Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.4

on 12/11/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I can actually wear mascara! That's right - I'd all about given up on mascara. I have stubborn straight and sparse lashes that will hold a curl for all of 5 seconds. No mascara would keep the curl and always leave raccoon eyes barely half an hour later.

I didn't want to believe it (oh, those romantic fluttery lashes of manga dreams!) so I tried mascara after mascara. High end, drugstore and everything in between. Even the Asian brands didn't work - Shiseido, Shu, ZA, Fibrewig, tried em all. The only one that performed half decently was Maybelline's waterproof Sky High Curves and even then, I had to constantly touch up as the smudges were inevitable. (Waterproof mascara is waterproof, not OIL-proof and that's the problem with ladies like me with oily eyelids)

Then I read the rave reviews of Heroine Make and tried it. Oh Holy Grail - tis the best Christmas present I could ever give myself. It didn't just hold the curl, it actually made the curl BETTER - longer and fluttery. Couldn't. Believe. My. Eyes. The curl held all day (I kept touching them and looking at myself in the mirror all day. Amazeballs!)

Yes, there was a wee bit of smudging after half a day but nothing that a little wipe couldn't fix and nothing like the smudge monsters of the past. Yes, it's hard to remove but seriously, am I about to complain when it works like a dream?

This is it. My mascara for life.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is the only mascara that I've used a second tube of. I usually have a few on rotation and never go back to the same one twice but this is the exception.

I bought this in Japan (for less than 800 yen I think). I'm Asian and my lashes are long but straight. This can curl my lashes without an eyelash curler and holds it that way all day. It also gives me false lash like length and separates my lashes to give me the long, fluttery lashes that I love!

Volume wise it's not fantastic and it dries so quickly that you cannot really layer it to build volume without getting spider lashes. Also, because it has little fibres, if you get it in your eye it irritates and pricks at your eyelid until you wipe it away (so annoying!). This is easily avoidable by not getting the brush right into the roots of the lashes.

The packaging is cute but a bit cheap looking. The wand, however is fantastic. It's a bristle type wand that is curved and very fine, perfect for getting every last lash!

This does not budge! I have applied this at 5:30am and come back home at 11:30pm and it hasn't smudged or flaked. I've also worn it overnight and while my eye makeup creases, this has not moved. It's incredibly difficult to remove - I've tried warm water, cleansing oils and micellar solutions with no luck. The only thing that I've found effective is the Isehan mascara remover that comes in a top-to-toe pink tube - it's an oil that you apply with a wand and it gently dissolves this mascara so that all you have to do is wipe it off gently and it come away without any tugging or worse, loss of lashes!

An absolute favourite of mine and I have and will continue to repurchase.

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 11/17/2017 8:23:00 AM

YES, my search for a smudge-proof lengthening mascara is over!
I have finally found a mascara that doesn't smudge on me yet lengthens my short eyelashes.
I have tried so many mascaras from Maybelline, Loreal, Urban Decay and Benefit and they have all been wasted since I couldn't use them without getting dark smudgy eyes. Benefit They're Real does last a decent amount of time but if I forget and touch my lashes/eyes, they smudge too. For the record, my eyelids and outer corners get quite oily throughout the day so mascaras and eyeliners do smudge anyway.

But this mascara is AMAZING compared to those I've tried. It lengthens my lashes without clumping them up at all. Also, the wand is really really easy to use and thin enough to get those inner lashes.

What I love most is that this mascara does not budge at all throughout the day. Once it dries, it is there to stay! I have touched my lashes non stop and it does not smudge, not even a little! I even took a long nap in it and it didn't create that grey ring under my eyes. It comes off easily with a waterproof eye makeup remover or with really hot water while you're showering!

The packaging feels quite light and cheap (almost) but I don't mind it at all since the formula is so gooooooooddddd.

Might want to try their volume & curl version to see what's the difference too. Love the formula!!!

on 11/26/2015 4:09:00 PM

I have both the lengthening and volumizing versions..but i gotta say that i'm not very impressed with them. For the volumizing one, i can hardly see any volume added on my lashes...i can literally sit there and apply 10 layers and there will be not much difference. For the other version, yah it lengthens a bit but nothing incredible...and they both do not hold curls that well. Just didn't understand all the good reviews.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Holy Grail mascara. For five years (since I started using it), I have not found a match for its efficacy. It holds curl perfectly, does not smudge or flake, and seems to last forever. A godsend for stubborn lashes with a tendency to droop.

