Roux Fanci-Full Mousse

No Image

3.4

on 11/9/2015 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I applied it to wet hair and blow dried it. I was super excited at the color when it was still wet, but when it dried it turned my hair very stiff and horribly dry... and I was scared of brushing it in case it snapped off! Considering how many positive reviews I read about this product I'm very disappointed, esp considering its not a cheap product in the UK. Any tips? Am I doing something wrong?

on 6/4/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only wish there was a zero lippie available. I asked the clerk in Sallys if she had any feedback on this color toning mousse. She said they sell a lot. All I can say is: it must not be to the same person twice! No color (#56 Bashful Blonde) and not in the least conditioning or detangling (not that they claim that). Maybe it would be okay for adding body but I had to rinse it out to apply my beloved Roux Fanci-full Rinse. The rinse is great but this mousse is a total waste of money as far as toning is concerned. EDIT: I forgot to say my hair is bleached medium beige (not bleached white). Perhaps, a darker shade would have given some color but I still do not like the texture result.

on 7/14/2009 4:47:00 PM

I just tried this in Lucky Copper because I was dressing up as Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter. I got it at Sally's Beauty, it was around $9 and didn't do anything to my hair except lightend it a smidge but nobody noticed it so it was a complete waste of my money and time. It was extremelly messy and permanetly stained my bath towels. I would not recommend this product although it didn't help me, I heard it sometimes works better on lighter colored hair. But personally I think the designers of this product should make it adaptable for anyone to use.

on 11/20/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I brought this in lucky copper hoping that it would brighten my hair and touch up my roots. When I opened it the color was a tea colored reddish brown I'm irritated because I thought I was buying something for copper colored hair and this is more suitable for like an auburn color. The formula itself is not bad but be careful because it stains.

on 5/14/2013 9:23:00 AM

I am always looking for ways to make my reddish brown hair look more reddish so I thought I'd give this mousse a try in lucky copper. It really isn't copper, it's more of a dark auburn and it really does darken my hair. That being said, it does make it more reddish but you really can only tell that in full sun! I wouldn't buy it again in this color because of how dark it does come out. Also, until it's dry, it will rub off on towels, clothes and pillowcases, etc. I haven't seen in if washes out of that yet but be careful when using it 'til it is fully dried.

I thought I would try this in Chocolate Kiss (or whatever Brown color they have), to see if it could camouflage my grey roots in-between colorings. I have analyzed all the other products out there (Hairmarker, etc., ) and I felt that this would present the best solution for me *if* it actually toned the grey down.

Wow, I am impressed. It's not perfect by any means, however, following washing and towel-drying, I went ahead and spread the product throughout my whole hair. I blow-dried and styled, and it did the trick. Grey roots are sufficiently dulled down, and if I can get away with a dry shampoo for a day or two, awesome, I won't have to go through it again.

It wasn't very messy and didn't have a noticeable scent. You must wash your hands vigorously after using this product, but for the price and effectiveness, it's all systems go for me.

on 6/25/2015 6:27:00 PM

I have very thin fine hair and I'm grey . My hair doesn't hold a permanent color for more than about 2 weeks , I use this product at least twice weekly . It covers my grey gives my hair volume and saves me between hair color . I'd be lost without this product .

on 10/25/2014 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this rinse for a long time to make my75% grey hair a deeper grey. I wear my hair long. I put it in when my hair is still wet and I don't use a lot of it ...just enough to get the required result and it works fine for this purpose. Without it my hair is just colourless (I couldnt realistically call it grey) and this makes it a natural gunmetal shade which suits my colouring more. I've tried the rinse as well and although that does the trick, its a bit messy and drippy. The mousse is much easier to apply. I'm in the UK and it's hard to track down but I wouldn't be without it.

on 1/5/2008 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So happy to see this product reviewed here.

Like the other reviewer, I've found this is great for toning down, or neutralizing my highlights.

In my experience, it can weigh your hair down if applied too liberally, but just a small amount will help your color and give you a bit of volume too. continued >>

on 4/27/2016 1:22:00 PM

Just purchased sweet cream roux mousse, my hair is almost all grey and its colored a really light blond. Sat on the fence about mousse as in past I used the rinse, I wanted to add some color to my hair as its so light almost a platinum or ash blond. I must say this is much easier to use and comb thru, and it adds body and detangles. I might try bashfuful blond just for a shade change, but I highly recommend as your hair feels fuller and mine is real long and straight. I love the sweet cream color.