Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Mascara and I have a very casual relationship. I always get seduced by its cute packaging and convincing label, we go out a couple times and have an amazing time and, sooner or later, it totally screws me over and I'm left looking like a fool with clumpy lashes and raccoon eyes thinking, "where did it all go wrong?!".

This is why I don't use mascara all that often. It always looks so unnatural and tacky on me. Not so with Long and Curl!

I have Asian lashes that can hold an amazing curl for all of five minutes, after which they magically revert to their stick-straight, natural form. Long and Curl can give me this almost insane curl. I have pretty big eyes to begin with, so Long and Curl gives me ridiculously amazing eyes that pop. I can skip eyeliner with this on, it's that good.

I only need two coats of this and I'll be set for the day. You need to apply them quickly, though. The mascara sets pretty fast. It's also really natural looking. I have never had clumpy lashes using this. Save for the ridiculous curling action, this mascara looks pretty natural.

One lippie off for being incredibly difficult to take off. (Although, if you look at it more positively, this mascara is incredibly long-lasting and doesn't budge).

on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

on 3/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have used this mascara since the summer of 2014 and am finishing up my third tube. My rating is really a 4.5, because it doesn't surpass YSL's Waterproof Faux Cils performance-wise. It's not as volumizing or build-able, but it also doesn't cost $30 a tube or dry out in 1.5 months.

This mascara comes in really girly black and pink packaging, which I like. The lettering doesn't wear off after months of usage, too! Impressive. The brush wand is curved and is good at reaching all your lashes. My one criticism is that there's a lot of product at the tip which should be removed for best results, but this is not a big deal for me.

Performance-wise, it's very good at lengthening the lashes with fibers and holding a curl. As an Asian lady with straight as a pole eyelashes & a religious adherent to eyelash curlers, I can tell you that there's NOTHING in the American drug-stores that is remotely comparable to this mascara. It lasts all day with no smudging and very minimal flaking. I do not have problems removing this mascara as I use oil cleansers and an oil-based eye makeup remover at the end of the day when I choose to wear makeup.

It's easy to purchase this from eBay! I usually get it for $11 - $14 a tube. As a side note, I have also tried the Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara and I think this one is better.

I do not recommend this mascara for people who have really nice lashes in the first place. This was made by a Japanese company for an Asian consumer base and our lashes are usually short and do not hold a curl unless the mascara is waterproof.

However if you are tired of purchasing mascaras that causes your lashes to droop after curling them with eyelash curlers, please give this a try! You won't regret it.

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 5/30/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

CosDNA: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_7e22183252.html

Official page: http://www.isehan.co.jp/heroine/items/point/mascara/1144/

Price: 1080yen

Pros:
- very long staying power
- noticeably longer lashes
- cute simple bottle with a curved brush
- this worked wonderfully for my mother-in-law; long, full, curly lashes that made her eyes look amazing

Cons:
- this was my first mascara with fibre bits so it wasn't really what I expected; personally didn't like the fibres holding so much product in the brush
- I might have gotten an older bottle or something because it was really dry and clumpy when I bought it; ended up adding a few drops of eye drops to fix it
- got some clumps in my lashes which can be fixed by going over it with a clean brush afterwards
- I didn't notice much of a curl but I have very straight and stiff lashes :( so the moral is YMMV

on 5/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

This is a review for the Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Jet Black. This is the one in the fuchsia tube with a black cap, and gold writing. I recently went on a trip to Japan and bought several tubes as gifts, as well as for myself.

First of all, the pricing was fair. It was I believe 8000 yen or around $8 for a tube. There is a regular version and a waterproof version, so I just picked the one with the blue dot and kanji on it, hoping that it meant waterproof in Japanese. It's a simple design with a slim tube. I like the packaging with the girl. It's rather cutesy.

