no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 years ago

I've been using this for about 4 weeks now and I like it. I bought this because I have rosacea and read a report that acidophilus might help rosacea redness. I don't have any issues with acne and have combination skin with very normal (almost dry) cheeks. This had not caused me to break out. I think think this will work for me in the summer months but maybe not in the very cold months because it isn't that moisturizing. I mix it with argan/maracuja oil and it still isn't as moisturizing as I'd like it to be on my cheeks. It doesn't make my oily t-zone/forehead any oilier though. As for the rosacea, it hasn't made my redness go away. I'm hopeful that the slightly reduced redness and less warm feeling cheeks are because of this but I'm not sure. It might just be that I'm not having a flare up at the moment. If you have oily skin, I can imagine that you might not like the feeling of this moisturizer unless it really does clear up acne. It is kinda heavy feeling when I first put it on, which I like, but my guess is that people with oily skin will not like it. I bought the 4 oz bottle which is more than twice the size of my usual moisturizer so it will last a very long time for me. I've been keeping it in the refrigerator because I read a review that said you should store it in the refrigerator. So just in case, I'm doing it. ------- Update 5/23: After using this for a couple of weeks, my cheeks feel rough. I think this isn't moisturizing enough for my combination skin type. I've tried using it over hyaluronic acid serum and with argan/maracuja oil mixed in and my cheeks still aren't smooth. I have made no other changes to my skincare so I have to assume it is this product.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

5 years ago

I am actually on my 2nd tube of this. I bought this from my doctor who recommended this as I tend to get spots on and off.. I like that it's pretty light, which I find hard to come by for moisturizers. I still tend to get spots, less, but I get them. Yet, I realize it's important to moisturize to keep the skin condition good. This does a decent job. I am still researching for a good light moisturiser but until then, I will likely continue to use this. *** Nov 2015. Editing this post to won't buy again. I am trying out a few others right now, and think this is pretty basic as a moisturizer for its high price. One lips down as well

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

very good lotion-cream for acne dry skin type, it does what it says, it prevents acne and helps healing the current acne, this is not for oily skin type. the downside is that it makes you more sensitive to the sun, so be careful when using this product, to apply sunscreen during the day. the smell is amazing, like yoghurt, very fresh and yummy smell. no tingling feeling, very soothing.

About reviewer (333 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

6 years ago

I use Acidipholus probiotic every morning, and have been for years. Its probably the best regenerative and non pore clogging moisturizer I have ever used. Epicuren is amazing to work with as a company, and their customer service is excellent. Highest recommendation for any esthetician who is looking for a new product line. Alana http://www.skincarebyalana.com/ http://www.skincarebyalana.com/epicuren-products.html

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

7 years ago

I've been using these products off and off for years, but lately I've kicked it into overdrive, pretty much replacing everything I have with this line. Let me start off by saying I have difficult to treat skin. Dry, flaky, sensitive, psoriasis in some places, and acne prone skin. Anything that helps with dryness, usually doesn't do well with my sensitive and acne prone side. I've been very careful, only using La Posay Roche and Jane Marini line for years, at least for my mainstay moisturizers, but that all changed a couple of months ago. I've been using the Clarifying Cleanser for sometime, which is great for the end of the day wash. I recently decided to add a couple things to the mix, to try to clear my skin once and for all in my mid-30s. This cream was suggested to me, due to it's probiotic-acne preventive qualities. BTW, this product is for problematic skin. If you don't see any difference, you many not have an issue to begin with. I have to say I really haven't broken out since I started on this cream, and that's through one of my Monthly Bills. The cream is pretty thick, but not entirely moisturizing, due to its mild exfoliating qualities. I've since added the Enzyme Concentrate Vitamin Protein Complex & Ultra Rose Treat Enzyme Moisturizer to combat my dry/sensitive skin. I think I'll keep using this as long as I keep seeing results. Quick Note: The Epicuren line is not for the cheap or faint at heart. It's not La Mer expensive, but it can quickly add up past that point fast. So, if you have enough disposable income and have difficult skin, I would give this line a try.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I think it's a good product. Doesn't do anything bad to the skin. Kind of soothing. But I don't see much difference when I apply it and when I don't. So I won't buy it again..

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. This product has not caused me to break out in any way. My only complaint is that it is not super moisturizing and this is coming from someone with oily skin. I think it is better to use in the summer because right now its not moisturizing enough. I am very happy that it has not created any new problems for my skin. I havent noticed that it has cleared anything up but it definitely hasnt made anything worse.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

12 years ago

The girl at the day spa used this on me and it felt great. She said the probiotic would be good for my pimples, etc. I enjoyed using it, it was very light and not greasy. I wished it came in a bigger bottle (very teeny bottle for such a high price) and wish the neck was longer for easier dispensing. I had to use quite a bit of it because it wasnt that moisturizing and i have oily skin! But it didnt break me out at all, etc. I think this would be great for the summer time. For winter, i am currently using Dermalogica Active Moist which i have been using for years. Good fall back moisturizer.

About reviewer (531 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

My aesthetician suggested this probiotic emulsion as part of my skin care regimine for acne, although I am more excited about this product as a convenient and moisturizing alternative to yogurt masks, although it is definitely more expensive.<br><br> I don't know how effective this probiotic emulsoin is in preventing acne. Although my acne has improved somewhat, it has improved in conjunction with using several treatments including this one. Still, this seems like a good moisturizer for people with acne prone or oily skin, or people who are struggling with scaling, flaking skin, like I used to. <br><br> In the AM, I mix a dime size amount with an equal amount of aloe vera gel as a moisturizer after my other treatment products and before sunscreen. Whether you add more aloe or not, this moisturizer is pretty light, and it smells like pina colada yogurt. It has mostly natural ingredients including Aloe, Safflower Oil and Jojoba, but it does contain some parabens.<br><br> Other people may not like: the smell (although it doesn't bother me) and that may not be moisturizing enough. I use a more moisturizing cream at night.<br><br> By the way, my aesthetician also has me taking probiotics orally.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool