Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

on 9/24/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mascara is currently the no.1 mascara on cosme.net, the Japanese equivalent of MUA. This stuff works wonders for my obnoxious stick-straight Asian lashes. They're actually visible from the front for once, lol. It holds curls very well (best I've tried), lengthening effect is moderate. Doesn't smudge or leave flakes behind like MAC and benefit mascaras do. Doesn't weigh lashes down like loreal ones do. Like what everyone has mentioned, it's quite difficult to remove. I rubbed a gel-based remover into my lashes, took about 1 minute to remove the "lash tubes" completely. Price is very reasonable, 1050 yen (US$10) for a tube. Packaging is plain and a little tacky. From MUA reviews it seems like people with stick-straight lashes like this product a lot more than people with normal lashes. I guess we appreciate the industrial strength curl-holding power, which doesn't matter as much to normal lashes.

UPDATE: I'm using it with shiseido's eyelash curler, it's MAGIC :) My lashes normally point down, now they stay at 80 degrees for hours. They look exactly like the lashes of models in Japanese magazines (CanCam, Non-no, ViVi) Pretty amazing by my standards.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Mascara and I have a very casual relationship. I always get seduced by its cute packaging and convincing label, we go out a couple times and have an amazing time and, sooner or later, it totally screws me over and I'm left looking like a fool with clumpy lashes and raccoon eyes thinking, "where did it all go wrong?!".

This is why I don't use mascara all that often. It always looks so unnatural and tacky on me. Not so with Long and Curl!

I have Asian lashes that can hold an amazing curl for all of five minutes, after which they magically revert to their stick-straight, natural form. Long and Curl can give me this almost insane curl. I have pretty big eyes to begin with, so Long and Curl gives me ridiculously amazing eyes that pop. I can skip eyeliner with this on, it's that good.

I only need two coats of this and I'll be set for the day. You need to apply them quickly, though. The mascara sets pretty fast. It's also really natural looking. I have never had clumpy lashes using this. Save for the ridiculous curling action, this mascara looks pretty natural.

One lippie off for being incredibly difficult to take off. (Although, if you look at it more positively, this mascara is incredibly long-lasting and doesn't budge).

on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

I think I found my HG mascara. (I have average lashes, average length, volume and curl... Nothing special)

Anyways, I was window shopping in an Asian mall while waiting for a table at my favourite Chinese restaurant and walked into a cosmetic store.
A lovely lady asked me if I was interested in anything and this wall of mascaras I've never seen before caught my eyes. And I had told her I'm always in the hunt for waterproof mascara that will hold my curl and lengthen my lashes... And she immediately pointed me to this - kiss me heroine make long and curl mascara by isehan.
Well, thank the makeup gods I walked into this store because I found the mascara I was looking for. It kept my lashes curled, didn't flake or smudge and my lashes wasn't crunchy at all. I'm so amazed but Japanese mascara technology is unbeatable.
If you have average lashes... This mascara will make them beautiful. This mascara is pretty difficult to remove with regular makeup remover but my LancĂ´me bi-facil double action from Sephora (the one That looks like it has oil and water ) removes this mascara easily without tugging. It's expensive but it works.

My mascara trick I learned from the incredibly talented makeup artist Wayne Goss from YouTube is - 1) apply a thin coat of this mascara 2) curl your lashes for 10-15 seconds 3) apply another 1-2 coats. That will keep your lashes curled.
If you think this is a disaster waiting to happen... I suggest you watch his video because I've never seen my lashes so curled in my life.

I will buy Multiple back ups of this asap.
(I purchased mine for $22.99 in Canadian dollars)

on 3/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have used this mascara since the summer of 2014 and am finishing up my third tube. My rating is really a 4.5, because it doesn't surpass YSL's Waterproof Faux Cils performance-wise. It's not as volumizing or build-able, but it also doesn't cost $30 a tube or dry out in 1.5 months.

This mascara comes in really girly black and pink packaging, which I like. The lettering doesn't wear off after months of usage, too! Impressive. The brush wand is curved and is good at reaching all your lashes. My one criticism is that there's a lot of product at the tip which should be removed for best results, but this is not a big deal for me.