As for the product itself, it has to be the most perfect mascara formula out there. The brush is weird though. It's a wand that curls and the mascara is goopy at the end. This mascara holds a curl all day, will not budge, gives you length, some volume, and the black is not too black or not to dull. The winning quality would be that it does not budge. At the end of a long day of work, a date, and maybe some late fun, it still looks like it is freshly applied. It is important to have a high-quality eye makeup remover. I use Neutrogena's or Mary Kay, but even with that, it can be hard to remove. I make sure to use a q-tip to apply Vaseline to my lashes to get the remaining mascara off. I wish that this mascara would be on the shelves of CVS or Walgreens, but with the wonderful internet, you can find this mascara for around 12 bucks on Amazon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have only used this product twice, so I will re edit if anything changes....this mascara is amazing...it blows Fiberwig out of the water. I got it from Adamsbeauty for a super price (do not recall the price) and got two of them, both WP, one is called long and curl and the other is volume and curl. The volume one does volumize slightly more, but not enough to buy one over the other, imo. Yes, I have both opened at the same time...I resisted for weeks, because I had so many other new fresh mascaras opened, but my curiosity killed it for me...the first day I wore it, my lashes were so long they touched my eyelids and I do not have that long lashes, it is the fibers! What I love about this mascara is the uncanny ability to add seperation, whereas Fiberwig just made a big mess of my lashes, and they had a split endy looking thing going on, lol....no one has commented about the length yet but I think they look long and nice... This mascara also held a curl for me all day long, which was amazing considering how long they were looking, I expected them to droop throughout the day. definite repurchase for me! So glad I took a chance on this stuff...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OMG this mascara is amazing!!! it holds up my curl and doesnt clump my eyelashes. and for those of you who are wondering how to get this off, you should try removing it with a baby oil, works really well for me. hope this helps!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Nice mascara if you like the natural look. I prefer my mascara quite thick and voluminous which this mascara did neither of. Because of the fibers I found it hard to layer and it did not keep my lashes curled, which is understandable cause I have thin weak asian lashes but it also didn't make them longer. It did keep every single lash separated, has a dark pigment and doesn't smudge which was nice. But not what I'm looking for.

on 4/19/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for Heroine Make Long & Curl Super Waterproof mascara
For the first time in my life, I found a masacara that can hold my eyelash. This thing is the shiz.

My profile:
Oily lids, Sensitive eye, Long, sparse, straight down asian eyelashes.
I've tried loreal, maybelline, guerlain, kevin aucoin, clinique mascaras, none works. They all either feels heavy (makes me sleepy), melt after a couple hours, leaving me with raccoon eyes and broken fibres everywhere.

So usually, when I put on any mascara right after curling, my eyelash drops into straight line within 3 minutes. Then I had to wait till it dries up, re-curl them again, and generally end up with a semi destroyed spidery eyelash. hence why I haven't bothered with mascara for a very long time.

Well, not until a week ago when I pick up Heroine Make Long & Curl mascara.
Paired with Panasonic heated eyelash curler ( Panasonic EH-2331PP), this mascara made me stare at my eyelash all day long (I seriously never seen anything that successfully curls & hold my eyelash before).

Pros:
- Dries quickly
- Lightweight
- Waterproof and oil proof (no pandas)
- Holds your curl all day long
- The brush is smaller than western mascaras (my eyes are small & narrow)
- Doesn't clump
- Doesn't break
- Doesn't irritate my eyes
- Cheap. $12 AUD at Rakuten. Heck any drugstore mascara is at least $19 in Australia

Cons:
- Nada, its perfect

I'm able to remove it easily with Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remove & cotton pads (the oily type).
Soak the cotton pad with a little bit of the eye remover, pinch (don't pull!) for about 20-30 seconds, then release. I massaged my eyelash veeery gently with the pad to remove remaining mascara.
I'm going to get Heroine make's mascara remover though, hopefully it'll make removing even easier.

Tips for buying:
get it from Rakuten global, they are generally around $11-12 AUD. Choose sellers that will do SAL / small packet service, EMS services are rather expensive.
Or get it from sasa, but they charge about $15 plus shipping.