Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

on 12/11/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I can actually wear mascara! That's right - I'd all about given up on mascara. I have stubborn straight and sparse lashes that will hold a curl for all of 5 seconds. No mascara would keep the curl and always leave raccoon eyes barely half an hour later.

I didn't want to believe it (oh, those romantic fluttery lashes of manga dreams!) so I tried mascara after mascara. High end, drugstore and everything in between. Even the Asian brands didn't work - Shiseido, Shu, ZA, Fibrewig, tried em all. The only one that performed half decently was Maybelline's waterproof Sky High Curves and even then, I had to constantly touch up as the smudges were inevitable. (Waterproof mascara is waterproof, not OIL-proof and that's the problem with ladies like me with oily eyelids)

Then I read the rave reviews of Heroine Make and tried it. Oh Holy Grail - tis the best Christmas present I could ever give myself. It didn't just hold the curl, it actually made the curl BETTER - longer and fluttery. Couldn't. Believe. My. Eyes. The curl held all day (I kept touching them and looking at myself in the mirror all day. Amazeballs!)

Yes, there was a wee bit of smudging after half a day but nothing that a little wipe couldn't fix and nothing like the smudge monsters of the past. Yes, it's hard to remove but seriously, am I about to complain when it works like a dream?

This is it. My mascara for life.

on 7/26/2014 6:34:00 PM

I am a mascara junkie, I always am looking for something even better. Well, this is NOT it... I bought this, paid a ton in shipping, it took forever to be delivered, but that is not why I am complaining. This mascara when it goes on is pretty Ok..After using this mascara for the third time, I nearly had a cow.. As I was struggling to take this junk off, multiple lashes came out. I even bought the recommended mascara remover and that did not prevent my lashes from falling out. In to the garbage it goes.. I had given a review for MAC extended play in the past and I am going right back to that mascara.. a solid mascara that never disappoints..

on 10/25/2017 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara. Thanks to contacts my eyes water and I rub them a lot. This does not budge. It even survives intense cardio sweat sessions. It is difficult to remove but an oil based cleanser does the trick. Apparently there is a remover for this mascara but I’ve not tried it. My only criticism is I have to buy it via Amazon UK or eBay. Although delivery through them from Japan is pretty quick

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Holy Grail mascara. For five years (since I started using it), I have not found a match for its efficacy. It holds curl perfectly, does not smudge or flake, and seems to last forever. A godsend for stubborn lashes with a tendency to droop.

Its obtainability might be a problem for some. As an Australian consumer, I have to look online to buy this Japanese product. I personally go to sasa.com or eBay. Due to its cult-status and immense popularity, it's often sold out.

Its price is fair, but not great. With shipping and handling, one tube costs about $20. I use it liberally, so perhaps it will only last two months. But cheaper (still) than many mascaras.

The packaging is a gaudy hot pink, with cursive font, and a black cap. :( Enough has been said.

It is rather hard to remove, unless a potent waterproof eye makeup remover is used, such as L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover For Eyes, which I have been using forever.

Despite the above "cons" however, I still buy Heroine Make Long and Curl again and again. If it was ever discontinued, I would be absolutely devastated. It is that effective and that much of a necessity to my makeup routine.

I love it.

on 3/7/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this mascara is pretty good. I have short Asian lashes and it does lengthen my lashes quite a bit. It holds a curl quite well. The only problem I have with this is that it kind of runs after some hours. Or maybe it's because of my oily face. Also, I don't wear make up too often so I've had this mascara for 2 years now probably only worn it 30 times at most. I don't know if it's because I've had it for this long, but it clumps now when I put it on. Might be because it's dry but I'm not sure. But all in all, I believe this mascara is pretty good. Very waterproof as other reviewers have said. You need to use makeup remover to take it off. Not just plain water. It's good that it's THAT waterproof. It stays on even when you shower or swim. So I'm not sure why some people complain about the removal. That's the point of waterproof mascara. Other than the clumping and running (maybe also due to time), it's a pretty good mascara to use.

on 8/21/2018 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. Super, long lashes await you! I’ve used this mascara for over 4 years and LOVE it. I suggest buying the remover by KissMe as this mascara can be challenging to remove without it.

on 7/8/2017 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Its impossible to get offfff...please if you are a busy woman dont waste 15 min of your day trying to remove mascara it will even rip off your eyelashes from all the rubbing

on 5/28/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this mascara is almost as good my old majolica majorca lash expander frame plus that has been discontinued. it lengthens, curls and thickens my asian lashes like no other. and its very longlasting too. the difference between this one and the majolica majorca one is that this one gets to my undereye after a few hours while the other one doesnt. for that im not giving it a full 5 lippies. its still a very good mascara for the price and one that i will probably be repurchasing but just be wary that it can get to your undereyes after wearing it all day.

First time I tried this, it smudged everywhere. I swore off it as it also made my lashes super spindly, though it held a great curl.

Second time, same tube, I layered under HG CG Lashblast Fusion - hmmm, good curl, but ended up with way too much mascara on because the lashblast brush couldn't brush easily through the lashes.

Third time's a charm? Worked slowly and in layers - got long and clump free lashes that stayed curled in perfect position all day. No smudging.
Turned out I just had to keep eyes at half mast until each layer dried (which happens fairly quickly). I used to apply a coat and then immediately apply another one, but for this, best is to apply a few strokes, and then switch eyes, and then reapply the next coat.
Second other reviews in not much volume here though - it's mostly about the length and curl. Also, PITA to remove - but much easier once you add in a oil remover. I use an oil cleanser for a facewash anyways, so it works out easily for me.

on 9/15/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this in a swap, as it is very difficult to get a hold of in the continental U.S.. The brush is curved, which is fine, I have no preference for brush shape, only brush material. It is a traditional mascara brush, not a silicone/rubber brush. The formula is thin and does not clump. It lengthens well, and it does hold a curl. It does not thicken much, but it does separate the lashes well.

The most remarkable thing about this mascara is the staying power. It is nothing short of incredible. It is stronger than waterproof mascaras, and quite frankly, is a real pain to remove if you don't use the specific Kiss Me remover that is made for this mascara. It doesn't flake, smudge, smear, or move from your lashes until you very deliberately take it off.

I will use this when I need mascara with unusually high staying power, but not for day to day use, as it is simply too difficult to remove. Might repurchase, if I could also get the remover to go with it.