Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long
Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make LongKiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make LongKiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

4.4

on 5/18/2018 5:53:00 AM

I've used and loved this mascara for years, it gives me the longest, curliest lashes all day long without flaking. I've always purchased this from eBay or Amazon as I live in the UK.

Unfortunately... the last few mascaras that I've received seem to be a totally different formula. When I take the wand out of the tube, the formula stays attached to the wand like string! It's the strangest thing... When I apply to my lashes I just don't get the same effect any more. I thought I'd just received a dud the first time but I've ordered three now and they've all been the same.

This was my HG and I'm absolutely gutted!! It was my absolute favourite.

Now I have to go on the hunt for a new waterproof, curl-holding, lash lengthening genius product so that my mascara dreams can come alive again. I'll be trying the Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof first.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bought this after reading many reviews. I love it! It perfectly defines my (already very long) lashes, and doesn't wear off like other brands. Makes my eyes stand out as if I was born that way, hah! Throwing out the Blinc and Clinique mascaras that I try to layer to get a big impact but natural look.

on 10/25/2017 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara. Thanks to contacts my eyes water and I rub them a lot. This does not budge. It even survives intense cardio sweat sessions. It is difficult to remove but an oil based cleanser does the trick. Apparently there is a remover for this mascara but I’ve not tried it. My only criticism is I have to buy it via Amazon UK or eBay. Although delivery through them from Japan is pretty quick

on 7/20/2017 7:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First things first: Holy smokes, is it hard to take off this mascara! The advantage of this is that it does not smudge during the day, which, when living in a humid environment, is a common complaint. However, I am one of those people who find it impossible to apply mascara without getting some on my eyelid (probably because my lashes are so damn pale). So, already, getting those stains off is annoying. On top of that, removing it at the end of the day is a whole adventure quest, so it seems. No makeup remover I have tried works - at most, a few small flakes come off. Coconut oil and olive oil work to a degree, but it takes a good 15 minutes (!!) of gently rubbing before there's any success, and even then I feel like I lose so many lashes and there is definitely some mascara left the next morning. What has worked best for me to remove it is jojoba oil, but even so, I can't be bothered to go through the whole process every time, frankly. So no repurchasing just for this fact.

Otherwise, it is a pretty decent mascara. Very black, does give some length, alright at curling the lashes, but no added volume. Personally I do not see what makes this an HG mascara, but if you are looking for something super long lasting, not too expensive, and that is not overly dramatic, check it out. (But good luck getting it off.)

on 11/9/2016 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My lashes: straight, fairly short and sparse, oily lids, eyes that tend to water quite a bit.
I always wear waterproof mascaras, partly because my eyes water easily, and partly because only waterproof mascaras can hold a curl in my lashes. With most mascaras I can literally see my lashes straighten out immediately on application - they make a little wah-waaah sad trombone sound and deflate, pretty much. I have worn Max Factor Masterpiece WP for years and years, because it holds the curl, gives nice separation and used to perform reliably well. Lately that has begun smudging under my eyes, though, probably due to some combination of oily lids and perhaps a formula change.

So I switched to this mascara, after coming across recommendations saying that it was a really good one for holding a curl in stubborn lashes. And it is! It holds a curl better than Masterpiece WP, actually. It also gives quite a bit of volume and length, it separates reasonably well if you're careful about wiping off all the excess product from the wand and it can be built up some, too. There is no smudging at all on me, and I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil daily, which takes it off without problems. I ordered mine from a Japanese Ebay retailer that I order sunscreens and things from every now and then, and it was very reasonably priced, too; the same price level as drugstore mascaras where I am.

The only issue I have with it is that the wand picks up about ten times as much product as I want, so I have to do a lot of wiping, and I don't love curved mascara wands in general. I kind of miss the silicone wand of MF Masterpiece. The excellent performance of this mascara is worth the hassle, though. I will repurchase.

on 9/24/2016 7:30:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! I have longer very straight lashes, and this is the only this that will keep any curl for a significant amount of time. I've tried quite a few high end, mid range, and drug store mascaras, but I will most likely keep sticking with this.

The only downside is that it can get clumpy if you apply a lot, but I've always used a clean spoolie to separate my lashes after mascara application since I like them to look more 'fluttery,' and the spoolie works fine as long as I don't let it dry too much. Also the little fibers have irritated my contacts before, but a lot of mascaras have done that, and this one isn't too bad with it.

