Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.5

on 4/14/2011 4:23:00 PM

This is meant to be for sensitive skin but it made my redness worse and made my skin sting which you wouldn't think a milk cleanser would do. It said no perfume, no alcohol and no colorants on the front and I thought great!! but then after using it I was thinking why is my skin reacting so bad to it and had a look at the ingredients and... it contains sulfates... I've used the Garnier toners before and they work fine with my skin so I had a look at their ingredient list and they don't contain sulfate like this cleanser. I will be sticking to Oil of Olay milk cleanser.

on 7/13/2010 8:41:00 AM

Totally broke me out after a little over a week using this! My skin was pretty clear before I started using this to remove my Lucy Mineral make up at the end of the day. Within days I noticed tiny white bumps forming under my skin and by the end of the week my face was getting spotty and inflammed, even after washing my face with another cleanser afterwards. This was the only new product I introduced to my normal skincare routine, so it had to be the culprit. My skin is improving already after only 3 days of not using this product. Would not recommend for acne prone skin at all...

on 3/1/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I guess Iíll just have to believe it once and for all that cleansing milks arenít for me. I donít know why, but I find their texture quite off-putting, and I donít feel they leave my face cleansed. I prefer more creamier consistencies (such as Dermalogicaís Ultracalming Cleanser). I used Garnierís Cleansing Milk for a few days, and ended up giving it to a friend. In addition to not liking its texture, it actually seemed to clog my poresÖbroke me out in tiny pimples. It must be the Ethyhexyl Palmitate, which is second on the ingredient list. I also prefer my facial cleanser not to contain so much sulfates as this one. Nice try Garnier, but you didnít get a loyal customer from me with this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This made me break out the first day, worse on the 2nd. I usually have clear skin. I should have guessed this would happen because the second ingredient is Ethylhexyl Palmitate. While the Palmitates are one of the dirt cheapest moisturisers the beauty industry can buy, they are also highly comedogenic for people prone to blocked pores. I googled it to check and its got the highest rating on the pore-blocking scale. (Scientific studies)

Oh well, at least they'll sell a lot of micro-dermobrasion kits for all the breakouts people will be getting.

on 3/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What I expect my makeup remover to do is actually take off my eye makeup without me having to rub vigorously and without causing my eyes pain or irritating them. That should not be very difficult, because I never use waterproof mascara or intensely pigmented,dark shadow or anything you would expect being trouble to remove. Well this cleanser here does not deliver that.
First of all, I need ridiculous amounts of cotton and this lotion to remove eye makeup (which is never more than plain mascara, eye shadow and maybe a bit of pencil liner).
Second, I have to rub and rub and in the end I'm always left with residue around my eyes, which is incredibly annoying.
Third, the process makes my eyes sting really bad. Ok, I've seen worse in the past, but this is why I always go for makeup removers that are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. This, even though it falls in the category, leaves my eyes red, teary, irritated and uncomfortable, which I cannot tolerate.
On the plus side, this lotion has a nice, light consistency and feels very cooling to the skin. Also it doesn't seem to break me out at all or cause any discomfort (other than the eye situation I described above of course).
All in all this is a good simple make up remover for any part of my face other than the eyes. However, because most of my makeup is usually around the eye area, this one just doesn't work for me.

on 1/5/2008 3:05:00 PM

Update, didnt like this. I found it to leave a film and be drying at the same time.

Still early days to post a review, but I thought id add the ingredients to p'ville. Note this is similar to Garnier's Clean & Soft cleanser, but this is fragrance free.

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water Lily extract, Rose Flower extract, Acylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Magnesium Laureth Sulphate, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulphate, Magnesium Oleth Sulphate, Peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Diglycolate, Sodium Glycolate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulphate, Sodium Oleth Sulphate, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-15 continued >>

on 11/25/2010 2:41:00 AM

I have never tried a Milk cleanser before, and considering this came in a pack with both ultralift creams I felt it was a risk free chance to try one. I was wrong there is a risk no where on this product is there a warning saying keep away from eyes, it actually states to use it to remove makeup from face, eyes and neck. If you get this in your eye it is very painful, on top of that im not sure its very good at removing makeup at all. I feel as if I am adding another product to my skin rather then cleaning my skin. I would not suggest use of this product for makeup removal you will just have to wash your face again to remove it anyways. I am going to try and make the most out of this product as it has a nice fragrance and the texture and feeling on the face is quite nice. I think its better suited to a quick morning cleanse rather then a night time dirt of the day removing deep cleanse.

I used this following the directions I soaked a cotton pad and cleaned my face, Is this the right way to use a milk cleanser? perhaps im just not use to cleansers that dont require water and some form of foaming.

If I used this product correctly it is really wrongly labelled as it does none of the things it claims. We will see how it goes for a morning cleanse when I have no product on my face, I think it could be quite quick and a more appropriate use for the product. Although I will still be using a toner as I feel like it leaves a residue or a film on my skin.

on 10/14/2010 7:51:00 PM

This is my first cleanser so I cannot give much opinions on this product from my experiences but I am pretty okay with this. This doesn't break me out, it's really gentle and it doesn't have a heavy fragrance that the usual Garnier products have. I don't use a lot of make up but I use it to clean the dirt and germs etc before I go to bed follow by my moisturizer. It helps to control my blackheads, not too well but definitely an improvement. Definitely a really decent product as far as I know and I might repurchase this.

I really didn't feel comfortable with this cleansing milk on my face!!
First of all, it doesn't really clean the pores deeply or takes off all the makeup. I need to use additional cleansing product after.
Secondly, my skin feels a little bit dry after i use it.
One thing which i like is that is pretty cheap for a cleansing milk.

on 2/7/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow I'm surprised by the negative feedback here... I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I really like this! I hate oil-based makeup removers and one day I ran into this by chance and I've been using it since.

This is what I do: I slightly dampen a cotton pad with water and put this 'milk' on and then even it out a little bit. Next I press it against my eye lid for ~5 seconds, then *gently* rub away. Repeat a few times or use a cotton tip to remove all the makeup residues. Lastly I turn the cotton pad around, put some more 'milk' on and wipe away my foundation. Then I use a foaming face wash to rid the 'milk' and my face is allll clean :)

I also have this in the wipes packaged in the foil for traveling (or after a night out then I just go to sleep after rinsing off with water :P).

I highly recommend this, just remember to be gentle when you remove makeup, you don't want to create wrinkles! (I was once at Body Shop the lady was removing my concealer so she could try a product on, and geeez she almost scrubbed my skin off with a cotton pad! I don't know how she can work there!)

One more thing! This doesn't remove waterproof mascara (Cover Girl lash blast mascara I'm pointing at you)... I usually have to repeat the wipes and face wash a couple times.. 2 min extra work, hence 1 lippie off