Ulta Professional Series Stippling Brush

Ulta top, MAC bottomUlta Professional & BE duo fibre stippling brushes

4.8

on 9/28/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nice brush. I paid $26 for this at ulta and they gave me two free nail polishes as gift with purchase. This is my only stippling bursh so I have no others to compare to. So far it does a nice job of face that fingers or foundation brush can not do. I wouldn't say it looks airbrushed, like other users claim, but it's more natural looking than a foundation brush, probably because it uses less product. It does shed....Been using it for about a week and I'm still picking hairs off my face.

on 4/23/2009 4:09:00 PM

I got 2 of these when they were buy 1 get 1 50% off. I probably should have waited for a better sale or tried on of the cheaper ones, because they still come out to about $20 each. BUT I'm glad I went ahead and got them. Now I get what everyone is talking about! I used one to apply liquid foundation, and it looked so great, and it didn't take forever like the flat foundation brushes. The other I used to apply blush and highlighter, also great!

Only 1 hair came out of one brush when I washed them, and the other didn't shed at all. The handle feels really good in my hand. I've never liked the flat foundation brushes or using sponges, so I'm really surprised how much I like this for foundation application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I got this a while back after watching the YouTube gurus put their foundation on with the MAC 187. The MAC 187 is more than $40, and I wanted to try a dupe. I read up on this here and YT, and decided to try it. It was still very expensive, I think I paid $22 for it. I do love how it works for foundation. I just stipple my foundation on. I don't swirl with it. I prefer the just stippled coverage I get. I wash it every time I use it (almost every day), and it has not bled. However, it does shed a hair or two a day. This doesn't bother me very much, so it still gets 5 lippies. Now I just need a good 188 dupe, because this brush is a bit large to get around my nose and above my brows.

I'm so happy with this Ulta Stippling brush! :-) I also have the MAC# 187 stippling brush and after comparing both brushes, I have to say that these brushes are the same in performance, bristles, and texture. The only difference is that the handle of the Ulta brush is tapered towards the end. I really wonder if the same company makes the Ulta and the MAC stippling brushes. I alternate between the Ulta and the MAC and I use both for applying my foundation, highlighters, blush, or powder. I prefer the Ulta though because it only bleeds its black dye after one washing and it's so much more affordable! I've had the MAC#187 for several months now and it still bleeds! Why shell out $42.00 for the MAC brush when you can get the same brush (Ulta) for a much cheaper price. I got the Ulta brush when it was on sale for about $19. You can't beat that! Two Thumbs up! :-) I would have never found out about this great affordable stippling brush if I wasn't a member of Makeupalley. Thank you ladies!

p.s (Like the MAC#187, the Ulta brush will shed some hairs but it will stop after a few washings.)

on 11/13/2008 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been wanting to try a stippling brush like this for the longest time. I'm pretty lazy with my makeup application, so I thought I might actually want to apply my liquid foundation if I had the right tool. First of all, I don't have an Ulta near me, so I had to find it online. It was pretty tough to do because this isn't called a stippling brush at Ulta. It's called a Highlighter brush. So, if you're looking for this particular brush, I hope that little piece of info helps.

I've really been wanting the MAC 187, but since I have a hard time parting with that much cash for one brush, I decided to settle for a dupe. I read all kinds of reviews and I almost bought the Coastal Scents version before I read how much it sheds. The Ulta shed a bit when I first received it, but after a good washing, it's nearly perfect. I still don't like wearing liquid foundation, but it does make it much easier to apply.
Overall, I'm glad I purchased it because I now know exactly what a stippling brush can be used for and why it's helpful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to hear that Ulta has an alternative to the MAC 187! I purchased the MAC 188 and am totally in love with it and was prepared to return for the 187, then I read about this brush. The Ulta version seems every bit as dense as the MAC version, and also as dense as the 188 though bigger obviously. It applies my blushes amazingly and really doesn't shed too badly at all. The handle is very sturdy and the brush seems to be weighted pretty well. It is rather thick in the handle but tapers off near the end vs. the uniform thickness of the MAC, but I prefer the thicker handle of the Ulta one as I feel it gives me more control. Overall, a great buy since I got it for $19 which is less than half the price of the 187. The brush comes in a thick plastic re-usable sleeve which is a lot nicer than the disposable dinky plastic sleeve the MAC ones come in. Would and probably will rebuy.

Popular Makeup Brushes