Neutrogena Healthy Volume

Neutrogena Healthy Volume
neutrogena healthy volume mascaraneutrogena healthy volume mascara

3.7

This is the best mascara I've tried since CoverGirl's Clump Crusher stopped playing nice with my sensitive eyes and contact lenses (it's a great mascara, just not for me anymore). I can be at work all day and spend an evening at an "optional" training without my eyes stinging when I get home.

The brush is a standard large-ish straight brush, which might not be your thing if you like curved brushes. That said, the brush is big enough to get all of my lashes, and if you curl your lashes anyway then it's a non-issue. I typically only use one coat, but upon trying a second coat I didn't see any extra clumping or sticking as long as I don't brush it on too fast. There's little-to-no fallout when I get home from a day at work (standard school day plus morning/afternoon meetings, so an average of 9 hours), and it comes off with a makeup wipe. I do need to give my lashes some extra attention to get all of the makeup off, which I suppose is a testament to this mascara's staying power.

If you've got finicky eyes and/or contact lenses, I've had good success with this mascara. Would buy again.

on 3/14/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love love love this mascara. I have tried some of the expensive ones and always com back to Neutrogena. I never flakes, smudges or ends up under my eyes, My eyelashes are very thin now that I'm older and this mascara really helps them looks like more, I only wish it was available in brown for blondes and redheads.

To Read all 327 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Just an okay mascara.
Was not great but it did darken and add a some volume to my lashes.
The problems I did have were 1. I prefer mascaras that make my lashes look long but this was not terrible 2. it smudged under my eyes.

on 12/22/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a very good mascara. The only reason for the 4 stars is it is a more natural looking result and it is a bit expensive for drugstore mascara. There is no chemical odor, no flaking, smearing or smudging. It washes off easily and is a nice black color. The best part is the nice big, plush brush. My lashes are nice and soft. I would def rebuy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As my user name says, I am a complete mascara Junkie. I love love love it. So in saying that, I have tried Many that are available from the drugstore market. This mascara is everything it me. I've only had it for a couple of days but I can tell that a life time commitment has begun. No longer do I have to scour the makeup of isles for the unattainable perfect mascara, because This Is It. Neutrogena's healthy volume mascara not only provides the perfect volume and length, but it also looks completely natural while doing so and avoids harsh clumps and spider lashes! It gives a beautiful fanned out effect and you don't have to work hard to build up volume, I stay at two coats and I'm good, if you want to put on more go ahead, because it will stay soft and pliable regardless. All of this already constitutes for a really good mascara for me, but what truly makes this a holy grail is it's ability to STAY PUT. I have oily lids and I have not found a single mascara that will not slide, smudge, or flake on me to date, and I am an avid user of waterproof mascara. I picked up this one in the NON waterproof formula and it is absolutely amazing! It stays on my lashes and doesn't go anywhere all day long! To top all of this off the mascara is sleek, and gorgeous, creating a sophisticated, manageable, and easy to store (pop in your makeup bag or purse) mascara. I am absolutely in love and hope that this holy grail mascara is never ever discontinued!!

on 9/2/2015 6:05:00 PM

A pretty good dupe for Lancome Definicils (the formula, not the brush). In spite of my oily lids, minimal smudging and good staying power. Will repurchase.

on 3/16/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this! If you use it everyday your lashes do seem to grow. Looks great and received a lot of compliments. Seemed to dry up fast though

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm a huge mascara fan, always hunting for the mascara jackpot. This is nice, but not "Holy Miracle Lashes, Batman!" kind of nice. The brush is ginormous, it's like putting on mascara with a shovel. The color is nice, it stayed put, but refused to come off at night with reasonable makeup remover application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! I got this as a sample when I was at target. Let me tell you, I use this everyday!!!
I would definitely say that this product is worth the price. It makes my eyelashes long and dark, and doesn't flake off. The only thing that I would have to complain about is that when it starts to get old it leaves clumps at the roots of your eyelashes and it's impossible to get off.

on 12/20/2014 3:02:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara!!! I already have medium to long lashes so this added beautiful volume (especially when I used the baby powder trick). I got it in black/brown and I looks so natural, and doesn't clump at all! This is definitely a mascara that you may not like at first but DON'T throw it away! Open it, use it, and if you happen not to like it then pump it a few times and wait a day or two to use it again. That's what I have to do with all of my mascaras and they always seem to work better after being open for a few days. This mascara left my lashes voluminous and soft! I love it, and will for sure be repurchasing!!