Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.5

on 7/30/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I picked this up at my local drugstore, not knowing what to expect. I was looking for something gentle and moisturising on my slightly dry skin, without any additives, and which also didn't cost me my wallet, which is exactly what I found.
The smell, as advertised, is nonexistent. The consistency is well-balanced, not too thick - which I hate - and not too runny, so it's easy to apply. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturised, with no traces of makeup left under my eyes. Even after the first night I used this, I could feel a major difference in my skin. It felt softer and more supple, which probably linked to there being no colors, perfume or alcohol in the formula. It melts away my makeup so easily, with no residue left behind. I use it as recommended on the bottle, with a flat cotton pad or ball soaked in the milk.
As well as being a makeup remover, it also does wonders for my skin. This cheap, delicate milk cleanser is definitely something I'd recommend and repurchase time over time.

I love this cleanser on my combination skin. Becoming pregnant made my skin extra sensitive and prone to becoming red really easily so I decided to try this before looking at higher end cleansers such as Clinique. I am so glad I tried this first! It has made my skin much clearer and calmed it down significantly so I don't need to wear so much makeup to cover my redness/pimples.
It melts makeup off the face easily with no need to rub - just a few swipes with a cotton pad and your face is completely clean. I apply this to my face with my fingertips and massage in, then remove using a couple of cotton pads. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation on my face which is a pretty heavy duty makeup and this cleanser removes it all with no problem. My skin feels smooth and refreshed afterwards, particularly when I use the matching toner from the same range. I will buy this again and again! Just one point though - I don't tend to use this on my eyes. I use a separate eye makeup remover for that (Olay) as I found the cleanser does sting a little if it gets into your eyes - even though it says you can use it to remove eye makeup. This minor point really doesn't concern me though, given the fab results it has had on my skin!

on 12/25/2010 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this product. I have normal to dry skin that reacts to products containing fragrances. I also wear makeup daily and found there were few products I could use to remove makeup thoroughly that didn't cost the earth!
Garnier ticks all the boxes for me, its fragrance free, not too thick in consistency and reasonably priced. I used to use Simple products, which are still brilliant, but their cleaser is a cream and incredibly thick.
When cleaning my face, my usual routine is to use cotton pads to remove the milk. I do find I need to use cetaphil to get rid of the last traces of milk, but if your skin is very dry you could probably skip that step. A little of this product goes a long way too, obviously, if you're wearing heavier makup you just apply more.

The most amazing and delicate cleansing milk ever. Leaves skin amazingly clean, soft and delightful. Does not irritate or sting. Truly an amazing product, and basically does not cost anything. Have not finished my bottle yet, but already bought a new one, also because despite the low price it is at times on offer too. I used to hate Garnier, then out of neccesity I happened to change this line. It has changed my life, or at least the life of my skin! If you have dryish but acne\blemish prone skin with irritating little breakouts or similar, try this. Your skin might just be sensitive to most, like mine was.
Definite repurchase!!!

on 5/16/2008 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

A gentle, non-stinging cleanser that leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft.

Great product! Cleans all make up (and i wear long wearing and a reasonable amount) without tugging, irritating or feeling heavy. Dirt cheap too. Great fro my dry sensitive acne prone skin.

On my third bottle already. This is the best cleanser I have ever used and I hope it'll be around for a long time. I can only use cream/lotion cleansers since my skin always dry up when I try anything else, but most ceam/lotion cleansers simply don't leave your skin feeling clean. This one cleans well and leave skin feeling fresh, doesn't clog pores. My skin has improved since using this cleanser. I apply this all over my face, massage a bit, then remove with toner soaked cotton pads. Lovely. Will keep buying!

on 4/10/2008 10:43:00 PM

this is new to australia. it is a lotion product.
i use it by squirting a bit into my hands then massaging gently all around my face, then gently wiping off with a warm facecloth, using a bit more if necessary around my eyes for eye makeup.
it leaves my skin very soft and smooth and not at all tight or dry. nor does it leave my skin feeling like there's a layer of product left behind, as some cream cleansers do. nor -- finally! -- does it leave an oily residue behind as some makeup removers can (you can tell i've had cleanser issues recently, can't you??)
it also does not irritate, sting or cloud my eyes. the fact it leaves my skin so soft and clean means that when i jump in the shower, i just exfoliate!
this is a lovely, thorough but gentle product thta i will definitely repurchase.
(my skin is fairly normal, only a slight t zone, and if anything getting dryer as i age (36)).

on 2/14/2008 7:33:00 AM

I've already gone through about 4 bottles of this. I stockpiled it when it was on offer at 1.99 in Boots - full price is 4.99 but still comes on offer for around 3 from time to time.

Price aside, this is a truly great cleanser. Very effective at removing make up and leaves skin velvety, soft and glowy and feels lovely to apply - can even be used on eyes with no stinging whatsoever. The toner is great too - I wish they did a day / night cream!

Overall, highly recommended.

on 2/7/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow I'm surprised by the negative feedback here... I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I really like this! I hate oil-based makeup removers and one day I ran into this by chance and I've been using it since.

This is what I do: I slightly dampen a cotton pad with water and put this 'milk' on and then even it out a little bit. Next I press it against my eye lid for ~5 seconds, then *gently* rub away. Repeat a few times or use a cotton tip to remove all the makeup residues. Lastly I turn the cotton pad around, put some more 'milk' on and wipe away my foundation. Then I use a foaming face wash to rid the 'milk' and my face is allll clean :)

I also have this in the wipes packaged in the foil for traveling (or after a night out then I just go to sleep after rinsing off with water :P).

I highly recommend this, just remember to be gentle when you remove makeup, you don't want to create wrinkles! (I was once at Body Shop the lady was removing my concealer so she could try a product on, and geeez she almost scrubbed my skin off with a cotton pad! I don't know how she can work there!)

One more thing! This doesn't remove waterproof mascara (Cover Girl lash blast mascara I'm pointing at you)... I usually have to repeat the wipes and face wash a couple times.. 2 min extra work, hence 1 lippie off