Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.1

on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

on 2/27/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a rambling email to my friend about mascaras recently, and here's what I sent her:

"heroine make long & curl super waterproof = it should go home. It is drunk.

Like a creamy version of Benefit they're real! except it holds a curl better, doesn't dry out in the tube as quick and has fibres to lengthen your lashes.

I wore it for 14 hours then came home and worked out and sweated all my makeup off except that mascara and STILL IT HELD THE CURL PERFECTLY like what?!??

It's also like $5 in Japan. Only downside is that it's nightmare level to get off"

Here's how I use it:

1. Curl your lashes
2. If you have a heated lash curler, use that now! If not, who cares? This mascara will do that work for you.
3. Apply first coat of mascara, concentrate on the roots.
4. Second coat, as normal, but concentrate on the tips and outer edge in particular.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY MASCARA AND *THEN* CURL YOUR LASHES. That is asking for a disaster! There is a chance, even if the mascara seems to have dried, that your lashes will be tugged by the curler and they may tear. Please, please don't risk it.

Anyway, my lashes are very straight and are a real pain to get them to keep a curl. Japanese mascaras have been great IME, but this one is still the best.

Last time I used this mascara, I got a compliment from a colleague who used to work for MAC, she thought I was wearing nice falsies.

My only complaint is that it can be hard to get off, but if you buy the remover as well you'll not have any issues at all. Unlike the Benefit They're Real! Remover, that remover actually works. Another thing that works is oil cleansing.

Seriously. My workouts are total sweatfests but this stays put.

This is made of magic and miracles and I highly recommend this product.

on 12/19/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after seeing it mentioned in New York Magazine (03/17), backed up by Amazon reviews.

What I'm looking for in a mascara:
- Won't irritate my eyes; I rub them frequently and am prone to itchy/teary eyes.
Experience: this mascara does not irritate my eyes.

- Will stay put on my lashes, and not migrate south and give me raccoon eyes.
Experience: this mascara doesn't move into my under-eye area, or rub off on my fingers (as mentioned, I rub my eyes a lot).

- Won't clump my lashes together.
Experience: I've only ever used Maybelline's pink/green, L'Oreal's original, and now this Isehan. I would say this mascara is the best at not clumping my lashes together. Immediately after applying mascara (after each eye), I then run through my lashes with an old lash brush (left over from a Latisse-type treatment I badgered my mom into buying maybe 25 years ago, while on an international flight and paging through the duty-free magazine). That removes clumps while preserving the extra color and length. I've always done this step- with the Maybelline and the L'Oreal as well- but the Isehan gives me the fewest clumps to begin with, and doesn't cause as many lashes to stick together in the first place.

- Waterproof.
Experience: I tear up very easily (e.g. while yawning) but haven't noticed any darkened tears or smeared mascara. After maybe 10-12 hours of wear, I feel like some of the mascara has worn off (though I don't know where it goes). I half-heartedly wash my face with water and then rub a heavy, oily cream (like, Nivea ... or maybe Vaseline) on my eyes. That is kind of the extent of my makeup removal routine. In my defense, I probably wear mascara once a month, so I've never put in more effort at doing more. This, uh, very basic routine seems to remove the mascara? I look normal/mascara-free by the time I shower the next morning, anyway.

- Lengthens and/or curls.
Experience: to be honest, while I research drugstore/K-beauty options to death, I feel like I don't wear mascara enough to have fine perceptions of how MUCH better my lashes look, or ought to look. All I can say is (apart from the four more important requirements listed above) that my lashes look quite a bit longer ... but in a natural way. I don't think it really adds much curl, but then again, I don't use a curler, so that's not exactly surprising.

Overall, I think it's pretty flattering. I would probably repurchase (I know you're supposed to replace mascara every three months or so, but ... er ... I'm 35 and I'm on my third tube of mascara ... so who knows when I *actually* will. Wow, on second thought, please DON'T do that math). Please note that I bought this off Amazon, knowing that it would take a few weeks to arrive. So for people who replace their mascara more frequently than I do (which is to say, probably, everyone), build in that wait-time.

