Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.3

on 7/13/2010 8:41:00 AM

Totally broke me out after a little over a week using this! My skin was pretty clear before I started using this to remove my Lucy Mineral make up at the end of the day. Within days I noticed tiny white bumps forming under my skin and by the end of the week my face was getting spotty and inflammed, even after washing my face with another cleanser afterwards. This was the only new product I introduced to my normal skincare routine, so it had to be the culprit. My skin is improving already after only 3 days of not using this product. Would not recommend for acne prone skin at all...

on 2/7/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow I'm surprised by the negative feedback here... I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I really like this! I hate oil-based makeup removers and one day I ran into this by chance and I've been using it since.

This is what I do: I slightly dampen a cotton pad with water and put this 'milk' on and then even it out a little bit. Next I press it against my eye lid for ~5 seconds, then *gently* rub away. Repeat a few times or use a cotton tip to remove all the makeup residues. Lastly I turn the cotton pad around, put some more 'milk' on and wipe away my foundation. Then I use a foaming face wash to rid the 'milk' and my face is allll clean :)

I also have this in the wipes packaged in the foil for traveling (or after a night out then I just go to sleep after rinsing off with water :P).

I highly recommend this, just remember to be gentle when you remove makeup, you don't want to create wrinkles! (I was once at Body Shop the lady was removing my concealer so she could try a product on, and geeez she almost scrubbed my skin off with a cotton pad! I don't know how she can work there!)

One more thing! This doesn't remove waterproof mascara (Cover Girl lash blast mascara I'm pointing at you)... I usually have to repeat the wipes and face wash a couple times.. 2 min extra work, hence 1 lippie off

I really didn't feel comfortable with this cleansing milk on my face!!
First of all, it doesn't really clean the pores deeply or takes off all the makeup. I need to use additional cleansing product after.
Secondly, my skin feels a little bit dry after i use it.
One thing which i like is that is pretty cheap for a cleansing milk.

on 5/7/2009 1:55:00 AM

This cleans well but it it feels like ice cubes, especially on first contact so I dread using it. I love the toner that follows this but haven't made up my mind whether to repurchase this cleanser due to the icy feeling it gives me. I'm nearly finished the bottle and have to make up my mind whether to repurchase or try another cleanser. It does seem to be helping diminish blackheads which is a plus.

on 3/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What I expect my makeup remover to do is actually take off my eye makeup without me having to rub vigorously and without causing my eyes pain or irritating them. That should not be very difficult, because I never use waterproof mascara or intensely pigmented,dark shadow or anything you would expect being trouble to remove. Well this cleanser here does not deliver that.
First of all, I need ridiculous amounts of cotton and this lotion to remove eye makeup (which is never more than plain mascara, eye shadow and maybe a bit of pencil liner).
Second, I have to rub and rub and in the end I'm always left with residue around my eyes, which is incredibly annoying.
Third, the process makes my eyes sting really bad. Ok, I've seen worse in the past, but this is why I always go for makeup removers that are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. This, even though it falls in the category, leaves my eyes red, teary, irritated and uncomfortable, which I cannot tolerate.
On the plus side, this lotion has a nice, light consistency and feels very cooling to the skin. Also it doesn't seem to break me out at all or cause any discomfort (other than the eye situation I described above of course).
All in all this is a good simple make up remover for any part of my face other than the eyes. However, because most of my makeup is usually around the eye area, this one just doesn't work for me.

on 4/10/2008 10:43:00 PM

this is new to australia. it is a lotion product.
i use it by squirting a bit into my hands then massaging gently all around my face, then gently wiping off with a warm facecloth, using a bit more if necessary around my eyes for eye makeup.
it leaves my skin very soft and smooth and not at all tight or dry. nor does it leave my skin feeling like there's a layer of product left behind, as some cream cleansers do. nor -- finally! -- does it leave an oily residue behind as some makeup removers can (you can tell i've had cleanser issues recently, can't you??)
it also does not irritate, sting or cloud my eyes. the fact it leaves my skin so soft and clean means that when i jump in the shower, i just exfoliate!
this is a lovely, thorough but gentle product thta i will definitely repurchase.
(my skin is fairly normal, only a slight t zone, and if anything getting dryer as i age (36)).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally a cheap face cleanser that doesn't make my skin skin feel tight! Outperformed only by Toleriane cleanser-that costs twice as much.