Performance-wise, it's very good at lengthening the lashes with fibers and holding a curl. As an Asian lady with straight as a pole eyelashes & a religious adherent to eyelash curlers, I can tell you that there's NOTHING in the American drug-stores that is remotely comparable to this mascara. It lasts all day with no smudging and very minimal flaking. I do not have problems removing this mascara as I use oil cleansers and an oil-based eye makeup remover at the end of the day when I choose to wear makeup.

It's easy to purchase this from eBay! I usually get it for $11 - $14 a tube. As a side note, I have also tried the Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara and I think this one is better.

I do not recommend this mascara for people who have really nice lashes in the first place. This was made by a Japanese company for an Asian consumer base and our lashes are usually short and do not hold a curl unless the mascara is waterproof.

However if you are tired of purchasing mascaras that causes your lashes to droop after curling them with eyelash curlers, please give this a try! You won't regret it.

on 12/11/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I can actually wear mascara! That's right - I'd all about given up on mascara. I have stubborn straight and sparse lashes that will hold a curl for all of 5 seconds. No mascara would keep the curl and always leave raccoon eyes barely half an hour later.

I didn't want to believe it (oh, those romantic fluttery lashes of manga dreams!) so I tried mascara after mascara. High end, drugstore and everything in between. Even the Asian brands didn't work - Shiseido, Shu, ZA, Fibrewig, tried em all. The only one that performed half decently was Maybelline's waterproof Sky High Curves and even then, I had to constantly touch up as the smudges were inevitable. (Waterproof mascara is waterproof, not OIL-proof and that's the problem with ladies like me with oily eyelids)

Then I read the rave reviews of Heroine Make and tried it. Oh Holy Grail - tis the best Christmas present I could ever give myself. It didn't just hold the curl, it actually made the curl BETTER - longer and fluttery. Couldn't. Believe. My. Eyes. The curl held all day (I kept touching them and looking at myself in the mirror all day. Amazeballs!)

Yes, there was a wee bit of smudging after half a day but nothing that a little wipe couldn't fix and nothing like the smudge monsters of the past. Yes, it's hard to remove but seriously, am I about to complain when it works like a dream?

This is it. My mascara for life.

on 4/15/2008 9:42:00 AM

I bought this mascara off Ebay and it was pretty cheap. It can be purchased off Sasa for even less -$6- but they're currently out of stock.

Moving along..this mascara is my HG mascara! I can't believe I have finally discovered a mascara that holds a curl! At such a cheap price too! It does everything it claims to do; it lengthens, it curls and holds a curl, it separates lashes and it does not clump. It's waterproof and when I say it does not smudge, I mean it does not smudge. In fact, it won't budge at all..whether you swim, bawl your eyes out or get caught in the pouring rain. As long as you use an oil-based makeup remover, it should be relatively easy to remove.

I've tried all sorts of mascaras from high-end brands such as Dior, Lancome, YSL, Dejavu Imju, MAC, Clinique, BeneFit, Estee Lauder, Chanel etc. to drugstore brands like Covergirl, Maybelline, Rimmel, Max Factor, L'Oreal.. even mascara primers (Shiseido Makeup Mascara Base, Missha Mascara Base) but Kiss Me Heroine outweighs them by far. I truly love this mascara!!

on 2/27/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a rambling email to my friend about mascaras recently, and here's what I sent her:

"heroine make long & curl super waterproof = it should go home. It is drunk.

Like a creamy version of Benefit they're real! except it holds a curl better, doesn't dry out in the tube as quick and has fibres to lengthen your lashes.

I wore it for 14 hours then came home and worked out and sweated all my makeup off except that mascara and STILL IT HELD THE CURL PERFECTLY like what?!??

