Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.3

on 12/25/2010 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this product. I have normal to dry skin that reacts to products containing fragrances. I also wear makeup daily and found there were few products I could use to remove makeup thoroughly that didn't cost the earth!
Garnier ticks all the boxes for me, its fragrance free, not too thick in consistency and reasonably priced. I used to use Simple products, which are still brilliant, but their cleaser is a cream and incredibly thick.
When cleaning my face, my usual routine is to use cotton pads to remove the milk. I do find I need to use cetaphil to get rid of the last traces of milk, but if your skin is very dry you could probably skip that step. A little of this product goes a long way too, obviously, if you're wearing heavier makup you just apply more.

on 11/25/2010 2:41:00 AM

I have never tried a Milk cleanser before, and considering this came in a pack with both ultralift creams I felt it was a risk free chance to try one. I was wrong there is a risk no where on this product is there a warning saying keep away from eyes, it actually states to use it to remove makeup from face, eyes and neck. If you get this in your eye it is very painful, on top of that im not sure its very good at removing makeup at all. I feel as if I am adding another product to my skin rather then cleaning my skin. I would not suggest use of this product for makeup removal you will just have to wash your face again to remove it anyways. I am going to try and make the most out of this product as it has a nice fragrance and the texture and feeling on the face is quite nice. I think its better suited to a quick morning cleanse rather then a night time dirt of the day removing deep cleanse.

I used this following the directions I soaked a cotton pad and cleaned my face, Is this the right way to use a milk cleanser? perhaps im just not use to cleansers that dont require water and some form of foaming.

If I used this product correctly it is really wrongly labelled as it does none of the things it claims. We will see how it goes for a morning cleanse when I have no product on my face, I think it could be quite quick and a more appropriate use for the product. Although I will still be using a toner as I feel like it leaves a residue or a film on my skin.

on 3/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What I expect my makeup remover to do is actually take off my eye makeup without me having to rub vigorously and without causing my eyes pain or irritating them. That should not be very difficult, because I never use waterproof mascara or intensely pigmented,dark shadow or anything you would expect being trouble to remove. Well this cleanser here does not deliver that.
First of all, I need ridiculous amounts of cotton and this lotion to remove eye makeup (which is never more than plain mascara, eye shadow and maybe a bit of pencil liner).
Second, I have to rub and rub and in the end I'm always left with residue around my eyes, which is incredibly annoying.
Third, the process makes my eyes sting really bad. Ok, I've seen worse in the past, but this is why I always go for makeup removers that are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. This, even though it falls in the category, leaves my eyes red, teary, irritated and uncomfortable, which I cannot tolerate.
On the plus side, this lotion has a nice, light consistency and feels very cooling to the skin. Also it doesn't seem to break me out at all or cause any discomfort (other than the eye situation I described above of course).
All in all this is a good simple make up remover for any part of my face other than the eyes. However, because most of my makeup is usually around the eye area, this one just doesn't work for me.