Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.8

on 7/30/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I picked this up at my local drugstore, not knowing what to expect. I was looking for something gentle and moisturising on my slightly dry skin, without any additives, and which also didn't cost me my wallet, which is exactly what I found.
The smell, as advertised, is nonexistent. The consistency is well-balanced, not too thick - which I hate - and not too runny, so it's easy to apply. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturised, with no traces of makeup left under my eyes. Even after the first night I used this, I could feel a major difference in my skin. It felt softer and more supple, which probably linked to there being no colors, perfume or alcohol in the formula. It melts away my makeup so easily, with no residue left behind. I use it as recommended on the bottle, with a flat cotton pad or ball soaked in the milk.
As well as being a makeup remover, it also does wonders for my skin. This cheap, delicate milk cleanser is definitely something I'd recommend and repurchase time over time.

on 12/25/2010 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this product. I have normal to dry skin that reacts to products containing fragrances. I also wear makeup daily and found there were few products I could use to remove makeup thoroughly that didn't cost the earth!
Garnier ticks all the boxes for me, its fragrance free, not too thick in consistency and reasonably priced. I used to use Simple products, which are still brilliant, but their cleaser is a cream and incredibly thick.
When cleaning my face, my usual routine is to use cotton pads to remove the milk. I do find I need to use cetaphil to get rid of the last traces of milk, but if your skin is very dry you could probably skip that step. A little of this product goes a long way too, obviously, if you're wearing heavier makup you just apply more.

on 11/25/2010 2:41:00 AM

I have never tried a Milk cleanser before, and considering this came in a pack with both ultralift creams I felt it was a risk free chance to try one. I was wrong there is a risk no where on this product is there a warning saying keep away from eyes, it actually states to use it to remove makeup from face, eyes and neck. If you get this in your eye it is very painful, on top of that im not sure its very good at removing makeup at all. I feel as if I am adding another product to my skin rather then cleaning my skin. I would not suggest use of this product for makeup removal you will just have to wash your face again to remove it anyways. I am going to try and make the most out of this product as it has a nice fragrance and the texture and feeling on the face is quite nice. I think its better suited to a quick morning cleanse rather then a night time dirt of the day removing deep cleanse.

I used this following the directions I soaked a cotton pad and cleaned my face, Is this the right way to use a milk cleanser? perhaps im just not use to cleansers that dont require water and some form of foaming.

If I used this product correctly it is really wrongly labelled as it does none of the things it claims. We will see how it goes for a morning cleanse when I have no product on my face, I think it could be quite quick and a more appropriate use for the product. Although I will still be using a toner as I feel like it leaves a residue or a film on my skin.

on 5/7/2009 1:55:00 AM

This cleans well but it it feels like ice cubes, especially on first contact so I dread using it. I love the toner that follows this but haven't made up my mind whether to repurchase this cleanser due to the icy feeling it gives me. I'm nearly finished the bottle and have to make up my mind whether to repurchase or try another cleanser. It does seem to be helping diminish blackheads which is a plus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This made me break out the first day, worse on the 2nd. I usually have clear skin. I should have guessed this would happen because the second ingredient is Ethylhexyl Palmitate. While the Palmitates are one of the dirt cheapest moisturisers the beauty industry can buy, they are also highly comedogenic for people prone to blocked pores. I googled it to check and its got the highest rating on the pore-blocking scale. (Scientific studies)

Oh well, at least they'll sell a lot of micro-dermobrasion kits for all the breakouts people will be getting.

on 5/16/2008 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

A gentle, non-stinging cleanser that leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft.