Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by hair type : Other
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.7

on 5/30/2018 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My HG mascara! Fiber typed mascaras are my fave! It makes my lashes look fuller and longer not to mention its waterproof! Ive gone to the gym and sweat out a lot but my mascara is still there no fall out or smudges a girl needs that! The only thing I notice with this is it has this certain chemically-smell I dont know if its just or me or what but definitely there’s a tiny hint of an awful smell but its not really a big deal for me. Ive purchased this over and over nothing beats this mascara.

on 9/14/2017 9:14:00 AM

It's amazing. It truly is. It doesn't clump and it lifts my lashes well. Downside is it's super super hard to remove. Just when i thought I've removed everything, I rub my eyes and my fingers turn black. However, I don't find it to give very dramatic results because it does look natural (just how I like it). Also, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it's a bit too cutesy for my taste but I understand that the East does favour this style.

on 3/7/2016 10:13:00 PM

Pro:
-It works! This is LEGITIMATELY the ONLY mascara I've tried that lengthens and curls (or keeps the curl of) my short, straight, and stubborn Asian eyelashes. It separates my individual lashes and it makes me look like I'm wearing a set of natural falsies. Since this mascara is harder to obtain and I live in Canada, I save this mascara only for special occasions!
-Doesn't clump or flake
-Extremely waterproof

Cons:
-I normally don't wear waterproof mascara so this mascara is always so hard to remove. Need to use an oil-based eye makeup remover.

on 8/22/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I rarely wear mascara. I apply it maybe once a year, it smears all over my hooded eyelids after an hour and then I end up trying to blot the mess into something normal looking at whatever function I was desperately trying to be pretty for. It's one of those products that other people love, that I wish I could use.
I can use this one. I can't get it off once it's on, but .wow. What a difference mascara makes.

on 11/24/2014 11:55:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever used for holding a curl on stubborn, stick-straight lashes, and I've tried drug-store to high end searching for the One. Yep, that's right, this is the One until otherwise proven, which I doubt will be easy to do.

All I have to do with this to get perfect, long curls each time is use any decent metal eyelash curler, one coat of this, let it dry, apply a second coat, and it lasts all day. If I skip the second coat I find that the curl doesn't last as long. It doesn't slip or slide off. Once it's on, it's on. Mine is a nice true black which works well with my black lashes.

The only thing I dislike about this mascara is that I have to use the mascara/eyemakeup remover from the same company to get it off, but that's a small price to pay for the effect the mascara gives my lashes.

on 5/10/2013 11:52:00 AM

I absolutely love this! lengthens volumizes seperates holds curls extremely well no smudges/flaking thoughout the entire day .. lashes looks super pretty and natural

on 2/20/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My HG mascara. Very lengthening and never ever smudges or flakes. Easily buildable to add volume for evenings/special events. It's the only mascara I've ever repurchased more than once.

It certainly doesn't come off with a regular face wash, but is quite easily removed with eye makeup remover (especially the oil based kind) or a deep cleansing oil.

It's sold at virtually every large Asian market, and Amazon of course.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Holy Grail mascara. For five years (since I started using it), I have not found a match for its efficacy. It holds curl perfectly, does not smudge or flake, and seems to last forever. A godsend for stubborn lashes with a tendency to droop.

Its obtainability might be a problem for some. As an Australian consumer, I have to look online to buy this Japanese product. I personally go to sasa.com or eBay. Due to its cult-status and immense popularity, it's often sold out.

Its price is fair, but not great. With shipping and handling, one tube costs about $20. I use it liberally, so perhaps it will only last two months. But cheaper (still) than many mascaras.

The packaging is a gaudy hot pink, with cursive font, and a black cap. :( Enough has been said.

It is rather hard to remove, unless a potent waterproof eye makeup remover is used, such as L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover For Eyes, which I have been using forever.

Despite the above "cons" however, I still buy Heroine Make Long and Curl again and again. If it was ever discontinued, I would be absolutely devastated. It is that effective and that much of a necessity to my makeup routine.

I love it.

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

This is not a mascara that is readily available to me here in Canada, but I made sure to buy two back-ups on a vacation trip to Hong Kong this summer.

I have medium length, thin straight lashes, and this is one of the only mascaras I have come across (and Ive tried dept mascaras like Estee Lauder and Clinique, to drugstore ones....more than 20 different types!!!) that holds my curl, lengthens and volumizes my lashes. After about 10 hours of wear, my lashes arent as perky as when I first applied, but that I okay with me. I have cried with this mascara on, and it did not run. 90% of the mascaras Ive tried in the past smudged on me, as I do have monolids, but this one has yet to budge.

Speaking of budging, I admit that this mascara is quite difficult to remove......and I use organic coconut OIL to remove my eye makeup!
A tip though (for any harder-to-remove eye makeup): Hold your cosmetic pad with the remover on the eye area for several seconds, to allow the remover to break down the products :)

If I convert the price back into CDN dollars, I paid around $17 for this at Sasa.......which is a crazy high price for a mascara imo (yes I have slurged several times when I caved in and tried higher end mascaras), but I really do love this. I will repurchase and stock up on this mascara (long and curl/volume and curl are basically the same, they give the same results, really) when i travel back to Asia :)

Ive realized this mascara, as it "ages" does not have the amazing curling power it once did...so after a while my lashes still droop a bit. Furthermore, it has smudged a bit on me recently :( This is def sad, so ill be changing my review to 4 lippies instead of 5. i still would recommend this product though!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this online as it seems to be touted as amazing for holding a curl.

This may be true, but I found this mascara to make my lashes look clumpy and SHORTER than without mascara. YES, it holds a curl, but it's like finding a hair spray that holds but turns white and stiff. Not worth it, not HG.

I'll keep using it to see if maybe I change my mind as the tube gets older (which does happen, so, who knows).

EDIT: the older the tube gets, the less "stiff" my lashes are. Considering the price and that it does hold my curl, it's not a bad mascara.