Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

3.3

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am forever on the hunt for a mascara that NEVER smudges under my eyes.
This is not it.
I have deep set eyes and if I laugh a lot my eyes crinkle up into crescents, and this will be smudge central.
I also have long lashes that curl up, but they are blonde - I just want them to be darker so you can see them.
It is better than most, and smudging is minimal, but for this price - I bought it at 0035mm in New York - I expected more.

However, on the plus side, this is waterproof - I have even worn it to the beach and the pool and it did not run down my face or turn my lashes into one giant lash. For most people, it would probably be fine.
Another plus: it is very black. I can put the tiniest amount on and it does the trick for me.

It is a bit wet, which is good and bad - if I am applying at my leisure, I can wipe the excess off the wand and be fine.
Most smudgeproof waterproof mascara dries out FAST and starts to get flakey and clumpy- and this has not, which means I am still using it. I am not crazy about the wand - it is hard to get the tiny lashes at the corner of my eyes.

on 4/26/2018 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Coming from a makeup enthusiast, this is simply the worst mascara I have ever bought. I have to say it does last without smudging, and for that it is commendable. But it is otherwise a really lousy mascara which hardly gives length or volume.

on 2/23/2018 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This makes my short dark lashes look like I have false ones one.

Curl my lashes and putting a light coat will not pull my lashes out the curl. It doesn't take too long to dry, so adding another coat makes my lashes look boom. Worn with contacts I had no irritation.

However I will not buy this again. Getting this stuff off is a mission in trying to keep my lashes... this will stay long after I want to part with it. Apparently there is a remover from the same company so I would suggest buying this at the same time. I didn't. I got around this by using an oil cleanser on a clean mascara wand. Comb through my lashes and leave for a few minutes whilst I cleanse the rest of my face. Then I will place a cotton pad with oil cleanser on placed over my closed eyes and lightly wiggle the mascara off. It worked so that I kept My lashes but it was too much work for me. I stopped reaching for it and then the 3months were up and I dumped it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was hoping beyond hope this would be "the one" for me because of so many great reviews. I like my lashes long, very well defined and separated. I cannot stand lashes that stick together at all. I think if I were a little less picky about that, this might be great for me. However, this is not destined to be my HG mascara and I must keep searching.

What I like:
Waterproof- For real! This mascara works well for humid environments, allergy eyes, crying, swimming, etc. Once it's on, it's on. No smudging, no flakes through the day. You have to really work to get this stuff off.

Lengthening- Provides amazing length, even with one coat.

Curling- I curl my lashes before I apply, so I don't know if it creates curl, but it definitely holds the curl until you take it off.

Minimal clumping

Extremely dark black color

What I don't like:
A little too waterproof - As I said, it's a LOT of work to get this off. Soap & water doesn't budge it, using eye makeup remover "normally" (with cotton ball or pad) doesn't budge it. I almost gave up and spent the $ to get the Isehan remover...but I figured out a way to do it. ***See my method following this post, it might work for you too!

Application issues- It's pretty thick, and even though I scrape the excess before I apply, it still applies too thick and makes some of my lashes stick together. This stuff dries super quick, so if you're going to separate you have to work at lightning speed after applying the mascara. Once this stuff dries it's hard to separate lashes even using a safety pin.
I haven't been able to get good results with more than one coat. This may be because I like separated lashes, but after more than one coat I find the lashes stick together even more and I end up with those little mascara balls in the middle and ends of the lashes. It's hard to get rid of them because the stuff dries so fast.

Here's how I get this stuff off with Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover-
1)Dip a cotton swab in makeup remover (dab off excess). Apply to lashes. I swipe downward a couple times on the top side of each lash, then swipe up a few times on the underside like I'm applying mascara. I switch the the other side of swab and dip, dab, and apply to the other eyelash. You should see a little bit of blackness on the swab after this process is done.

2)Use a mascara spoolie to comb through each eyelash multiple times, again as if you were applying mascara. I use those plastic/rubbery disposable ones. The goal here is to work the remover in and through the lashes, making sure you get each lash thouroghly covered. You will notice the spoolie is getting black and little balls of mascara might be coming off. Quickly proceed to step 3.

3)Wash face. I use a makeup removing facewash, and wash it twice. Your eyelashes should be clean at this point. You may have smudging on your skin, so just clean that up with eyemakeup remover and you're done.

If this doesn't work for you the first time, please keep trying til you figure out how to make it work for you. I swear, before I did this I was left with tons of mascara on my lashes , even if I swiped on remover with cotton balls/pad first. Now that I'm doing this, my lashes come out clean every time.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Really disappointed with this mascara. Bought it off amazon (paid extortionate postage charge tot he UK) after the reviews on MUA. It was pretty expensive altogether for such a small mascara so I was expecting amazing results.

It gave me very average lashes, didn't lengthen at all. Maybe there's some special method to using this mascara? If there is, PLEASE let me know someone.

I'm not a fan of water-proof mascaras anyway, they're hard to take off and rip out my lashes. I'll probably keep this for next summer when I go to the beach.

on 11/19/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I use this mascara everyday. It applies nicely and I find it keeps my eyelashes soft and they are growing nicely. I actually find my eyelashes longer and fuller now without any mascara than I did before. This mascara stays on ALL DAY and it's important that it does not flake off for me. I wear glasses and with other mascara's I would have black flakes all over my lenses at the end of the day. Kiss Me Heroine Make long and curl mascara stays on (no black smudges under your eyes or drips in the corners), works great and keeps my lashes soft. After using this mascara I definitely will not use another brand ever again.

I will only repurchase THIS mascara. I LOVE IT!

on 9/15/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this in a swap, as it is very difficult to get a hold of in the continental U.S.. The brush is curved, which is fine, I have no preference for brush shape, only brush material. It is a traditional mascara brush, not a silicone/rubber brush. The formula is thin and does not clump. It lengthens well, and it does hold a curl. It does not thicken much, but it does separate the lashes well.

The most remarkable thing about this mascara is the staying power. It is nothing short of incredible. It is stronger than waterproof mascaras, and quite frankly, is a real pain to remove if you don't use the specific Kiss Me remover that is made for this mascara. It doesn't flake, smudge, smear, or move from your lashes until you very deliberately take it off.

I will use this when I need mascara with unusually high staying power, but not for day to day use, as it is simply too difficult to remove. Might repurchase, if I could also get the remover to go with it.

on 8/28/2010 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow guys, you weren't kidding when you said it does NOT come off! That's actually the reason I bought this, one for me and one for my mom. We both like it a lot. It's very wet, which I normally don't like, but it still does what I want. It takes a lot of brushing through for me, in order to seperate my lashes and give them that extreme length. It's not clumpy, just goopy, so you'll need to work with it. I already have long lashes but this made them go PAST my eyebrows. It was actually a little annoying because they were getting tangled in my bangs and brows. But amazingly, it didn't flake! Didn't smudge! Didn't come off when I washed my face! I was expecting it to at least get a little spider lashy after getting all wet, but they just fanned right out again! I'm really happy with this. I had stopped wearing mascara because they all left black flakes on my face, which would melt into my foundation and be impossible to clean up without doing my face over. Now I don't need to worry. And my mom likes it because now she can run out of the house early in the morning and still have mascara on from the day before! I'm buying a tube for my sister to see if she likes it when she goes scuba diving. Payed 23$ for two on ebay. A+