Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.5

on 4/14/2011 4:23:00 PM

This is meant to be for sensitive skin but it made my redness worse and made my skin sting which you wouldn't think a milk cleanser would do. It said no perfume, no alcohol and no colorants on the front and I thought great!! but then after using it I was thinking why is my skin reacting so bad to it and had a look at the ingredients and... it contains sulfates... I've used the Garnier toners before and they work fine with my skin so I had a look at their ingredient list and they don't contain sulfate like this cleanser. I will be sticking to Oil of Olay milk cleanser.

on 12/25/2010 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this product. I have normal to dry skin that reacts to products containing fragrances. I also wear makeup daily and found there were few products I could use to remove makeup thoroughly that didn't cost the earth!
Garnier ticks all the boxes for me, its fragrance free, not too thick in consistency and reasonably priced. I used to use Simple products, which are still brilliant, but their cleaser is a cream and incredibly thick.
When cleaning my face, my usual routine is to use cotton pads to remove the milk. I do find I need to use cetaphil to get rid of the last traces of milk, but if your skin is very dry you could probably skip that step. A little of this product goes a long way too, obviously, if you're wearing heavier makup you just apply more.

Great product! Cleans all make up (and i wear long wearing and a reasonable amount) without tugging, irritating or feeling heavy. Dirt cheap too. Great fro my dry sensitive acne prone skin.

On my third bottle already. This is the best cleanser I have ever used and I hope it'll be around for a long time. I can only use cream/lotion cleansers since my skin always dry up when I try anything else, but most ceam/lotion cleansers simply don't leave your skin feeling clean. This one cleans well and leave skin feeling fresh, doesn't clog pores. My skin has improved since using this cleanser. I apply this all over my face, massage a bit, then remove with toner soaked cotton pads. Lovely. Will keep buying!

on 4/10/2008 10:43:00 PM

this is new to australia. it is a lotion product.
i use it by squirting a bit into my hands then massaging gently all around my face, then gently wiping off with a warm facecloth, using a bit more if necessary around my eyes for eye makeup.
it leaves my skin very soft and smooth and not at all tight or dry. nor does it leave my skin feeling like there's a layer of product left behind, as some cream cleansers do. nor -- finally! -- does it leave an oily residue behind as some makeup removers can (you can tell i've had cleanser issues recently, can't you??)
it also does not irritate, sting or cloud my eyes. the fact it leaves my skin so soft and clean means that when i jump in the shower, i just exfoliate!
this is a lovely, thorough but gentle product thta i will definitely repurchase.
(my skin is fairly normal, only a slight t zone, and if anything getting dryer as i age (36)).

on 2/14/2008 7:33:00 AM

I've already gone through about 4 bottles of this. I stockpiled it when it was on offer at 1.99 in Boots - full price is 4.99 but still comes on offer for around 3 from time to time.

Price aside, this is a truly great cleanser. Very effective at removing make up and leaves skin velvety, soft and glowy and feels lovely to apply - can even be used on eyes with no stinging whatsoever. The toner is great too - I wish they did a day / night cream!

Overall, highly recommended.

on 7/30/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I picked this up at my local drugstore, not knowing what to expect. I was looking for something gentle and moisturising on my slightly dry skin, without any additives, and which also didn't cost me my wallet, which is exactly what I found.
The smell, as advertised, is nonexistent. The consistency is well-balanced, not too thick - which I hate - and not too runny, so it's easy to apply. I love the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturised, with no traces of makeup left under my eyes. Even after the first night I used this, I could feel a major difference in my skin. It felt softer and more supple, which probably linked to there being no colors, perfume or alcohol in the formula. It melts away my makeup so easily, with no residue left behind. I use it as recommended on the bottle, with a flat cotton pad or ball soaked in the milk.
As well as being a makeup remover, it also does wonders for my skin. This cheap, delicate milk cleanser is definitely something I'd recommend and repurchase time over time.

I love this cleanser on my combination skin. Becoming pregnant made my skin extra sensitive and prone to becoming red really easily so I decided to try this before looking at higher end cleansers such as Clinique. I am so glad I tried this first! It has made my skin much clearer and calmed it down significantly so I don't need to wear so much makeup to cover my redness/pimples.
It melts makeup off the face easily with no need to rub - just a few swipes with a cotton pad and your face is completely clean. I apply this to my face with my fingertips and massage in, then remove using a couple of cotton pads. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation on my face which is a pretty heavy duty makeup and this cleanser removes it all with no problem. My skin feels smooth and refreshed afterwards, particularly when I use the matching toner from the same range. I will buy this again and again! Just one point though - I don't tend to use this on my eyes. I use a separate eye makeup remover for that (Olay) as I found the cleanser does sting a little if it gets into your eyes - even though it says you can use it to remove eye makeup. This minor point really doesn't concern me though, given the fab results it has had on my skin!

on 11/25/2010 2:41:00 AM

I have never tried a Milk cleanser before, and considering this came in a pack with both ultralift creams I felt it was a risk free chance to try one. I was wrong there is a risk no where on this product is there a warning saying keep away from eyes, it actually states to use it to remove makeup from face, eyes and neck. If you get this in your eye it is very painful, on top of that im not sure its very good at removing makeup at all. I feel as if I am adding another product to my skin rather then cleaning my skin. I would not suggest use of this product for makeup removal you will just have to wash your face again to remove it anyways. I am going to try and make the most out of this product as it has a nice fragrance and the texture and feeling on the face is quite nice. I think its better suited to a quick morning cleanse rather then a night time dirt of the day removing deep cleanse.

I used this following the directions I soaked a cotton pad and cleaned my face, Is this the right way to use a milk cleanser? perhaps im just not use to cleansers that dont require water and some form of foaming.

If I used this product correctly it is really wrongly labelled as it does none of the things it claims. We will see how it goes for a morning cleanse when I have no product on my face, I think it could be quite quick and a more appropriate use for the product. Although I will still be using a toner as I feel like it leaves a residue or a film on my skin.

on 10/14/2010 7:51:00 PM

This is my first cleanser so I cannot give much opinions on this product from my experiences but I am pretty okay with this. This doesn't break me out, it's really gentle and it doesn't have a heavy fragrance that the usual Garnier products have. I don't use a lot of make up but I use it to clean the dirt and germs etc before I go to bed follow by my moisturizer. It helps to control my blackheads, not too well but definitely an improvement. Definitely a really decent product as far as I know and I might repurchase this.