on 5/8/2014 1:51:00 PM

I bought this mascara off ebay for about $18 and it came with its own mascara remover. After reading about how hard it was to remove this mascara, I wanted to make sure I had their own mascara remover in case my make up removers didn't work. This mascara lengthens (a lot) and doesn't smudge one bit. Volume wise, it's very similar to the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof Mascara - which gives more of a natural than falsies look. It doesn't clump, no matter how many coats you apply! And the mascara is very black. After my first day of using this mascara, I wanted to see if coconut oil can remove it. I gently coated my lashes with coconut oil and waited a few minutes. In the meantime, I brushed my teeth and flossed. Then i used a cotton pad soaked with oil-free Neutrogena make up remover and swiped my eye lid. After a couple swipes, the mascara easily came off. The next day I used the matching mascara remover and it blew me away! Using the brush that came with the remover, the formula did not go into my eyes and did not drip from the brush. It evenly coated my lashes in one sweep and I left it on for about 2 minutes. Using a cotton pad with make up remover again, the mascara came off in one gentle swipe! I barely had to press down, I was so amazed! And I've never seen my eyelashes so clean. It was a truly remarkable product! Both coconut oil and the mascara remover worked, so if you don't want to spend money on their removers you can definitely use alternatives. But I will continue to use their mascara remover because of it's convenience and how well it worked.

on 8/23/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara is the best I’ve ever used. Was a long time user of Diorshow Mascara but the cost was high (IMHO) and the all day results not so much. Found Isehan Kise Me Long & Curl Mascara on Amazon & decided to try it. Fell in love. Holds my lash curl for hours. It does have a tendency to get clumpy but I run the tube under hot water & it smooths out. The price is reasonable too approx $15.

on 9/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading rave reviews, I had a friend buy one for me when she was in Japan. I was so excited to try it! Unfortunately, it did not work out for me. It does not last very long and flakes like crazy. Some of the flakes even got into my contact lens so I've been too scared to try it again because of irritation.

I was in Hong Kong recently and decided to buy it again, just in case my friend got a dud. Nope, still the same. It didn't last back when I was in Canada so it definitely did not survive the brutal HK humidity.

I will say, it is quite black which I like a lot. But it flakes so much and irritates my eyes that is it not worth it for me.

on 12/2/2015 2:04:00 PM

I've heard from a lot of other Asians that this mascara is their holy grail product. When this product is used by itself, it's rather disappointing. Doesn't give any volume and the color is not dark enough, it's a very natural look. However, when used on top of another mascara (I used my HG Maybelline Rocket) it's fantastic. It's a great alternative for my Unique Fiber 3D Mascara, which is also pretty expensive ($30). Considering I purchased it for $4 off eBay, I'd definitely repurchase again as a top coat.

on 12/17/2013 1:02:00 PM

I have gone through several bottles of this mascara. It really really holds your curl. I have stick straight lashes.. and this mascara really holds the curl... it lacks volume, so i put extra coats.. but the staying power is the best... does not run.. does not budge!

i took off a lippie bc it is hard to remove, sometimes i feel like some lashes fall off bc of this mascara.

on 6/15/2017 12:46:00 AM

I bought the one in the pink tube. I'm not crazy about the brush as there hardly is one... I think I wanted a different one but I bought it on eBay and it didn't show a picture of the brush and I wasn't sure which one was the better one. The other brushes look really nice and this one's kinda pathetic. But saying that, it does work fine.

My only complaint is that when I'm applying the mascara, I get some on my lid so I have to learn to apply it with care. It does go on very nice though so that complaint is minimal.

I selected no I wouldn't buy again only because I get pretty much the same results with my trusty lash sensation mascara so I will use the 2 I bought but won't re-buy cuz my lash sensation is local and cheaper. I paid $9 each for these on eBay and it took a few weeks to come in.

I don't think it did much for length. I always curl with an eyelash curler before applying mascara. It doesn't clump and it's kind of a wet formula which I love.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the NUMBER ONE mascara on my list. Total HG, it is one notch above my second favourite, the Marjolica King Lash. If you are Asian like me, you would know that Western mascara wands can be so difficult to work with. The wand on this is thin and curled, so I find that I am able to coat my entire lash and the curl allows me to pick up any smaller lashes at the sides as well. I have also used this on my lower lashes and the wand is so thing I had no problem putting it on as well. For the effect of this mascara, it definitely lengthens and even though it doesnt say, it volumizes as well. I would say to go for this long and curl version over the volume version. It is so much better. It layers well two or three coats and makes your small Asian lashes look ridiculously long. It contains fibre that builds length. It also does not budge at all. I have overlapping lids that gives me abit of a panda eye sometimes and this has never failed me. I also layer this on top of other mascaras to make them waterproof sometimes. How I'd apply this to get maximum impact is to first apply my Dior lash primer and then layer two coats of this, both top and bottom. This will always remain as my HG. The third generation of it was released and I have already repurchased it.