Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

on 9/24/2016 7:30:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! I have longer very straight lashes, and this is the only this that will keep any curl for a significant amount of time. I've tried quite a few high end, mid range, and drug store mascaras, but I will most likely keep sticking with this.

The only downside is that it can get clumpy if you apply a lot, but I've always used a clean spoolie to separate my lashes after mascara application since I like them to look more 'fluttery,' and the spoolie works fine as long as I don't let it dry too much. Also the little fibers have irritated my contacts before, but a lot of mascaras have done that, and this one isn't too bad with it.

I also keep looking up throughout the day cause I can feel my lashes hit my brown bone when I look up! I've only ever felt that with falsies!

on 5/30/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

CosDNA: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_7e22183252.html

Official page: http://www.isehan.co.jp/heroine/items/point/mascara/1144/

Price: 1080yen

Pros:
- very long staying power
- noticeably longer lashes
- cute simple bottle with a curved brush
- this worked wonderfully for my mother-in-law; long, full, curly lashes that made her eyes look amazing

Cons:
- this was my first mascara with fibre bits so it wasn't really what I expected; personally didn't like the fibres holding so much product in the brush
- I might have gotten an older bottle or something because it was really dry and clumpy when I bought it; ended up adding a few drops of eye drops to fix it
- got some clumps in my lashes which can be fixed by going over it with a clean brush afterwards
- I didn't notice much of a curl but I have very straight and stiff lashes :( so the moral is YMMV

on 5/25/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this formula and the volume one in Japan for $6 each. It does what it says. I have naturally long lashes so the effect was the most dramatic of any mascara I have ever tried. And each lash was enphasized individually. Doesn't curl, but no mascara really does.

It has major staying power, major! Does not come off even w/ makeup remover, or oil. It irritated my eyes when I tried to remove. That is why I didn't rate a 5.

After using a few times and trying to take it off, a few of my lashes came off!!! I should have bought the same brand mascara remover hanging right next to it at drugstore, but oh well.

It's a great mascara just get matching remover.

on 11/26/2009 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my other HG on par with lash expander from majorca majolica, this is a great alternative when you only want length. pair it with cover girl's lash blast for extra volume to smudge at the roots.

edit: I found that you can REALLY layer this baby on for the most amazing volume! Check out the mega photo of my eye above, haha! That was after 4 layers + heated eye curler. My mom thought I had fake lashes on. That makes it all worth it :) Oh and they have their own brand of remover wand especially designed for this mascara. It makes removing ANY mascara a total breeze. I wipe it off with any moisturizing makeup wipes and voila! Perfectly clean. The most amazing thing is that my lashes still hold their curl even without that mascara. Totally unheard of in the past. I'm so proud of my baby!

edit x2: just wanted to tell everyone that this mascara is great when paired with the majorca majolica lash expander on top because the fibers from Kissme builds a wonderful volume base for the lash expander to extend its length on. SALE ALERT!!! I am in no way affiliated with this seller/website whatsoever, but I would like to share with those interested that www.adambeauty.com is having a special on the limited edition set of mascara + remover. Go check it out because the price works out so that you practically get the remover for free :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have only used this product twice, so I will re edit if anything changes....this mascara is amazing...it blows Fiberwig out of the water. I got it from Adamsbeauty for a super price (do not recall the price) and got two of them, both WP, one is called long and curl and the other is volume and curl. The volume one does volumize slightly more, but not enough to buy one over the other, imo. Yes, I have both opened at the same time...I resisted for weeks, because I had so many other new fresh mascaras opened, but my curiosity killed it for me...the first day I wore it, my lashes were so long they touched my eyelids and I do not have that long lashes, it is the fibers! What I love about this mascara is the uncanny ability to add seperation, whereas Fiberwig just made a big mess of my lashes, and they had a split endy looking thing going on, lol....no one has commented about the length yet but I think they look long and nice... This mascara also held a curl for me all day long, which was amazing considering how long they were looking, I expected them to droop throughout the day. definite repurchase for me! So glad I took a chance on this stuff...

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best waterproof mascara I've ever used. I swam in it and didn't have any black under my eyes. I have fairly oily skin so most waterproof mascaras just smudge on me and then are impossible to get off. On my second tube.

on 2/8/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this mascara is beyond amazing! i have a thin, short, sparse and straight eyelashes that only could be recognize if i wear fake eyelashes (even the more expensive mascara couldn't help my eyelashes lol) but when i tried this, i never look back!!! i curl my lashes and then apply 2 coats of this, and voila! my eyelashes looks like i wear fake eyelashes on them. a definitely HG for me! the only bad side is: this mascara is super waterproof, so the take off process could be like hell. you have to buy the remover from this brand if you don't wanna loose your lashes. but if you don't mind with heavy duty mascara that won't budge even when you've been crying all night long, this one is for you

on 11/20/2016 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail mascara. I have short, stick straight Asian lashes that point downwards, and hardly ever stay up for long with a curler. However, ever since using this, my lashes look AMAZING. They stay all day, keep up their curl, water-proof, smudge-proof, and make me forget that I actually have short lashes underneath these coats.

I've never actually removed this with anything else aside from the included remover that was on offer with it, so I can't review on how well it removes, but I must say that the remover works amazingly with it as well. If you're getting this, get that remover too, it's so effective!

on 11/9/2016 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My lashes: straight, fairly short and sparse, oily lids, eyes that tend to water quite a bit.
I always wear waterproof mascaras, partly because my eyes water easily, and partly because only waterproof mascaras can hold a curl in my lashes. With most mascaras I can literally see my lashes straighten out immediately on application - they make a little wah-waaah sad trombone sound and deflate, pretty much. I have worn Max Factor Masterpiece WP for years and years, because it holds the curl, gives nice separation and used to perform reliably well. Lately that has begun smudging under my eyes, though, probably due to some combination of oily lids and perhaps a formula change.

So I switched to this mascara, after coming across recommendations saying that it was a really good one for holding a curl in stubborn lashes. And it is! It holds a curl better than Masterpiece WP, actually. It also gives quite a bit of volume and length, it separates reasonably well if you're careful about wiping off all the excess product from the wand and it can be built up some, too. There is no smudging at all on me, and I use MAC Cleanse Off Oil daily, which takes it off without problems. I ordered mine from a Japanese Ebay retailer that I order sunscreens and things from every now and then, and it was very reasonably priced, too; the same price level as drugstore mascaras where I am.

The only issue I have with it is that the wand picks up about ten times as much product as I want, so I have to do a lot of wiping, and I don't love curved mascara wands in general. I kind of miss the silicone wand of MF Masterpiece. The excellent performance of this mascara is worth the hassle, though. I will repurchase.

on 8/23/2016 11:40:00 PM

I have tried a lot of mascaras (mainly Chanel, Benefit, Maybelline, Too Faced, Dolly Wink, Tony Moly, Etude House, etc.). Honestly, this one beats them all. First of all, I have long but really straight Asian lashes. This holds my curled lashes the whole day and also doesn't smudge at the end of the day. However, like other reviewers have said here, it is rather difficult to remove but it comes off easily with the pink tube mascara remover. You can also get them as a set, I have seen it in stores before.