Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

2.0

1 review

on 3/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What I expect my makeup remover to do is actually take off my eye makeup without me having to rub vigorously and without causing my eyes pain or irritating them. That should not be very difficult, because I never use waterproof mascara or intensely pigmented,dark shadow or anything you would expect being trouble to remove. Well this cleanser here does not deliver that.
First of all, I need ridiculous amounts of cotton and this lotion to remove eye makeup (which is never more than plain mascara, eye shadow and maybe a bit of pencil liner).
Second, I have to rub and rub and in the end I'm always left with residue around my eyes, which is incredibly annoying.
Third, the process makes my eyes sting really bad. Ok, I've seen worse in the past, but this is why I always go for makeup removers that are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. This, even though it falls in the category, leaves my eyes red, teary, irritated and uncomfortable, which I cannot tolerate.
On the plus side, this lotion has a nice, light consistency and feels very cooling to the skin. Also it doesn't seem to break me out at all or cause any discomfort (other than the eye situation I described above of course).
All in all this is a good simple make up remover for any part of my face other than the eyes. However, because most of my makeup is usually around the eye area, this one just doesn't work for me.