no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

My HG lip balm! I picked it up for less than $2 at Big Lots, and I would pay 10x that price for this gem. My lips are very dry, and this is the only thing that actually makes them seem healthier instead of just coating them and mitigating the discomfort. I use a thin layer under lipstick to keep my lips from drying out, and at night, I apply liberally. I can still feel it on my lips the next morning, and my lips feel hydrated and actually plumper. Sometimes I dab a little vaseline over it at night, and that does wonders as well! The balm in self seems to have a bit of shimmer to it, but I don't really notice it when applied. The scent is wonderful, a light citrus with a hint of floral and it reminds me of lemon-mint Ricola cough drops.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

It's okay for a balm, but nothing to get excited over. I see no tint but moisturizes well. I won't purchase again, I will stick with my favorite Palmer's Cocoa butter stick.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I used up a whole tube, but that's not as impressive as it might otherwise be, given the tiny sized tube (.06 oz/1.7g). Mild scent and no taste, smooth feeling without being runny or greasy, and a very slight amount of shine. The shimmer isn't terribly earthshaking or anything but I think they have a light-diffusing effect that makes for a nice natural lip look. I would buy this again but only if I found it at Big Lots again (which was where I originally got it, for $1). I don't know how much Lypsyl was hoping to charge for these things at full retail but it must have been more than a buck, and that's more than I'll pay for such a tiny tube.

About reviewer (282 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

9 years ago

I'm kind of on the fence about this balm so far. Here's what I liked about it: The slim tube (about the thickness and length of a SoftLips tube) with it's green and pale yellow colors and the image of the little bee on the label and embossed on the top of the cap is very attractive. I liked that it has shea butter and coconut oil in it, and the grapefruit-y scent is very appealing. The pale pink balm glides on so smoothly and it feels great on my lips. It doesn't add any color or any noticeable "shimmer"-type effect, which I consider to be a good thing, since heavily tinted balms tend to smear messily on me after a bit and I look ghastly with any kind of frosty shimmer on my mouth. What I don't like so much is that the first two ingredients are mineral oil and petrolatum, which I've been trying to avoid. (Should have read the ingredients list before I bought it...duh.) It seems to "vanish" from my lips a bit quickly so I have to keep re-applying. Still, I could very easily get totally addicted to the wonderfully soft, smooth as satin feel of this balm...not to mention that lovely fresh-grapefruit scent...

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

10 years ago

This slightly shimmery rose color balm is excellent. This makes my lips so silky smooth. The texture is great, its smooth, not waxy and feels like heavon when applied

About reviewer (200 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I'm addicted to this grapefruit scent...it lightly mosturizes and leaves a light shimmer

About reviewer (680 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3.0

11 years ago

In the grand scheme of lip products, this isn't half bad. Its still not as great as Jane be pure mineral lip balm, but its a close second. As others have said, it comes in a skinny tube with a citrus scent. It has a pink tint in the tube, but absolutely no color transfers to my lips. As for the claim of "radiance"...uh nope, none of that either. However, it does seem to hydrate my lips better than blistex or chapstick so that makes it worth the $1.25 I spent on it at Big Lots. Its not HG material, but if I run into it on sale again, I'd probably pick up another one. A girl can't have too many lip balms/glosses/lipsticks :-)

About reviewer (391 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Lovely product: smells great, glides on smoothy, softens... however the "rose" tint does not show up on me at all. Not even on my hand. This was $2.99 at CVS, but right now you get it back in Extra Bucks so it's essentially free. Can't beat that with a stick.

About reviewer (3503 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I loved this product. Does it live up to promises on the packaging? Well, mostly. Coconut oil is supposed to soften and smooth the lips - check. Organic shea butter heals and moisturizes - check. Vitamins A & E revitalize and plump - (antioxidants should be great for revitalizing, but no topical cosmetic ingredient to my knowledge can plump the lips). As to the boast that it will make your lips glisten and shine, well not so much! There is a bit of mica far down on the ingredients list that I suppose contributes a touch of the "radiance" in the name. The Lypsyl website states that LypRadiance "contains a blend of subtle reflectants and a light tint for a natural looking shine." I don't really notice any color change on my lips - not even a hint of a tint! It's packaged in a skinny little twist tube that is easy to use and is lightly scented (reminds me of tangerine). I found mine at Walgreens. Final word: If you're looking for a shiny, tinted gloss, don't buy this. If you want a highly emollient, reasonably priced lip balm that's full of great ingredients (moisturizers and antioxidants) give this a try. I think you'll like it. INGREDIENTS: Mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin, hydrogenated coconut oil, ceresin, beeswax, flavor, certified organic butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A palmitate), titanium dioxide, silica, mica, tin oxide, calcium aluminum borosilicate.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

12 years ago

I was suckered in by the possibility that this is an exotic Swedish import that contains Swedish beeswax (hey, Swedish must be better, right?). It is actually loaded with petroleum derivatives, with beeswax being a secondary ingredient at best. The LypRadiance is supposed to be glossy and shimmery. It's really just regular lip balm that doesn't change my lips' appearance in the least. To top it off, the tube doesn't work very well-- the product gets pushed back into the tube as you press it to your lips. It does have a pleasant smell, like roses, but is thin and waxy and non-emollient, almost like putting nothing on my lips (not in a good way). Pass this brand up.

About reviewer (420 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair