Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best mascara ever! I'll definitely stick to this one forever.

on 3/11/2019 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this is a really great mascara, i actually bought it kind of on a whim during a trip overseas. remembered hearing good things about it but never looked into this mascara specifically myself. and i was really impressed! the tube i bought 5 months ago is still working very well and it almost looks like i'm wearing very natural falsies when i use this product. doesn't flake, doesn't smudge, keeps my natural curl etc. it's really really nice, and it's not priced ridiculously either. oh, one other pro - the wand is a great size, and isn't too big for lower lash application. i mean really this mascara is an all-around home run in just about every way.

unfortunately, it's INSANELY difficult to wash off. i don't remember if i bought a waterproof formula (or if this even comes in a regular formula) but i am really on the fence about repurchasing for that reason alone. i use oil to wash my face and even that doesn't get this all off; it usually takes two days to remove this stuff from my lashes entirely. if this stuff came off easily at the end of the day, it would easily be a 5-lippie product for me.

i do recommend it, but def be wary of the removal process.

on 5/25/2018 10:28:00 PM

I absolutely adore this mascara, it's my HG. I rarely use anything else.
I have fine, straight eyebrows that are poorly visible when looking straight ahead. When I'd curl my lashes in the past, they'd droop as the day wore on. This mascara holds a curl like none other - it looks the same at the end of 13-hour shifts at work as it does when I start, never smears or droops. It is also practically bulletproof once it's dry - it never runs even when crying or using contact lens re-wetting drops. I do have to use a biphasic make-up remover to get it off, but if you soak the cotton pad and hold it over your lashes for a few seconds, it wipes off easily and gently.
It's a fibre-type mascara so it truly does lengthen the appearance of your lashes, after 2 coats it looks amazing. People genuinely comment on my lashes and ask if I'm wearing falsies! The wand has a spoolie brush that is curved so it fans your eyelashes out as you apply.
As the cherry on the top, it retails for around £8 in Japan and is still quite cheap to order online. I also like the cartoonish aspect of the packaging, although the mascara tube itself is simply black and silver.

The only downside is that near the 3 month mark, it dries out in the tube and loses its effectiveness. You are supposed to replace mascara every 3 months anyway so it's not all bad.

Love, love, LOVE this mascara!

on 5/18/2018 5:53:00 AM

I've used and loved this mascara for years, it gives me the longest, curliest lashes all day long without flaking. I've always purchased this from eBay or Amazon as I live in the UK.

Unfortunately... the last few mascaras that I've received seem to be a totally different formula. When I take the wand out of the tube, the formula stays attached to the wand like string! It's the strangest thing... When I apply to my lashes I just don't get the same effect any more. I thought I'd just received a dud the first time but I've ordered three now and they've all been the same.

This was my HG and I'm absolutely gutted!! It was my absolute favourite.

Now I have to go on the hunt for a new waterproof, curl-holding, lash lengthening genius product so that my mascara dreams can come alive again. I'll be trying the Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof first.

on 3/10/2018 9:07:00 PM

This is for the "Long and Curl Mascara" in water proof version:

Pros:
1. AMAZING staying power. Cry your eyes out, rub your eyes-- this mascara will stay in its place and will not flake
2. Does not clump-- I put on two coats of this mascara and my lashes looked like mine, but BETTER (I also use the "long" version of this mascara together with this to lengthen)
3. Color is beautiful
4. Will hold curl on my short, lifeless and straight Asian eyelashes. Curled my lashes and applied this mascara-- my lashes were PERFECT the entire day

Cons:
1. One of the main ingredients of this mascara is talc and I wish that the company would innovate to change this, because there's no reason why any cosmetics in 2018 should contain talc (check out ewg.org for toxins in our cosmetics)
2. Can be a bit drying on the lashes over time (I moisturize my lashes with a mix of coconut/jojoba/castor or sometimes even EVO every night to combat dry and brittle lashes)

All in all, despite the ingredient, this is THE mascara for me. This is my HG and one I've loved for over a decade. For people complaining about difficulty in removal of this product, the same company also sells eyemakeup remover which can also be used to remove lip makeup or makeup in general. I buy mine from either local Japanese stores, when I travel overseas, or Yesstyle.com (when I buy online, I buy them when they're on sale for around $8-10).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The most hardcore waterproof, smudgeproof, sleep-proof, rub-proof, ****proof mascara I have ever tried lol. Keeps lashes curled and stays on all day.

Recommended for weddings, extreme rain, sad movies, and sleeping at school.

In terms of the price, I would say it's relatively affordable. A lot of "drugstore" Japanese mascaras seem to be around $8-10USD in Japan, including this one. Unfortunately the prices online will bit a bit more expensive but still less than mascaras at Sephora.

on 6/15/2017 12:46:00 AM

I bought the one in the pink tube. I'm not crazy about the brush as there hardly is one... I think I wanted a different one but I bought it on eBay and it didn't show a picture of the brush and I wasn't sure which one was the better one. The other brushes look really nice and this one's kinda pathetic. But saying that, it does work fine.

My only complaint is that when I'm applying the mascara, I get some on my lid so I have to learn to apply it with care. It does go on very nice though so that complaint is minimal.

I selected no I wouldn't buy again only because I get pretty much the same results with my trusty lash sensation mascara so I will use the 2 I bought but won't re-buy cuz my lash sensation is local and cheaper. I paid $9 each for these on eBay and it took a few weeks to come in.

I don't think it did much for length. I always curl with an eyelash curler before applying mascara. It doesn't clump and it's kind of a wet formula which I love.

on 9/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading rave reviews, I had a friend buy one for me when she was in Japan. I was so excited to try it! Unfortunately, it did not work out for me. It does not last very long and flakes like crazy. Some of the flakes even got into my contact lens so I've been too scared to try it again because of irritation.

I was in Hong Kong recently and decided to buy it again, just in case my friend got a dud. Nope, still the same. It didn't last back when I was in Canada so it definitely did not survive the brutal HK humidity.

I will say, it is quite black which I like a lot. But it flakes so much and irritates my eyes that is it not worth it for me.

on 3/7/2016 10:13:00 PM

Pro:
-It works! This is LEGITIMATELY the ONLY mascara I've tried that lengthens and curls (or keeps the curl of) my short, straight, and stubborn Asian eyelashes. It separates my individual lashes and it makes me look like I'm wearing a set of natural falsies. Since this mascara is harder to obtain and I live in Canada, I save this mascara only for special occasions!
-Doesn't clump or flake
-Extremely waterproof

Cons:
-I normally don't wear waterproof mascara so this mascara is always so hard to remove. Need to use an oil-based eye makeup remover.

on 6/16/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used this a few times now, but after just the first use, I knew this had become my HG mascara. Blows everything else I've ever used out of the water.

Pros:
- Cute packaging (doesn't really have anything to do with product quality, but I'm a sucker for it)
- SERIOUSLY long-lasting. I wore this to a concert where I sweated like mad and had water splashed on my face and it didn't budge.
- Incredible lash definition without being clumpy or spidery. I have long lashes to begin with so this stuff really does make me look like a manga heroine, haha. If you're looking for volume or curl you'll probably be disappointed in this product (I haven't used it with an eyelash curler yet so I can't say how it holds up,) but if you just want crazy long lashes, this is for you.
- Cheaper than most higher-end mascaras. I got a double pack that came with the mascara and a makeup remover and it was still less than Lancome Definicils with shipping (and works better.)

Cons:
- This could be a good or bad thing, but this stuff does not come off without heavy-duty makeup remover, even after face washing. My Boots makeup remover basically did nothing to it, though I did have more luck with makeup removing wipes. I recommend getting the version of this product that comes with its own makeup remover if you can find it.
- Since it's a Japanese product, it can be a little more difficult to find and may take a bit longer to get to you since it usually has to ship from SE Asia. I bought mine on Ebay.

Bottom line: buy it immediately.