see the "airbrushed" look, it still looks okay and avoids the streaky look that flat-paddle foundation brushes can leave. I deducted one lippie because of the shedding. I have to pluck at least 4-5 bristles off my face each time I use it. Still, it's a good brush at a moderate price.

UPDATE 12/20/10: I returned it. Way too many hairs shedding all over my face. I tried the e.l.f. powder brush instead and got much, much better results for a lot less money!

on 3/24/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

UGH! I'm so mad I bought this AFTER forking over $42 bucks for the famous MAC 187. Don't get me wrong. The MAC 187 is a great brush, but not for stippling foundation. I found the bristles on the MAC 187 a little too soft to really buff the liquid foundation in. I end up with a lot of streaks that I need to fix.
This, however, is PERFECT. Same concept as the MAC 187, but the bristles are more dense and a little bit firmer. And it makes stippling liquid foundation so much easier and better. Less streaking for me with the Ulta brush. I actually gave my MAC 187 away to my sister because it's just taking room in my bag.

UPDATE: I have been switching this between my blush, bronzer and foundation (1 week each and then I wash) and guess what - I love this better than the MAC for each. I promise I don't work at Ulta (in fact I really don't like shopping there) but I can't deny that I heart this brush more than any of my others.

OLD: This is amazing and just as good - if not better - than the MAC 187 for me. The bristles are just a tad firmer on my Ulta brush than the MAC. I've been using it for blush. It gives me an unbelievable glow rather than a harsh line of color. In fact, I've kicked the MAC 188 to the curb because this works so well. I haven't tried it with foundation, but I'm assuming that since the bristles are firm that it would totally rock.

Even better - I bought this when the ulta brushes were BOGO 1/2 off. So I bought one for a friend. I ended up getting two of these for less than the price of ONE MAC brush. I think I'll keep my eye out for this sale and next time buy more for my other friends who've never used a skunk, kinda a stippling brush outreach program, I guess.

Popular Makeup Brushes