I also keep looking up throughout the day cause I can feel my lashes hit my brown bone when I look up! I've only ever felt that with falsies!

on 4/3/2016 6:54:00 PM

Yes, yes, yes I would repurchase. This actually does lengthen and add curl, and even adds more than a wee bit of volume. It gives me the kind of curly long doll lashes. I love the formula, you can see tiny fibers, but they are very controllable. I really love the small curled brush, it is comfortable to use and you can really get in to your lash base with it. It is also pretty easy to purchase on Amazon, despite being from Japan.

The biggest con is that it is hard to get off. Seriously, the wear of this stuff is no joke. Which is great during the day, but kind of scary at night. I usually use jojoba oil and let it sit. I have to wipe and reapply the oil the few times. So for that reason, I don't use it daily. Another mild con is that it does not really play well with other mascaras, it gets a little clumpy with layerIng. But it has enough of an impact on its own, so no big deal.

Can't wait to try the volume and curl, but for now, this is probably my favorite mascara!

Dec 2016 edit and add on: the volume version is not as good as this one, it clumps. The mascara remover that Heroine Make has works very well at removing this, I highly recommend purchasing it with the mascara.

on 2/27/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a rambling email to my friend about mascaras recently, and here's what I sent her:

"heroine make long & curl super waterproof = it should go home. It is drunk.

Like a creamy version of Benefit they're real! except it holds a curl better, doesn't dry out in the tube as quick and has fibres to lengthen your lashes.

I wore it for 14 hours then came home and worked out and sweated all my makeup off except that mascara and STILL IT HELD THE CURL PERFECTLY like what?!??

It's also like $5 in Japan. Only downside is that it's nightmare level to get off"

Here's how I use it:

1. Curl your lashes
2. If you have a heated lash curler, use that now! If not, who cares? This mascara will do that work for you.
3. Apply first coat of mascara, concentrate on the roots.
4. Second coat, as normal, but concentrate on the tips and outer edge in particular.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY MASCARA AND *THEN* CURL YOUR LASHES. That is asking for a disaster! There is a chance, even if the mascara seems to have dried, that your lashes will be tugged by the curler and they may tear. Please, please don't risk it.

Anyway, my lashes are very straight and are a real pain to get them to keep a curl. Japanese mascaras have been great IME, but this one is still the best.

Last time I used this mascara, I got a compliment from a colleague who used to work for MAC, she thought I was wearing nice falsies.

My only complaint is that it can be hard to get off, but if you buy the remover as well you'll not have any issues at all. Unlike the Benefit They're Real! Remover, that remover actually works. Another thing that works is oil cleansing.

Seriously. My workouts are total sweatfests but this stays put.

This is made of magic and miracles and I highly recommend this product.

on 6/16/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used this a few times now, but after just the first use, I knew this had become my HG mascara. Blows everything else I've ever used out of the water.

Pros:
- Cute packaging (doesn't really have anything to do with product quality, but I'm a sucker for it)
- SERIOUSLY long-lasting. I wore this to a concert where I sweated like mad and had water splashed on my face and it didn't budge.
- Incredible lash definition without being clumpy or spidery. I have long lashes to begin with so this stuff really does make me look like a manga heroine, haha. If you're looking for volume or curl you'll probably be disappointed in this product (I haven't used it with an eyelash curler yet so I can't say how it holds up,) but if you just want crazy long lashes, this is for you.
- Cheaper than most higher-end mascaras. I got a double pack that came with the mascara and a makeup remover and it was still less than Lancome Definicils with shipping (and works better.)

Cons:
- This could be a good or bad thing, but this stuff does not come off without heavy-duty makeup remover, even after face washing. My Boots makeup remover basically did nothing to it, though I did have more luck with makeup removing wipes. I recommend getting the version of this product that comes with its own makeup remover if you can find it.
- Since it's a Japanese product, it can be a little more difficult to find and may take a bit longer to get to you since it usually has to ship from SE Asia. I bought mine on Ebay.

Bottom line: buy it immediately.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is perfectly acceptable, but it didn't impress me.

It didn't lengthen my eyelashes by much, or curl them at all, and they don't look any thicker. The only perceptible difference in my lashes after applying was they were a little bit darker. It doesn't burn my eyes or smudge, but it does seem to flake a little.

The price is good, the packaging is cute, it's long-wearing and very waterproof, but the difference for me is not at all dramatic. (I like the natural look, but my eyelashes are very light and my eyes are dark, so I need a very black mascara to balance.)

Then again, I'm not in the target demographic for this particular mascara. :)