It's also like $5 in Japan. Only downside is that it's nightmare level to get off"

Here's how I use it:

1. Curl your lashes
2. If you have a heated lash curler, use that now! If not, who cares? This mascara will do that work for you.
3. Apply first coat of mascara, concentrate on the roots.
4. Second coat, as normal, but concentrate on the tips and outer edge in particular.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY MASCARA AND *THEN* CURL YOUR LASHES. That is asking for a disaster! There is a chance, even if the mascara seems to have dried, that your lashes will be tugged by the curler and they may tear. Please, please don't risk it.

Anyway, my lashes are very straight and are a real pain to get them to keep a curl. Japanese mascaras have been great IME, but this one is still the best.

Last time I used this mascara, I got a compliment from a colleague who used to work for MAC, she thought I was wearing nice falsies.

My only complaint is that it can be hard to get off, but if you buy the remover as well you'll not have any issues at all. Unlike the Benefit They're Real! Remover, that remover actually works. Another thing that works is oil cleansing.

Seriously. My workouts are total sweatfests but this stays put.

This is made of magic and miracles and I highly recommend this product.

on 6/16/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've used this a few times now, but after just the first use, I knew this had become my HG mascara. Blows everything else I've ever used out of the water.

Pros:
- Cute packaging (doesn't really have anything to do with product quality, but I'm a sucker for it)
- SERIOUSLY long-lasting. I wore this to a concert where I sweated like mad and had water splashed on my face and it didn't budge.
- Incredible lash definition without being clumpy or spidery. I have long lashes to begin with so this stuff really does make me look like a manga heroine, haha. If you're looking for volume or curl you'll probably be disappointed in this product (I haven't used it with an eyelash curler yet so I can't say how it holds up,) but if you just want crazy long lashes, this is for you.
- Cheaper than most higher-end mascaras. I got a double pack that came with the mascara and a makeup remover and it was still less than Lancome Definicils with shipping (and works better.)

Cons:
- This could be a good or bad thing, but this stuff does not come off without heavy-duty makeup remover, even after face washing. My Boots makeup remover basically did nothing to it, though I did have more luck with makeup removing wipes. I recommend getting the version of this product that comes with its own makeup remover if you can find it.
- Since it's a Japanese product, it can be a little more difficult to find and may take a bit longer to get to you since it usually has to ship from SE Asia. I bought mine on Ebay.

Bottom line: buy it immediately.

on 12/19/2011 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

UPDATE (8/5/14): Three years later and I'm still using this mascara. This product has been reformulated at least twice since then, though. I'm on a tube of the 'S' reformulation (black cap pink tube), and it's definitely a step up from the previous iteration. The formula isn't as dry anymore, so the effect looks smoother and is easier to apply. I don't bother using a lash comb anymore, because the 'S' version is over that hurdle. It's still not really a luxe mascara by any means, but it continues to provide industrial-strength curl fixing for short and straight Asian lashes like a champ for a comparatively low price. Good enough for me.

2014 brought us the 'Super WP' reformulation (silver cap black tube), which I haven't tried yet – fingers crossed. I'm not exactly sure who was clamouring for a *super* waterproof version, but we got it anyway. Hopefully it's still, y'know, removable at the end of the day.

Mascara remover of choice circa 2014: Mandom BIFESTA Eye Makeup Remover (formerly called Mandom Cleansing Express Eye Makeup Remover). It's very good, check it out.

-----------------------
Kiss Me Heroine Make long and curl is a wear-all-day utility mascara that holds up through concerts, weddings and sneaking over rooftops in black jammies and a belt full of blowdarts. It's smudge and flake-free under absolutely ridiculous circumstances, and it holds a curl right up until you take it off. Add those qualities to a super black, super long finish with an extremely exaggerated curl, and we have a winner.

It's worth mentioning that Heroine make mascara is not perfect, considering that it 1) spiders somewhat and 2) absolutely hates to come off at the end of the day. So if you get this mascara, 1) get a lash comb and 2) get the Heroine Make mascara remover. And it LOOKS a bit dry, so it's not ideal for photoshoots or mascara connoisseurs. But as a utility mascara, it's pretty much unmatched. I'm not quite ready to confer HG status, but if you made me choose a mascara for til the end of time, this would be it.