Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.3

on 2/7/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow I'm surprised by the negative feedback here... I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I really like this! I hate oil-based makeup removers and one day I ran into this by chance and I've been using it since.

This is what I do: I slightly dampen a cotton pad with water and put this 'milk' on and then even it out a little bit. Next I press it against my eye lid for ~5 seconds, then *gently* rub away. Repeat a few times or use a cotton tip to remove all the makeup residues. Lastly I turn the cotton pad around, put some more 'milk' on and wipe away my foundation. Then I use a foaming face wash to rid the 'milk' and my face is allll clean :)

I also have this in the wipes packaged in the foil for traveling (or after a night out then I just go to sleep after rinsing off with water :P).

I highly recommend this, just remember to be gentle when you remove makeup, you don't want to create wrinkles! (I was once at Body Shop the lady was removing my concealer so she could try a product on, and geeez she almost scrubbed my skin off with a cotton pad! I don't know how she can work there!)

One more thing! This doesn't remove waterproof mascara (Cover Girl lash blast mascara I'm pointing at you)... I usually have to repeat the wipes and face wash a couple times.. 2 min extra work, hence 1 lippie off

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This made me break out the first day, worse on the 2nd. I usually have clear skin. I should have guessed this would happen because the second ingredient is Ethylhexyl Palmitate. While the Palmitates are one of the dirt cheapest moisturisers the beauty industry can buy, they are also highly comedogenic for people prone to blocked pores. I googled it to check and its got the highest rating on the pore-blocking scale. (Scientific studies)

Oh well, at least they'll sell a lot of micro-dermobrasion kits for all the breakouts people will be getting.

on 2/14/2008 7:33:00 AM

I've already gone through about 4 bottles of this. I stockpiled it when it was on offer at 1.99 in Boots - full price is 4.99 but still comes on offer for around 3 from time to time.

Price aside, this is a truly great cleanser. Very effective at removing make up and leaves skin velvety, soft and glowy and feels lovely to apply - can even be used on eyes with no stinging whatsoever. The toner is great too - I wish they did a day / night cream!

Overall, highly recommended.