4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

a year ago

Frankly, this soap did what every soap is supposed to do, lather well and clean my skin. But all in all, I found this to be a very average soap that did nothing for my face and/or body acne. To be fair, it also didn't cause any irritation or break outs, nor did it dry out my skin, hence the average rating. Pretty disappointing, especially after all the great reviews. I will finish it but I will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This soap has saved my skin! I was going through a period of stress, which unfortunately led to a great amount of stress acne. Normal acne mess like benzoyl peroxide burn my skin and my usual SA cleanser was doing nothing. My skin is pretty sensitive, so I saw that sulfur usually helps as a last resort for sensitive acne-prone skin. I found this on Amazon for a really decent price and noticed a difference after the first night I used this! The smell can be very eggy and it stings your eyes like nobody’s business, but I have been using this every night for the past 2 years and only get small hormonal breakouts on my chin. Seriously, but this!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I've been using this stuff for years now but never wrote a review. My skin is dry but very acne prone. I think it's fairly gentle, although skin does feel tight if I don't immediately put on moisturizer after using. The reasons this stuff is a star are 2-fold: 1) The price. It's what, $3-5 at Whole Foods? 2) This stuff cleans your pores like no ones business. I lost it right before I went on vacation for 6 days and during that time I only washed my face with water. The pores on my nose got super clogged and just black and disgusting. As soon as I got home I put some of this on for 60 seconds and by the time I rinsed it off all of that gross stuff on my face was already gone. Using this stuff I rarely get any pimples at all except around my period. Currently trying to change my skin routine to try to reduce redness on my face and thought for 2 seconds about stopping this but quickly dropped the idea. I think it's effective enough that I could use it just once a day or else just a few times a week and still get the benefits. Highly recommend giving this a try if you have acne or clogged pores

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

3 years ago

this is the best medication for acne prone skin like mine. 2 days ago an acne just popped on my face, I washed my face with this soap in the morning. When I was about to wash my face again in the evening with this soap, the pimple was gone. Like gone, GONE. I know you won't believe me, but it happened. I was so tired looking for a cure for my breakout prone skin, now I glad I found this soap. The only thing I didn't like is, I had to import this soap to my country. Sadly I don't live in America :((

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I have been struck with acne recently...I hope it's not rosacea or a medicine issue but I still have it and I prefer to use natural products. This is the real deal. It's effective almost overnight but with acne you have to be patient. This soap definitely dries up active acne but I don't think it would prevent acne since it just a soap. I wish this company made supporting products like a toner or cream but I will just stick to my rosewater and natural moisturizer from Alaffia. One last thing, I can't speak for everyone but my soap smells fine..slightly floral in fact. No sulfur. Edit: As you get past the hard layer of the soap, the sulfur smell DOES come out but it is so mild..I have smelled so many worse things in my life. ????

About reviewer (280 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

I started using this soap and it worked in the beginning however the smell was unbearable. However I did notice my skin reacted well to sulfur despite the smell. So my Dermatologist recommended using a different brand that has been around for 50 years. He suggested using Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur soap 10% with .25% Salicylic Acid. After the first day I can see and feel the difference in my complexion. It's been 3 weeks now and my break outs have diminished even during my pms which is amazing. I've also added into my skin regimen their Joesoef Acne Sulfur 6.6% drying lotion, which I use as a spot treatment targeting my break out areas. I leave it on overnight for maxium affect. These Sulfur products are a must have and worth every penny. I haven't been back to my Dermatologist in months.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

This product has become apart of my daily regimen. My esthetician recommended this for my face. It definitely dries up the tiny bumps on your face. And leaves my super oily skin feeling really smooth in the morning . I try to use sparingly because i dont want my skin to get use to this product. I have tried the tar soap (same company) and im not a fan of that one. The smell is horrid. It also clears the makeup off my face well. I follow up with benzoyl-pads after this at night and there is no make-up residue after.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium Brown

HairBrown

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I've been meaning to pick up this soap for awhile now, but waited until my pine tar bar ran out. I've been using it for only a week, so it's hard to tell what the long term results will be. So far, I really like this product. It has been starting to heal and dry up a random patch of acne that's been on my cheek for MONTHS. It rinses squeaky clean, which is great in the summer because I use an oil free SPF moisturizer every day. Dryness has not been an issue. The price is great! 5 dollars and change... considering you don't need much for a lather, I know it's going to last me for a long time. As far as the smell, it doesn't bother me at all. It's nothing compared to the rotten eggy scent of Proactiv's sulfur mask. It doesn't linger, either. 4 lippies because while it doesn't clear everything up overnight, it seems to be doing its job over time. Added bonus: kept my hormonal acne at bay during last week's PMSing!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

6 years ago

Sulfur is one of the oldest and most effective non-prescription treatments for acne and other skin problems. I have noticed that it often works for people that benzoyl peroxide isn't effective for. It's easy to use. Work up a lather on wet skin and then leave it there for 10 minutes before rinsing. Do this twice a day and in my experience, you will begin to see significant improvement in 3-5 days. I keep it at the sink and in the shower, which is great for teens who have some acne on their backs. As with all acne treatments, washing more than twice a day is irritating and drying to skin, which can actually make it worse, so stick to twice daily. I got my soap on iherb.com. Use code OPI483 to get $5 off discount!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

6 years ago

I have yet to try out this product. I know what you're thinking. "Then why are you writing a review?" Well I am writing a review because I am going to try it for a while and then come back with an update. My skin write now is acting horrible!!! My forehead is red and filled with big cystic acne:( it has NEVER been like this in my life. I don't know what the problem is, and let me tell you I've tried almost EVERYTHING! Proactive, Neutrogena, Cetephil, Noxema, Clean and Clear, Dial bar soap, Dove bar soap, Aveeno bar soap, Birth control (which I am currently on for a month), Boots, Benzoyle peroxide, Salicylic acid, Olay, Biore, and thats all I can think of right now. But yeah too much shit on my face. Well I hope this stuff works for me! Cross your fingers I'll come back with a positive update.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium