Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

1 review

on 12/19/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after seeing it mentioned in New York Magazine (03/17), backed up by Amazon reviews.

What I'm looking for in a mascara:
- Won't irritate my eyes; I rub them frequently and am prone to itchy/teary eyes.
Experience: this mascara does not irritate my eyes.

- Will stay put on my lashes, and not migrate south and give me raccoon eyes.
Experience: this mascara doesn't move into my under-eye area, or rub off on my fingers (as mentioned, I rub my eyes a lot).

- Won't clump my lashes together.
Experience: I've only ever used Maybelline's pink/green, L'Oreal's original, and now this Isehan. I would say this mascara is the best at not clumping my lashes together. Immediately after applying mascara (after each eye), I then run through my lashes with an old lash brush (left over from a Latisse-type treatment I badgered my mom into buying maybe 25 years ago, while on an international flight and paging through the duty-free magazine). That removes clumps while preserving the extra color and length. I've always done this step- with the Maybelline and the L'Oreal as well- but the Isehan gives me the fewest clumps to begin with, and doesn't cause as many lashes to stick together in the first place.

- Waterproof.
Experience: I tear up very easily (e.g. while yawning) but haven't noticed any darkened tears or smeared mascara. After maybe 10-12 hours of wear, I feel like some of the mascara has worn off (though I don't know where it goes). I half-heartedly wash my face with water and then rub a heavy, oily cream (like, Nivea ... or maybe Vaseline) on my eyes. That is kind of the extent of my makeup removal routine. In my defense, I probably wear mascara once a month, so I've never put in more effort at doing more. This, uh, very basic routine seems to remove the mascara? I look normal/mascara-free by the time I shower the next morning, anyway.

- Lengthens and/or curls.
Experience: to be honest, while I research drugstore/K-beauty options to death, I feel like I don't wear mascara enough to have fine perceptions of how MUCH better my lashes look, or ought to look. All I can say is (apart from the four more important requirements listed above) that my lashes look quite a bit longer ... but in a natural way. I don't think it really adds much curl, but then again, I don't use a curler, so that's not exactly surprising.

Overall, I think it's pretty flattering. I would probably repurchase (I know you're supposed to replace mascara every three months or so, but ... er ... I'm 35 and I'm on my third tube of mascara ... so who knows when I *actually* will. Wow, on second thought, please DON'T do that math). Please note that I bought this off Amazon, knowing that it would take a few weeks to arrive. So for people who replace their mascara more frequently than I do (which is to say, probably, everyone), build in that wait-time.