Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

Garnier Clean Sensitive - Anti Tightness Cleansing Milk

3.7

on 12/25/2010 2:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I adore this product. I have normal to dry skin that reacts to products containing fragrances. I also wear makeup daily and found there were few products I could use to remove makeup thoroughly that didn't cost the earth!
Garnier ticks all the boxes for me, its fragrance free, not too thick in consistency and reasonably priced. I used to use Simple products, which are still brilliant, but their cleaser is a cream and incredibly thick.
When cleaning my face, my usual routine is to use cotton pads to remove the milk. I do find I need to use cetaphil to get rid of the last traces of milk, but if your skin is very dry you could probably skip that step. A little of this product goes a long way too, obviously, if you're wearing heavier makup you just apply more.

on 2/7/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow I'm surprised by the negative feedback here... I'm on my 2nd bottle now and I really like this! I hate oil-based makeup removers and one day I ran into this by chance and I've been using it since.

This is what I do: I slightly dampen a cotton pad with water and put this 'milk' on and then even it out a little bit. Next I press it against my eye lid for ~5 seconds, then *gently* rub away. Repeat a few times or use a cotton tip to remove all the makeup residues. Lastly I turn the cotton pad around, put some more 'milk' on and wipe away my foundation. Then I use a foaming face wash to rid the 'milk' and my face is allll clean :)

I also have this in the wipes packaged in the foil for traveling (or after a night out then I just go to sleep after rinsing off with water :P).

I highly recommend this, just remember to be gentle when you remove makeup, you don't want to create wrinkles! (I was once at Body Shop the lady was removing my concealer so she could try a product on, and geeez she almost scrubbed my skin off with a cotton pad! I don't know how she can work there!)

One more thing! This doesn't remove waterproof mascara (Cover Girl lash blast mascara I'm pointing at you)... I usually have to repeat the wipes and face wash a couple times.. 2 min extra work, hence 1 lippie off

on 3/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What I expect my makeup remover to do is actually take off my eye makeup without me having to rub vigorously and without causing my eyes pain or irritating them. That should not be very difficult, because I never use waterproof mascara or intensely pigmented,dark shadow or anything you would expect being trouble to remove. Well this cleanser here does not deliver that.
First of all, I need ridiculous amounts of cotton and this lotion to remove eye makeup (which is never more than plain mascara, eye shadow and maybe a bit of pencil liner).
Second, I have to rub and rub and in the end I'm always left with residue around my eyes, which is incredibly annoying.
Third, the process makes my eyes sting really bad. Ok, I've seen worse in the past, but this is why I always go for makeup removers that are supposed to be made for sensitive skin. This, even though it falls in the category, leaves my eyes red, teary, irritated and uncomfortable, which I cannot tolerate.
On the plus side, this lotion has a nice, light consistency and feels very cooling to the skin. Also it doesn't seem to break me out at all or cause any discomfort (other than the eye situation I described above of course).
All in all this is a good simple make up remover for any part of my face other than the eyes. However, because most of my makeup is usually around the eye area, this one just doesn't work for me.

on 3/1/2009 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I guess Iíll just have to believe it once and for all that cleansing milks arenít for me. I donít know why, but I find their texture quite off-putting, and I donít feel they leave my face cleansed. I prefer more creamier consistencies (such as Dermalogicaís Ultracalming Cleanser). I used Garnierís Cleansing Milk for a few days, and ended up giving it to a friend. In addition to not liking its texture, it actually seemed to clog my poresÖbroke me out in tiny pimples. It must be the Ethyhexyl Palmitate, which is second on the ingredient list. I also prefer my facial cleanser not to contain so much sulfates as this one. Nice try Garnier, but you didnít get a loyal customer from me with this product.

The most amazing and delicate cleansing milk ever. Leaves skin amazingly clean, soft and delightful. Does not irritate or sting. Truly an amazing product, and basically does not cost anything. Have not finished my bottle yet, but already bought a new one, also because despite the low price it is at times on offer too. I used to hate Garnier, then out of neccesity I happened to change this line. It has changed my life, or at least the life of my skin! If you have dryish but acne\blemish prone skin with irritating little breakouts or similar, try this. Your skin might just be sensitive to most, like mine was.
Definite repurchase!!!

On my third bottle already. This is the best cleanser I have ever used and I hope it'll be around for a long time. I can only use cream/lotion cleansers since my skin always dry up when I try anything else, but most ceam/lotion cleansers simply don't leave your skin feeling clean. This one cleans well and leave skin feeling fresh, doesn't clog pores. My skin has improved since using this cleanser. I apply this all over my face, massage a bit, then remove with toner soaked cotton pads. Lovely. Will keep buying!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally a cheap face cleanser that doesn't make my skin skin feel tight! Outperformed only by Toleriane cleanser-that costs twice as much.

on 2/14/2008 7:33:00 AM

I've already gone through about 4 bottles of this. I stockpiled it when it was on offer at £1.99 in Boots - full price is £4.99 but still comes on offer for around £3 from time to time.

Price aside, this is a truly great cleanser. Very effective at removing make up and leaves skin velvety, soft and glowy and feels lovely to apply - can even be used on eyes with no stinging whatsoever. The toner is great too - I wish they did a day / night cream!

Overall, highly recommended.

on 1/5/2008 3:05:00 PM

Update, didnt like this. I found it to leave a film and be drying at the same time.

Still early days to post a review, but I thought id add the ingredients to p'ville. Note this is similar to Garnier's Clean & Soft cleanser, but this is fragrance free.

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water Lily extract, Rose Flower extract, Acylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Magnesium Laureth Sulphate, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulphate, Magnesium Oleth Sulphate, Peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Diglycolate, Sodium Glycolate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulphate, Sodium Oleth Sulphate, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-15 continued >>