Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

What. A. Nightmare. I've always had dark, decent lashes, but with age, they're starting to thin out. I ordered this because of all the reviews claiming is wasn't clumpy. Well, it was for me. If it weren't so hard to remove (I've worn waterproof my entire life), it would be passable, but as it is, saturating my lashes with baby oil for 10 minutes at a time after every wear and still having to tug on the mascara residue -- and pulling out lashes at the same time -- made this a non-starter. I'll stick with Maybelline Full 'N Soft. Won't buy again.

on 3/11/2019 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I bought this mascara after reading the positive reviews on here but  I must say that for me, this is just an okay product. I like the curved brush and how it fits around my lashes and the formula definitely gives my lashes the illusion of length and lift. I guess I just prefer a thicker, more voluminous look.  For lengthening purposes, this is a good product. I can totally see people with sparse or short lashes enjoying the effects. For my needs however, I think I’ll stick with my L’oreal Lash Paradise.  Update 3/21/2019: this works better a week after it's been opened! I love it now and use it everyday.

on 1/13/2019 6:53:00 AM

This mascara is super waterproof and does not bulge even after a long day. It also makes my lashes look super long and curly in a very natural way, although it can be quite difficult to remove.

First of all I’m just going to mention the ridiculous packaging standards in Japan. I mean look at it, what is that. I have to use scissors to get it out.

But it’s probably the best mascara I’ve ever used. I saw this recommended by several Redditors on r/AsianBeauty, since as a half-Chinese person myself I have somewhat straight eyelashes that, while not especially short, get hidden by my hooded eyelids, and I figured the best place to find a suitable mascara for this Asian sort of problem was to go on an Asian beauty subreddit :) well it does the job! I always use an eyelash curler before mascara, and when I use this the curl stays in place and my eyelashes become elongated. Before using this mascara for the first time I had not once had anyone compliment my eyelashes, but now I’ve had people ask me if I was wearing fake eyelashes.

It’s also extremely waterproof, so you’ll need a really good eye makeup remover (I use Nivea Double Effect Eye Makeup Remover). If you leave it on for too long your eyes might get irritated.

Darned good product this.

on 8/23/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara is the best I’ve ever used. Was a long time user of Diorshow Mascara but the cost was high (IMHO) and the all day results not so much. Found Isehan Kise Me Long & Curl Mascara on Amazon & decided to try it. Fell in love. Holds my lash curl for hours. It does have a tendency to get clumpy but I run the tube under hot water & it smooths out. The price is reasonable too approx $15.

on 4/8/2018 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I’ve searched & used so many different brands trying to find a mascara that actually holds a curl & doesn’t just weigh my naturally straight lashes down. I use the waterproof version of this mascara & have for several months now. I am totally pleased with how it holds a curl for hours. As I stated, my lashes are naturally straight and this mascara works GREAT. Seldom do I ever have to touch it up. It does have a tendency to clump but I run the closed tube under hot water for a minute or so and it comes out silky & ready to apply. Jet Black is truly jet black too.

on 12/19/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after seeing it mentioned in New York Magazine (03/17), backed up by Amazon reviews.

What I'm looking for in a mascara:
- Won't irritate my eyes; I rub them frequently and am prone to itchy/teary eyes.
Experience: this mascara does not irritate my eyes.

- Will stay put on my lashes, and not migrate south and give me raccoon eyes.
Experience: this mascara doesn't move into my under-eye area, or rub off on my fingers (as mentioned, I rub my eyes a lot).

- Won't clump my lashes together.
Experience: I've only ever used Maybelline's pink/green, L'Oreal's original, and now this Isehan. I would say this mascara is the best at not clumping my lashes together. Immediately after applying mascara (after each eye), I then run through my lashes with an old lash brush (left over from a Latisse-type treatment I badgered my mom into buying maybe 25 years ago, while on an international flight and paging through the duty-free magazine). That removes clumps while preserving the extra color and length. I've always done this step- with the Maybelline and the L'Oreal as well- but the Isehan gives me the fewest clumps to begin with, and doesn't cause as many lashes to stick together in the first place.

