Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.5

on 5/25/2018 10:28:00 PM

I absolutely adore this mascara, it's my HG. I rarely use anything else.
I have fine, straight eyebrows that are poorly visible when looking straight ahead. When I'd curl my lashes in the past, they'd droop as the day wore on. This mascara holds a curl like none other - it looks the same at the end of 13-hour shifts at work as it does when I start, never smears or droops. It is also practically bulletproof once it's dry - it never runs even when crying or using contact lens re-wetting drops. I do have to use a biphasic make-up remover to get it off, but if you soak the cotton pad and hold it over your lashes for a few seconds, it wipes off easily and gently.
It's a fibre-type mascara so it truly does lengthen the appearance of your lashes, after 2 coats it looks amazing. People genuinely comment on my lashes and ask if I'm wearing falsies! The wand has a spoolie brush that is curved so it fans your eyelashes out as you apply.
As the cherry on the top, it retails for around £8 in Japan and is still quite cheap to order online. I also like the cartoonish aspect of the packaging, although the mascara tube itself is simply black and silver.

The only downside is that near the 3 month mark, it dries out in the tube and loses its effectiveness. You are supposed to replace mascara every 3 months anyway so it's not all bad.

Love, love, LOVE this mascara!

on 3/10/2018 9:07:00 PM

This is for the "Long and Curl Mascara" in water proof version:

Pros:
1. AMAZING staying power. Cry your eyes out, rub your eyes-- this mascara will stay in its place and will not flake
2. Does not clump-- I put on two coats of this mascara and my lashes looked like mine, but BETTER (I also use the "long" version of this mascara together with this to lengthen)
3. Color is beautiful
4. Will hold curl on my short, lifeless and straight Asian eyelashes. Curled my lashes and applied this mascara-- my lashes were PERFECT the entire day

Cons:
1. One of the main ingredients of this mascara is talc and I wish that the company would innovate to change this, because there's no reason why any cosmetics in 2018 should contain talc (check out ewg.org for toxins in our cosmetics)
2. Can be a bit drying on the lashes over time (I moisturize my lashes with a mix of coconut/jojoba/castor or sometimes even EVO every night to combat dry and brittle lashes)

All in all, despite the ingredient, this is THE mascara for me. This is my HG and one I've loved for over a decade. For people complaining about difficulty in removal of this product, the same company also sells eyemakeup remover which can also be used to remove lip makeup or makeup in general. I buy mine from either local Japanese stores, when I travel overseas, or Yesstyle.com (when I buy online, I buy them when they're on sale for around $8-10).

on 1/13/2018 11:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This review is for the Long & Curl Waterproof version:

I have fairly straight eyelashes and I LOVE this waterproof mascara! I always use an eyelash curler (my favorite is the Japonesque pink plastic one that looks really cheap but it's fantastic!) and there are 2 mascaras I've found that create nice, full, long lashes and KEEP MY LASHES CURLED ALL DAY - this one and the Maybelline Waterproof Lash Sensational. So yep, this one keeps lashes curled and doesn't clump - it has a nice, simple brush that creates full, lengthy lashes that last all day and night.
And the absolute best waterproof mascara remover is this brand, in the pink plastic bottle (or you can get it in the pink mascara wand, which I use daily and refill with the pink bottle). There's nothing else I've found like this brand of remover - doesn't blur my eyes, doesn't sting at all, and it actually removes the mascara effortlessly.

on 12/27/2017 12:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Favourite mascara for natural looking lashes!
The most water-proof, smudgeproof, and non-flaking mascara I have EVER used.

on 12/10/2017 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

LOVE this mascara!! It's waterproof, and it glides on seamlessly, leaving my very straight lashes curled and beautiful! The other mascara that works well for my naturally straight lashes is the waterproof version of the Maybelline Lash Sensational. These are the 2 that work well for me after using the fabulous Japenesque "Go Curl" plastic eyelash curler - this eyelash curler is perfect! Super easy to use, light weight (looks really cheap IMO) but it is the absolute best!

Highly recommend this Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. It doesn't budge and it doesn't clump. Is easily removed using the Heroine Make mascara remover. I've read reviews that state that this remover only works well with the Heroine Make brand mascara but really, it works great on other waterproof mascaras as well. All brands that I've tried. AND it's doesn't sting my eyes which is unusual. Doesn't make my eyesight blurry either so it's just pretty much amazing mascara remover and I've tried so many brands.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best waterproof mascara I've ever used. I swam in it and didn't have any black under my eyes. I have fairly oily skin so most waterproof mascaras just smudge on me and then are impossible to get off. On my second tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The most hardcore waterproof, smudgeproof, sleep-proof, rub-proof, ****proof mascara I have ever tried lol. Keeps lashes curled and stays on all day.

Recommended for weddings, extreme rain, sad movies, and sleeping at school.

In terms of the price, I would say it's relatively affordable. A lot of "drugstore" Japanese mascaras seem to be around $8-10USD in Japan, including this one. Unfortunately the prices online will bit a bit more expensive but still less than mascaras at Sephora.

Bloody. Amazing. Everything about this mascara is great - the applicator, the formula, the fact that it both volumises and lengthens, and that it has minimal undereye smudging (although there is still some, but very minimal) after a full day. Only downside is that it can be hard to get your hands on if you're in Australia like me, but I'm sure it is a lot easier if you're in Asia or the States. Would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this when I visited Japan around mid-February and basically fell in-love and bought two more before I left!

I was horrified by just HOW GOOD this product is when it comes to lengthening! My lashes basically touches my brows at this point, they also look like long sharp knives ready to poke whoever I'm talking to.

This really does give you those long lashes and your curl will last all day. This doesn't really do a lot of volumizing, then again this is a LONG AND CURL mascara so you get what it claims. The formula is between being wet and also dry, and at times it does clump so I usually put the container in a cup of hot water or put a drop of saline solution to loosen the formula. This also came off with regular baby oil and a cotton swab in gentle rolling motions against your lashes. I also discovered that the biore cleansing wipes works like a charm as well!

on 12/16/2016 8:03:00 AM

HOLY GRAIL!!!

Dang this mascara is out of this world! I love it!!! I already have long lashes and I love how it even elongates it even more! It doesnt clump whatsoever and keeps my lashes separated, and is super smudge proof although I usually double layer. It also works really nice for my bottom lashes as well. It holds up my curls all day (even when I wet my face). And sometimes I would forget to remove it off my lashes and sleep on it but the next day my lashes would still look pretty darn good!

One complain that I have is that its claim to be super waterproof is very very true. This mascara does not budge at all! I've read some reviewers have trouble removing them. What I'd suggest is that your regular cleanser or makeup wipe wont do the trick. I usually use cussons / johnson&johnson baby oil to remove them, and it does remove it quite easily in just one swipe completely (always does the trick for me without fail).

I cannot recommend this product even more! Go get one yourself!!