Its obtainability might be a problem for some. As an Australian consumer, I have to look online to buy this Japanese product. I personally go to sasa.com or eBay. Due to its cult-status and immense popularity, it's often sold out.

Its price is fair, but not great. With shipping and handling, one tube costs about $20. I use it liberally, so perhaps it will only last two months. But cheaper (still) than many mascaras.

The packaging is a gaudy hot pink, with cursive font, and a black cap. :( Enough has been said.

It is rather hard to remove, unless a potent waterproof eye makeup remover is used, such as L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover For Eyes, which I have been using forever.

Despite the above "cons" however, I still buy Heroine Make Long and Curl again and again. If it was ever discontinued, I would be absolutely devastated. It is that effective and that much of a necessity to my makeup routine.

I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have short, straight asian lashes that doesn't hold a curl but this mascara just makes my eyes look bigger and makes my lashes actually visible. It does dry pretty quickly, so you have to brush through it quickly if you want to build intensity, but its good because it doesn't transfer onto your lids. It does make my short lashes much longer as well (long enough to be visible) and it holds curls sooooo well! No other mascara I've ever used (and its quite many) held a curl like this did. I curl my lashes with shu uemura's lash curler which is heated by a hair dryer; this step is also a contributing factor to extra curly lashes and then I apply generous coats, combing through it quickly to have nice feathery lashes. My lashes stay curled for 14 hours without any signs of drooping! (I'm not sure if it lasts more than that because I don't wear my make up for more than 14hours max). It is also VERY waterproof and does not flake or smear or give me panda eyes like many mascaras do. My HG mascara definitely! Many complain about it being tough to remove, which I agree partially, because all waterproof mascaras I've used are difficult to remove and this is indifferent. That also means that it won't come off your eyes during the day easily, right? I love love love this and will definitely repurchase when I'm done with it!

on 8/12/2018 11:02:00 PM

This mascara is amazing! I just bought my second tube. It does a great job lengthening my lashes with two coats. It lasts all day without smudging or flaking.

on 7/16/2015 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After trying so many mascaras over the years, this has been one that I have repurchased again and again. It is great at creating long lashes, especially layered over a volumizing mascara. The tube lasts a long time and the content doesn't dry out fast like some of the mascaras out there.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

EDITED 9/9/2015:
After using this tube daily for a year, it's still going strong, but I'm not as big of a fan of it as I was before, probably because it's sorta time to replace it. It does hold my curl a little better, than most mascaras, but after I put my glasses on, honestly, no one can tell I have mascara on. HG? Prob not.
----
I've long been a fan of Maybelline's Full 'n Soft Mascara. In fact, It's the only mascara I used (I've bought 4-5 tubes, waterproof & regular combined) before I discovered Heroine Make. With the Full 'n Soft, I liked the results I got from the regular, but the waterproof was lacking compared to the regular formula. BUUT, that meant that I would have to look at the weather to determine if I should wear regular/waterproof mascara. Either way, it ends up smudged on my under-eye area. (Not saying that Heroine Make doesn't smudge--it does)

For $14 a tube on eBay (2x the price of Maybelline), I was hesitant to try the cult favorite, especially since it's for length (I have super long eyelashes, so I usually gravitate volumizing mascaras). But in Tokyo, where I'm living now, it's a much more reasonable �1,000. Still more expensive than the Maybelline & other mascaras, but OH SO WORTH IT!! The before/after difference is incredible & what I LOVE LOVE LOVE is its ABILITY TO HOLD MY EYELASH CURL. The application is also super easy with the curved brush, which only select mascaras have.

The ONLY COMPLAINT I have is it's slight stubbornness. I use DHC's cleansing oil (basically olive oil) to remove my make-up and it'll come off, but it is necessary to patiently scrub for a bit longer than I otherwise would.

Overall amazing product I can see myself buying over a lifetime. You'll never go back to that Maybelline sh*t ever again. The difference is so big you wouldn't believe it. There's definitely room for improvement, but this is as close to mascara perfection as you'll get.