- Waterproof.
Experience: I tear up very easily (e.g. while yawning) but haven't noticed any darkened tears or smeared mascara. After maybe 10-12 hours of wear, I feel like some of the mascara has worn off (though I don't know where it goes). I half-heartedly wash my face with water and then rub a heavy, oily cream (like, Nivea ... or maybe Vaseline) on my eyes. That is kind of the extent of my makeup removal routine. In my defense, I probably wear mascara once a month, so I've never put in more effort at doing more. This, uh, very basic routine seems to remove the mascara? I look normal/mascara-free by the time I shower the next morning, anyway.

- Lengthens and/or curls.
Experience: to be honest, while I research drugstore/K-beauty options to death, I feel like I don't wear mascara enough to have fine perceptions of how MUCH better my lashes look, or ought to look. All I can say is (apart from the four more important requirements listed above) that my lashes look quite a bit longer ... but in a natural way. I don't think it really adds much curl, but then again, I don't use a curler, so that's not exactly surprising.

Overall, I think it's pretty flattering. I would probably repurchase (I know you're supposed to replace mascara every three months or so, but ... er ... I'm 35 and I'm on my third tube of mascara ... so who knows when I *actually* will. Wow, on second thought, please DON'T do that math). Please note that I bought this off Amazon, knowing that it would take a few weeks to arrive. So for people who replace their mascara more frequently than I do (which is to say, probably, everyone), build in that wait-time.

on 7/12/2017 10:00:00 AM

This is the best mascara I've ever used. Before getting this mascara, I've only used drugstore waterproof mascaras because they are affordable but none have been amazing. I have never and would never purchase expensive mascaras only to toss them after three months of use. I bought this mascara for about $12, and I would only repurchase this mascara from now on. It is so amazing that everyone who loves mascara should/need to try it.

The slightly curved wand is the perfect size, the stopper scrapes enough excess product off of the wand so it isn't overly full of product, and the fiber bristles are fine and short so you can get close to the roots of the lashes without poking at your skin.

The mascara coats the lashes so nicely, no clumps, lots of volume and length, holds the curl, and no smudging. It does dry sorta quickly so I have to be careful to apply the first coat well enough that I don't need to go over it again. One coat is really enough. This mascara does have very fine fibers in the formula but I haven't had any flaking issues.

I know people complain about removing this mascara which made me a little worried. I used the Garnier Clean Sensitive 2in1 Waterproof makeup remover with a micro fiber cloth and the mascara easily came right off without any tugging or mess.

You won't need to look for another mascara once you've tried this one, you won't be disappointed!

on 6/15/2017 12:46:00 AM

I bought the one in the pink tube. I'm not crazy about the brush as there hardly is one... I think I wanted a different one but I bought it on eBay and it didn't show a picture of the brush and I wasn't sure which one was the better one. The other brushes look really nice and this one's kinda pathetic. But saying that, it does work fine.

My only complaint is that when I'm applying the mascara, I get some on my lid so I have to learn to apply it with care. It does go on very nice though so that complaint is minimal.

I selected no I wouldn't buy again only because I get pretty much the same results with my trusty lash sensation mascara so I will use the 2 I bought but won't re-buy cuz my lash sensation is local and cheaper. I paid $9 each for these on eBay and it took a few weeks to come in.

I don't think it did much for length. I always curl with an eyelash curler before applying mascara. It doesn't clump and it's kind of a wet formula which I love.

on 9/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading rave reviews, I had a friend buy one for me when she was in Japan. I was so excited to try it! Unfortunately, it did not work out for me. It does not last very long and flakes like crazy. Some of the flakes even got into my contact lens so I've been too scared to try it again because of irritation.

I was in Hong Kong recently and decided to buy it again, just in case my friend got a dud. Nope, still the same. It didn't last back when I was in Canada so it definitely did not survive the brutal HK humidity.

I will say, it is quite black which I like a lot. But it flakes so much and irritates my eyes that is it not worth it for me.